Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The truth about Pete: He wants to be a team with inferior athletes that outsmarts everyone

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

So you all, not just Chuckwagon Dan know, every one of Pete's classes were far and away better than any one of Snark's.

Pete said day 1 it would take 18 months to repair Sarks fucking pathetic roster. He was pretty damn accurate. Most You all jumped off wagon after Pete's 1st year , the rest besides Pup, Bates and Steel2, did after year 2.

Denny jumped off, back on after pac champ then back off after loss to bama, back on before PSU game then off after the game...see where I'm going? How bout a quick analogy. Like the DOW, best not to sell with every trump negative headline (Pete loss)...stick with Trumps (pete's) process and you'll be heavily rewarded...even after a 2000pt dip (7pt loss to PSU)

You fickle fucktards here...bunch of pansy ass bears'

And Pumpy predicts a Sark like 9-4 record this year (including, presumably, a bowl victory against a shit mid-major or Big 10 underachiever)
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,778
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I get what Dennis is saying. He's right in the sense that we aren't there yet and we don't have the depth or athletes that are considered elite. Part of it is Browning but part of it is the try hard decent but not fast or elite guys starting or in heavy rotation.

Caveats are he's done a good job getting us to this point. I'm happy with the job he has done. I just hope he realizes the try hard three stars are, for the most part, not going to win a playoff.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tequilla said:

Pete is wonderful but Dennis makes some points. The K-State comparison doesn’t work. But for the foreseeable future I see us now as UCLA under Terry Donahue.

Go back to giving a shit about Tennessee under Butch Davis ... that’s more your speed
    On the rag again I see

And it was Butch Jones. HTH
    Lol! Thx. I was wondering what in the fuck was talking about.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I get what Dennis is saying. He's right in the sense that we aren't there yet and we don't have the depth or athletes that are considered elite. Part of it is Browning but part of it is the try hard decent but not fast or elite guys starting or in heavy rotation.

Caveats are he's done a good job getting us to this point. I'm happy with the job he has done. I just hope he realizes the try hard three stars are, for the most part, not going to win a playoff.

Uh, think Pete coulda stayed in Boise if all he wanted was a team full of BBKs?

Try this: Name one recruiting-related decision Pete has made in the last 24 months that supports DdY’s claim.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    TTJ said:

Try this: Name one recruiting-related decision Pete has made in the last 24 months that supports DdY’s claim.
    Or, of the 5 white guys we took last year (Sirmon, Sirmon, Osborne, Yankoff, and Bynum), which ones meet the criteria of being an "under-achieving, try-hard" that Pete is supposedly trying to fill the team with?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TTJ said:

Or, of the 5 white guys we took last year (Sirmon, Sirmon, Osborne, Yankoff, and Bynum), which ones meet the criteria of being an "under-achieving, try-hard" that Pete is supposedly trying to fill the team with?
    I think you mean "over-achieving", but the poont stands.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018
    Baseman said:

So you all, not just Chuckwagon Dan know, every one of Pete's classes were far and away better than any one of Snark's.

Pete said day 1 it would take 18 months to repair Sarks fucking pathetic roster. He was pretty damn accurate. Most You all jumped off wagon after Pete's 1st year , the rest besides Pup, Bates and Steel2, did after year 2.

Denny jumped off, back on after pac champ then back off after loss to bama, back on before PSU game then off after the game...see where I'm going? How bout a quick analogy. Like the DOW, best not to sell with every trump negative headline (Pete loss)...stick with Trumps (pete's) process and you'll be heavily rewarded...even after a 2000pt dip (7pt loss to PSU)

And Pumpy predicts a Sark like 9-4 record this year (including, presumably, a bowl victory against a shit mid-major or Big 10 underachiever)
    Puppy hasnt made a prediction yet. Very clear my 8-5 prediction from 2 years ago has changed due to a certain few guys coming back for their senior seasons. Pay attention to the boards
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,487
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

Puppy hasnt made a prediction yet. Very clear my 8-5 prediction from 2 hours ago has changed due to a certain few guys coming back for their senior seasons. Pay attention to the boards
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Baseman said:

Puppy hasnt made a prediction yet. Very clear my 8-5 prediction from 2 years ago has changed due to a certain few guys coming back for their senior seasons. Pay attention to the boards
    You predicted Gaines to leave early, following the 2015 season?

Baseman said:

WTF are u talking about?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Baseman said:

WTF are u talking about?
    What guys coming back changed your prediction?

Baseman said:

WTF are u talking about?
    What guys coming back changed your prediction?
    Uh ummm maybe had to do with 2015? Nobody knew Gaines was even going to stay on scholarship in 2015. He was a gem mined by the great one...just another in a long line
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

I'm sure the predictions will change during and after the season is over as well