Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's too damn hot outside drinks

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Vodka and grapefruit aka Greyhound. I hate sweet drinks so that is way more refreshing to me than a screwdriver.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gose or sour beer are my go-to hot weather beverages.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Vodka and grapefruit aka Greyhound. I hate sweet drinks so that is way more refreshing to me than a screwdriver.

Salty dog or nah?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

So I took some of this bored's advice and made some rum drinks while it was 80+ at our friends' house(they've got a new pool).

Daq with ABC.

Pina Colada for the misus.

I couldn't find Flor de Cana without making a special trip but this was pretty damn good and $20/bottle.

I'll be trying out @Dennis_DeYoung 's jalapeno margarita recipe this weekend for Cinco while playing D&D with the misus and some friends.

Fuck yeah. I popped my cherry this weekend actually on making a pina colada from scratch this weekend. Went basic with just light bicardi, pineapple juice, cream of coconut and dash of bitters. Delicious but who knew cream of coconut had some many calories. That stuff will turn a wife into a fatty in a hurry.

Swaye's Wigwam
    YouKnowIt said:

So I took some of this bored's advice and made some rum drinks while it was 80+ at our friends' house(they've got a new pool).

Daq with ABC.

I couldn't find Flor de Cana without making a special trip but this was pretty damn good and $20/bottle.

I'll be trying out @Dennis_DeYoung 's jalapeno margarita recipe this weekend for Cinco while playing D&D with the misus and some friends.

Fuck yeah. I popped my cherry this weekend actually on making a pina colada from scratch this weekend. Went basic with just light bicardi, pineapple juice, cream of coconut and dash of bitters. Delicious but who knew cream of coconut had some many calories. That stuff will turn a wife into a fatty in a hurry.

let me or @IrishDawg22 know when she gets nice and plump ...

@salemcoog approves of this poast.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    8 oz. Makers Mark
    16oz. orange juice
    4 oz. lemon juice
    1/3 cup sugar
    ice
    pitcher
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

8 oz. Makers Mark
    16oz. orange juice
    4 oz. lemon juice
    1/3 cup sugar
    ice
    pitcher

What's that called? An Aptos Sour?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    YouKnowIt said:

Daq with ABC.

I think when I earned the heavyweight title in college she was something like that.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

8 oz. Makers Mark
    16oz. orange juice
    4 oz. lemon juice
    1/3 cup sugar
    ice
    pitcher

What's that called? An Aptos Sour?
    Whiskey sour. Wife got it from her friend Martha Stewart. Works like a charm on the ladies.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,375
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Water. Alcohol is a diuretic.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

YouKnowIt said:

Daq with ABC.

Depends on the clock.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

YouKnowIt said:

Daq with ABC.

Depends on the clock.
    The Bell Tolls for thee.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Daiquiris are the best drink. Full stop. But, you know... on a hot day, amazeballs.

2oz Flor de Caña white (the rum is really important; should be FDC 4)
    1oz lime juice (if it's older than 4 hours, you are a fucking idiot)
    10mL superfine sugar

Shake, strain.

Bam.

Holy shit daiquiris are the shit. I've never made one until tonight; it's hot out in Seattle today. I used the shitty bicardi Blanca and it was still auce. I may not drink a martini ever again.

ABC!!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So @Dennis_DeYoung , would you say then that the Flor de Cana 4 years is the best choice for an affordable white rum? Looks like it's only about $20.00 which is well inline with my budget.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I drink beer and Clamato a lot when it's hot. I keep icy mugs in the freezer for that.

Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

I drink beer and Clamato a lot when it's hot. I keep icy mugs in the freezer for that.

This! You just add some line juice and hot sauce and Worcestershire to taste and you got a michelada de Amarillo nieve
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    I've never liked the michelada

When it's hot I just pound the fuck out of light beer. Or vodka and Crystal light.

When it's hot out I'm either in a bar or at the pool. Anything more than those two is overkill.