Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Winners win is the laziest comment perpetuated on this bored. Win and you are a winner. Gee, no kidding.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

"Going to Boston would kill two birds with one stone. LeBron would be in a position to break Bill Russell’s record of 10 consecutive NBA Finals appearances (he is currently at eight between Miami and Cleveland), while simultaneously removing the biggest obstacle in his path. It would be the exact opposite move that Kevin Durant made. Instead of joining a team that eliminated him and had already won a title, LeBron would be partnering with a group of young up-and-comers whom he had beaten almost single-handedly. Nike could sell it as LeBron imparting his wisdom to the next generation of players.

There would be pushback from fans and the media, but LeBron knows how quickly that can change. He was the most hated athlete in America after The Decision, and no one holds that against him anymore. Even his hometown fans in Cleveland wouldn’t be that mad this time around, since he’s leaving after “winning one for the Land.” American society is a prisoner of the moment. It won’t matter how LeBron’s move to Boston is initially perceived if he ends up beating Golden State, easily the most talented team of all time. It would be great for the NBA as well, since LeBron going up against the Warriors on equal terms would likely create the highest-rated Finals in the past 20 years."

LBJ would be in the discussion of top 2-3 player ever quite easily going to Boston
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LeBron is in the top-2 discussion now. If you use the championships metric as the most important measure of GOAT you are FS. Bob Horry says hi.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Winners win is the laziest comment perpetuated on this bored. Win and you are a winner. Gee, no kidding.

You new here?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dig deeper
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources are saying that Dame and CJ flew into Cleveland tonight for a private meeting with Lebron after the game.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    haie said:

Sources are saying that Dame and CJ flew into Cleveland tonight for a private meeting with Lebron after the game.

Love for those two?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

And yet it needs repeating.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LeBron is in the top-2 discussion now. If you use the championships metric as the most important measure of GOAT you are FS. Bob Horry says hi.

For getting swept like old dirt in the finals?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

For getting swept like old dirt in the finals?
    But...but...he broke his hand....

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    ahh there it is, now just throw teq of 'defending sark into year 5 ' fame and salem 'derplord' coog in here and then we can put on a festival

what other lowest common denominator context-deprived team stats can we throw out there, boys

at least winners win, right?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Did the Warriors really just have Steph jack up shots to win the MVP? 12-27 in a 25 point blow out? Lol. Is there anything this team does that isn’t fraudulent?

Winners win.

Losers pick them apart. Let’s review. A couple weeks ago, Curry was their best player and it wasn’t even close. And Durant never passes the ball and was the reason the Thunder couldn’t get over the Hump.

Is anything you say ever right?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

ahh there it is, now just throw teq of 'defending sark into year 5 ' fame and salem 'derplord' coog in here and then we can put on a festival

what other lowest common denominator context-deprived team stats can we throw out there, boys

You sound like a Coug after AC.

Gladstone said:

I was not defending Sark in Year 5 ... but go ahead and enjoy that parade on Tuesday
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

I was not defending Sark in Year 5 ... but go ahead and enjoy that parade on Tuesday
    You did.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    yes lebron is primarily responsible for the make up of the team

but you cant scratch two sticks together and make gold. kyrie irving left and in return they got an average point guard, a bench player, and a complete nothing. its widely reported lebron wanted the cavs to trade their pick for deandre

and this is all besides the point. lebron literally had one of the best seasons in history, in any context, and given what i listed many still believe he needed an excuse for getting swept in the finals lmfao

it is literally 4 hall of famers against lebron, the magically disappearing and randomly appearing kevin love, and the nba's version of a YMCA team. why the fuck would lebron need an excuse? it's clear to virtually everyone he's the best player on the planet for simply making the finals

some of ya'll should just admit you hate him because you're MJ fans and feel threatened
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

You did.
    Actually I didn’t ... I was one of the most vocal regarding firing him.

Too many confuse what I said Sark needed to do to keep his job after Year 5 as a sign of defending him ... not even close to the same thing
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

You did.

Too many confuse what I said Sark needed to do to keep his job after Year 5 as a sign of defending him ... not even close to the same thing
    I remember you back to dawgman defending Sark. I'm sure you had some criticisms of him in your tl,dr posts, but you didn't call for him to very fired until the middle of year 5.

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

You did.

I remember you back to dawgman defending Sark. I'm sure you had some criticisms of him in your tl,dr posts, but you didn't call for him to very fired until the middle of year 5.
    I was very critical of him after Year 3 and then he fired his defensive staff to buy himself more time

After Pete kicked his ass in Vegas it was fairly clear that he wasn’t the right coach to take UW to the next level ... that being said really hard for an AD to fire him at that point

Again, I think where you (and others) confuse what I say is that I don’t just randomly half ass call for people to be fired. I tend to treat those discussions as part of a resume and body of work.

What we will never know is whether Sark would have got fired after Year 5 (he should have) ... so praise be to Pat Haden