Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Miki Ah You, 2019 3* LB, Kahuku HS, HI (COMMITTED)

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,721
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Penace said:

Next thing you know we are going to be offering Polynesian wide receiver prospects.

if we offer a poly corner i'm out.
    We have an asian DB committed
    Any race can play safety. Anything other than a black corner is unacceptable.

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

Penace said:

Next thing you know we are going to be offering Polynesian wide receiver prospects.

I was going to argue with you on this bullshit. But I checked. Jason Sehorn was the last white corner to play a snap in the NFL. That was in 2002. WTF
    Hmmnn. A trivia question.

When was the last great white hope in heavyweight boxing?

Hint. It's been awhile
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gerry Cooney

The 80's
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    animate said:

Bread said:

Penace said:

I was going to argue with you on this bullshit. But I checked. Jason Sehorn was the last white corner to play a snap in the NFL. That was in 2002. WTF

Hint. It's been awhile
    Why do you hate the Klitschkos?
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    animate said:

Bread said:

Penace said:

Hint. It's been awhile

Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Bread said:

Penace said:

Hint. It's been awhile

dnc said:

animate said:

Bread said:

Penace said:

Hint. It's been awhile
    Why do you hate the Klitschkos?
    Ukrainians don't count!

Well, they probably do... Anyways, apart from the klitchkos.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

So, a little birdie just told me he injured his foot and his running and jumping numbers at the Opening were affected by that.

I don’t 100% know what to make of that... but sure.gif

Look - every guy we get, I think: can we beat Ohio State with this kid? Would Ohio State or Bama take this kid?

And just to be clear - I know they recruit more “star” players than we do. But I mean in terms of athletic ability. Does this kid look like he could end up there?

I know this will come as a shock, but ratings don’t matter THAT much to me.

And with this kid it’s just like - sure he’s great in HS, but he’s thin.

Being 6-1, 215 in HS is a cheat code. These guys are generally very coordinated and way bigger/stronger than kids who are their same speed.

Because they aren’t playing teams with huge guys who can move and know how to block and can overpower them. They aren’t playing against offenses that use their aggressiveness against them, etc.

So, if a LB doesn’t have super-outstanding physical characteristics I’m really, really skeptical.

This kid is a beast on film, obviously. But would he have been a difference maker in the Penn State game?

My answer is... I dunno, maybe?

When you take kids like Tevis and Jack Sirmon and Tuputala - you see they have the frame to stand up in those kinds of games.

This kid looks like he will destroy OSU and WSU and be a non-factor vs. USC.

If he helps us get Vihami, Buelow and Tuitele, fuck it. But generally that doesn’t work.

Gerry Cooney

The 80's

If I wasn't such a fucking retard I'd post a picture of Frans Botha.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

So, a little birdie just told me he injured his foot and his running and jumping numbers at the Opening were affected by that.

I don’t 100% know what to make of that... but sure.gif

Look - every guy we get, I think: can we beat Ohio State with this kid? Would Ohio State or Bama take this kid?

And just to be clear - I know they recruit more “star” players than we do. But I mean in terms of athletic ability. Does this kid look like he could end up there?

I know this will come as a shock, but ratings don’t matter THAT much to me.

And with this kid it’s just like - sure he’s great in HS, but he’s thin.

Being 6-1, 215 in HS is a cheat code. These guys are generally very coordinated and way bigger/stronger than kids who are their same speed.

Because they aren’t playing teams with huge guys who can move and know how to block and can overpower them. They aren’t playing against offenses that use their aggressiveness against them, etc.

So, if a LB doesn’t have super-outstanding physical characteristics I’m really, really skeptical.

This kid is a beast on film, obviously. But would he have been a difference maker in the Penn State game?

My answer is... I dunno, maybe?

When you take kids like Tevis and Jack Sirmon and Tuputala - you see they have the frame to stand up in those kinds of games.

This kid looks like he will destroy OSU and WSU and be a non-factor vs. USC.

If he helps us get Vihami, Buelow and Tuitele, fuck it. But generally that doesn’t work.

I respect your evaluation skills and acknowledge that they are more technical and advanced than mine. I just saw a short looking but also very quick and explosive looking linebacker knocking the shit out of hapless HS competition and maybe that haplessness is where I've been fooled. He looks like a guy who could meet a big SEC back in the hole and not go backwards. A guy who will make a ball carrier think twice about dragging a BBK or Beavers an extra yard or three if he sees him coming in with his shoulder down.

The linebackers in the SEC and at tOSU aren't all 6'3" and 240lbs and run 4.5. If they did then all of the lbs drafted by the NFL would come from there. They also have guys who are undersized or a bit slow in the 40 but who play quick and mean and have the strength to hold up against elite physical specimens. I think this guy fits that mold. I'm actually pretty excited about him.
    I know they aren’t all like that, dipshit. Tafisi isn’t like that and I really like Tafisi. But if you check wingspan (not arm length) of guys from Bama etc, it tends to be bigger, or the guys are super fast or super big, etc.

Usually they have some outstanding physical characteristics that make you go “damn, ok.” This kid isn’t like that and he runs forward all the time (doesn’t shuffle) so that makes him appear faster, but that’s what gets you taken out of plays.

This is just bullshit trying to make the shoe fit.

You think Bama and LSU don’t know about this kid? They are both recruiting the West heavy, but they didn’t offer him. Because he’s skinny.

I’m not saying he sucks. But he’s a DDY2 not a 3 and let’s not act any different.