Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH in real life

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
So I'm working a car deal to get my wife a new Highlander. Cause I'm poor I am like going over the details as they just gave me an offer over email. I told them I want to be at least $3k under MSRP, not including all the bullshit fees like delivery. They came back with a dealer incentive of $2k but added a bunch of shit so it was actually higher than the MSRP.

Now the dude I'm working with is a former meth head, has the fucked up "battery acid ate my teeth look". I responded back to him with:

Are you out of your cotton picking mind?

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I called someone a pathetic cunt
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2018
    I usually just give the guy the sale price and trade in price I want, and tell him it's my only and final offer. I then sit there straight faced and just shake my head "no" for about a half hour until the salesman brings in the dealership's tough guy negotiator. I do the same thing to him, and after another half hour, they give in.

If you do your research and you give a fair price you don't need to negotiate. If you're willing to sit there for an hour while they mumble bullshit numbers it's fine, because eventually they'll meet your sale and trade in price. Just keep repeating your same offer. It's always fun watching them negotiate their own numbers. Don't ever flinch, because once you budge, they've got you.

Just once I want to go and fuck with them. Give them a fair offer knowing they'd low ball me, and just increase my demand after each low ball offer. Say shit like "It's now $14k, in five minutes my trade in goes up to $14,500.

And yes go ahead and flag me for doing trade ins. I don't give a fuck. I'll let the dealer keep a $1,000 profit and have them detail, wash, and list the car. I don't want to deal with the bullshit of selling the car myself.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

I usually just give the guy the sale price and trade in price I want, and tell him it's my only and final offer. I then sit there straight faced and just shake my head "no" for about a half hour until the salesman brings in the dealership's tough guy negotiator. I do the same thing to him, and after another half hour, they give in.

If you do your research and you give a fair price you don't need to negotiate. If you're willing to sit there for an hour while they mumble bullshit numbers it's fine, because eventually they'll meet your sale and trade in price. Just keep repeating your same offer. It's always fun watching them negotiate their own numbers. Don't ever flinch, because once you budge, they've got you.

Just once I want to go and fuck with them. Give them a fair offer knowing they'd low ball me, and just increase my demand after each low ball offer. Say shit like "It's now $14k, in five minutes my trade in goes up to $14,500.

And yes go ahead and flag me for doing trade ins. I don't give a fuck. I'll let the dealer keep a $1,000 profit and have them detail, wash, and list the car. I don't want to deal with the bullshit of selling the car myself.

Yes except this time I've actually just been emailing. I don't have to sit there and wait while they deliberate. That's annoying shit. And they think it's annoying shit when I send them links to other dealers for an actual $3k under MSRP.

In Washington it's about a wash to trade it in because you save the sales tax of your trade in. Which can easily be the couple grand difference in price you get selling on your own.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2018
    2001400ex said:

Yes except this time I've actually just been emailing. I don't have to sit there and wait while they deliberate. That's annoying shit. And they think it's annoying shit when I send them links to other dealers for an actual $3k under MSRP.

In Washington it's about a wash to trade it in because you save the sales tax of your trade in. Which can easily be the couple grand difference in price you get selling on your own.
    Good point on the trade in.

If you aren't desperate, I'd just tell them you want the $3k under MSRP price or nothing. Then don't respond to their emails. In about three days they'll finally give you what you want.

I also like waiting until the end of the month. These fuckers are so desperate to hit their monthly quota, they're willing to do anything to make the deal happen.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

So I'm working a deal to get myself a bigger peen. Cause I'm poor I am like going over the details as my wife just gave me an ultimatum over email. I told them the O/U is 5 inches, including all the bullshit. They came back with a dealer incentive of 2 inches of thunder but added a bunch of shit so it was actually longer than that.

Now the dude I'm working with is a former meth head, has the fucked up "battery acid ate my teeth look". I responded back to him with:

I walked through a muslim temple in India, where it was 100% of people muslim and everyone praying to Allah....

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

Good point on the trade in.

If you aren't desperate, I'd just tell them you want the $3k under MSRP price or nothing. Then don't respond to their emails. In about three days they'll finally give you what you want.

I also like waiting until the end of the month. These fuckers are so desperate to hit their monthly quota, they're willing to do anything to make the deal happen.
    Yes exactly. And June 30 is a good time too.

They fucking want to add $299 for my third brake light to flash a few times. And want $399 for $2,500 of theft insurance protection. I bet a bunch of people just pay for that shit and don't even care.

He's like, we are close, just come on in. No.... Dumbass. I'll come in when you give me the deal I want.

Not to mention they have no clue how taxes in Washington work. You do this for a living dumbfuck.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I use a buyer. They have information that I don't. Last broker/buyer I used got me a great deal on the wife's Lexus.