Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Colt Ellison, 2019 4* DE, Aledo HS, TX (Offered 4/11/2018)

Comments

• Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

NEsnake12 said:

I fucking love this kid! His film really pops out at you with impressive plays all the way through. He's white and a try-hard but super talented as well. Explosive first step, can bend the edge, great pursuit speed, desired size and length, and of coarse very heady and instinctual. I don't care that he's from Texas and TCU is right down the street. If we want to be elite somebody needs to close this fucking kid! He could play for us right now. Please just this one time can we land a stud Buck prospect.

No chance.

In other news, Kayvon eliminated us, but not Oregon.
    Kayvon eliminated us months ago when he told Biggins that weather is a factor “because I’m a pass rusher and if it’s raining then they throw the ball less.”

He’s going to FSU or USC
    Makes sense I guess. He knows what he wants.
    To be underdeveloped and somehow go in the late 2nd round despite all the talent in the world? That’s a weird thing to want.

We’re talking six home games a year. So maybe a couple of rainy weather games. And that’s a factor?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    El Paso is shittier than New Mexico, specifically Albuquerque and north. Way shittier. Like the kind of place a rhinoshitting.mov would feel comfortable.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

I fucking love this kid! His film really pops out at you with impressive plays all the way through. He's white and a try-hard but super talented as well. Explosive first step, can bend the edge, great pursuit speed, desired size and length, and of coarse very heady and instinctual. I don't care that he's from Texas and TCU is right down the street. If we want to be elite somebody needs to close this fucking kid! He could play for us right now. Please just this one time can we land a stud Buck prospect.

No chance.

Kayvon eliminated us months ago when he told Biggins that weather is a factor “because I’m a pass rusher and if it’s raining then they throw the ball less.”

He’s going to FSU or USC
    When he said that I actually started putting together statistics showing numbers of pass/rush attempts agains USC at home vs UW at home, which ultimately was a negligible difference. Pair that with our DB->NFL factory and it’s a pass rush heaven. I was going to tweet it to him, but then I remembered I don’t tweet the croots.

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

No chance.

He’s going to FSU or USC
    That's the gayest shit I ever heard and I just told my dads to keep it down.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,068
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    New article on Kayvon. Just announced top 5 and he breaks down each school. He has SC in his top 5 but states SC hasn't even talked to him in months. Fucking SC.

https://247sports.com/college/football/recruiting/Article/Nations-top-prospect-Kayvon-Thibodeaux-has-cut-his-list-to-5-119467209
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    "Kayvon Thibodeaux". Does that sound like the name of a UW Football player? No.
    "Jim Hurr-Dirven". Does THAT sound like the name of a (white) UW Football player? Yes.

Ok, good talk. NEXT.
  • Options
    justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150

New article on Kayvon. Just announced top 5 and he breaks down each school. He has SC in his top 5 but states SC hasn't even talked to him in months. Fucking SC.

https://247sports.com/college/football/recruiting/Article/Nations-top-prospect-Kayvon-Thibodeaux-has-cut-his-list-to-5-119467209

God I fucking hate SC. Don't think he ends up at Oregon. Probably FSU.
  • Options
    justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150

Here’s a kid who painted this whole picture about how he is different, and wants to cut through the bs sales pitches or recruiting, and be special blah blah blah, and what did he go and do? Fall for some of the biggest salesmen in CFB, and Bama.
    I don't have a subscription to 247, but did he really say in the article how he wanted to cut through the BS sales pitches in recruiting? Alabama I can allow because they actually win things, but USC, LSU, Oregon, Florida State are the slimiest recruiters out there that just tell you what you want to hear.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664

Here’s a kid who painted this whole picture about how he is different, and wants to cut through the bs sales pitches or recruiting, and be special blah blah blah, and what did he go and do? Fall for some of the biggest salesmen in CFB, and Bama.
    I don't have a subscription to 247, but did he really say in the article how he wanted to cut through the BS sales pitches in recruiting? Alabama I can allow because they actually win things, but USC, LSU, Oregon, Florida State are the slimiest recruiters out there that just tell you what you want to hear.
    He tweets too much to find everything, but from TBSing and listening to interviews over time he has made comments about how all these schools make the same recruiting pitch, and he wanted to pick a school where he would be successful on the field as well as set up for life after football. He mentioned how one school was copy/pasting texts and just changing the kids name, how he cares about relationships with the coaches. Yet here he is in bed with taggart, USC he said hasn’t contacted him in months according to @huskyhooligan . He always tries to sound deep, made some tweet sound like he might stop playing football, made announcements when he was “decommitting” from all star games. So yeah, he acts like he wants one thing, but he’s just a teenager that thinks he’s deep and prophetic but really has no idea what the fuck he is doing.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    ASU just pulled two kids from Texas that were top TCU targets. One's a WR and the other is a TE. And that's with fucking Herm Edwards as their coach! So yeah. I don't want to hear any bullshit about there being no chance UW pulls this kid. UW should win this battle. Losing to Texas and A&M for Texas kids is to be expected. But not TC fucking U. Close him!

Side Note: TCU mod says he expects his decision to be made within the next three days.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Kids don't want to hear logic and shit. Most want to be sold in an exciting way as possible.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

We knew it was coming, but it still hurts.

Fuck look at the mom.......major WOOOOOD
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WeDidn'tWantAWhiteBuckAnyway
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    Looking like it is going to be Trice
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

We knew it was coming, but it still hurts.

I don't want to hear any bullshit about there being no chance UW pulls this kid. UW should win this battle!