Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Lebron is 3 and 5 in finals. He's not a one man team and never has been.

Boston has been a contender all year including pre season. It's God's 5th year there with Ainge stacking the roster with top picks.

When Cleveland rebuilt on the fly at the All Star break they were written off. They were written off against Indianapolis

They played 4 great games against the Raptors

This whole the only reason Boston wins is because of Stevens and they lose because they're young is bullshit

IMO

You always talk about stars. Who is Boston’s true, bonafied All Star? They don’t have one. Yet here they are in the ECF after losing their top two players.

You’re becoming Svenlike with your arguments.
    Lol they do but they're hurt. Which is even more of a indictment on Steven's ability to coach. He's amazing.
    indictment is always used in a pejorative context, which is the opposite of what you were trying to say. derp.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lmao bron

thanos mode activated

quite the 1st quarter
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What a shitty quarter for all the Lebron hating doogs man
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,464
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm enjoying the caps blowing a 2-0 series lead.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Offense is about creating opportunities for yourself and your teammates.

Shooting spaces the floor and in theory makes it easier for penetration.

Guys that can shoot but can’t create are dependent on others for offense.

If the creators in that system can’t create or more importantly if defenses don’t help to the point of creating opportunities for dependent shooters, then the offense really bogs down.

You don’t need to have all stars. Shooting is obviously valuable. But there are other offensive skills as well.

You type soooo much without ever saying anything at all. In the rare time you have a point, it's something extremely obvious that could have been said in 1/6 the text. Please consider posting less about basketball. Thanks -- the lurkers.
    FUCK OFF
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Offense is about creating opportunities for yourself and your teammates.

Shooting spaces the floor and in theory makes it easier for penetration.

Guys that can shoot but can’t create are dependent on others for offense.

If the creators in that system can’t create or more importantly if defenses don’t help to the point of creating opportunities for dependent shooters, then the offense really bogs down.

You don’t need to have all stars. Shooting is obviously valuable. But there are other offensive skills as well.

You are describing Rajon Rando and Evan Turner. Bother of whom killed their teams in the series they lost. Can you give me an example of a player that you’re talking about that doesn’t kill his team?
    Rondo didn’t kill his team - they got beat by a better team.

Marcus Smart fits my description
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

lmao bron

thanos mode activated

quite the 1st quarter

And still down 7 after 3
  • Options
    Founders Club
    my post was about the 1st quarter

and look at their body language. flush it all down the toilet
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Houston sucks. Mike D’Antoni is a regular season coach.

What this playoff is really driving home to me is that this direction of "3 and D" players is too easy to exploit as there are few that are able to be multi-dimensional offensively and strong enough defensively. With Cleveland, it's too easy to exploit guys like Korver defensively. With Houston, the defenders like Tucker and Mbah a Moute are not good enough offensively to not allow a good team to be able to fall off of him effectively.
    Korver is not a 3 and D player
    He’s a 3 and no D player ... missing my point if that is what you are focusing in on
    You're missing the point if you're using Korver as any kind of data point about the 3 and D movement. He's not part of it.
    It’s more about specialization in my mind and having limited focal points offensively.

Bruce Bowen to me was an original example. Great D and made himself into a passable offensive player.

A guy like Korver swings the other way as a great shooter that in an ideal world you hide in defense.

The unicorn is the great shooter that is also a tremendous defender.

In all examples, these players are limited offensively in what they do well versus what a good defense forces them into.
    So you don't understand 3 and D. Got it.
    So you are saying that your typical 3 and D player contributes more offensively than standing in the wing/corner and shooting open 3’s?

Get the fuck out of here
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Thanos can only do so much with 1 infinity stone
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

my post was about the 1st quarter

and look at their body language. flush it all down the toilet

Boston is just a far deeper team ... terrible matchup
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

What this playoff is really driving home to me is that this direction of "3 and D" players is too easy to exploit as there are few that are able to be multi-dimensional offensively and strong enough defensively. With Cleveland, it's too easy to exploit guys like Korver defensively. With Houston, the defenders like Tucker and Mbah a Moute are not good enough offensively to not allow a good team to be able to fall off of him effectively.
    He’s a 3 and no D player ... missing my point if that is what you are focusing in on
    You're missing the point if you're using Korver as any kind of data point about the 3 and D movement. He's not part of it.
    It’s more about specialization in my mind and having limited focal points offensively.

Bruce Bowen to me was an original example. Great D and made himself into a passable offensive player.

A guy like Korver swings the other way as a great shooter that in an ideal world you hide in defense.

In all examples, these players are limited offensively in what they do well versus what a good defense forces them into.
    So you are saying that your typical 3 and D player contributes more offensively than standing in the wing/corner and shooting open 3’s?

Get the fuck out of here
    does it hurt to be this stupid
  • Options
    BaldwinIV said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Get the fuck out of here
    does it hurt to be this stupid
    Fuck off

Give me examples of people you consider examples of 3 and D players
  • Options
    Founders Club
    imagine if durant wasn't a beta coward and went to boston

how fun would gsw boston be
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

The series isn’t over. Not looking good but Cavs could easily win both at home.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    err right. i said if durant went to boston they almost certainly make the finals against gsw. would have been a super entertaining series.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

The series isn’t over. Not looking good but Cavs could easily win both at home.
    You’re dreaming
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Still going to be a lot of fun ... the next few years of Boston vs GS will be a ton of fun to watch
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Still going to be a lot of fun ... the next few years of Boston vs GS will be a ton of fun to watch
    Uh no
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Lebron is 3 and 5 in finals. He's not a one man team and never has been.

Boston has been a contender all year including pre season. It's God's 5th year there with Ainge stacking the roster with top picks.

When Cleveland rebuilt on the fly at the All Star break they were written off. They were written off against Indianapolis

They played 4 great games against the Raptors

This whole the only reason Boston wins is because of Stevens and they lose because they're young is bullshit

IMO

You always talk about stars. Who is Boston’s true, bonafied All Star? They don’t have one. Yet here they are in the ECF after losing their top two players.

You’re becoming Svenlike with your arguments.
    Lol they do but they're hurt. Which is even more of a indictment on Steven's ability to coach. He's amazing.
    Indictment?
    Im stupid.