Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Taft does his best work just after midnight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io6Nsm8M-bg
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Not only do we have the deepest secondary, we also have BBK and Tevis, people forget that
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I dunno, @ApostleofGrief told me our secondary is young
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

CounterStrike 1.0-1.3 flashback.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,853
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Our secondary has Myles Bryant in a key role.

We suck.

And that's another completion to the white tall guy from Stanford
    And even then they didn't loose the game for us. Sometimes in the Pac, even if you have a good to great defense, you need to be able to muster 31 pts or more. It shouldn't be that fucking hard with a sound run game and competent QB play (when dealing with a little adversity).
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We suck.

And even then they didn't loose the game for us. Sometimes in the Pac, even if you have a good to great defense, you need to be able to muster 31 pts or more. It shouldn't be that fucking hard with a sound run game and competent QB play (when dealing with a little adversity).
    jakebrowningrunningbackwards.gif
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2018
    dnc said:

I dunno, @ApostleofGrief told me our secondary is young

This is fake news! The secondary is in fact YOUNG this year, as it has been for the last 20 years. The editorial does not factor in, for one thing, upcoming potential injuries and players transferring, and other forms of attrition. Wait for the regular season.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

We suck.

That was the 300+ passing, 200+ rushing game. . . Amiright?!

And against Try - thing of fucking beauty!
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CaptainPJ said:

We suck.

That was the 300+ passing, 200+ rushing game. . . Amiright?!

And against Try - thing of fucking beauty!
    With a hurt gluteus Maximus from Dennis too!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I can't believe that record hasn't been broken.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want to change my vote on most overrated position group now.

Rapp seems to be what everyone thinks he is. He's good.

JoJo is what we here think...a good head hunter but a weak spot in coverage and in one one one, open field situations.

We haven't seen enough of the reserve safeties to do anything more than project based on how they looked as recruits.

Murphy and Miller both look good, but haven't proven that much yet. How could they in a single season cut short by injuries?

Bryant is a smurf and a liability in man coverage and/or anytime he's near a receiver over 6'.

Joyner is a liability in coverage not unlike Bryant. He's just bigger and hits hard so everyone fell in love. He should be playing the same position as Rapp, not outside cornerback.

Taylor is the kind of corner we need out there, but hasn't proven a single thing in live game action.

I see an ok secondary. Way better and deeper than some we've had to endure, and possibly real good if the two starting corners are healthy and Taylor works out. One or two key injuries and it's average or even below. Love the new guys coming in though. Just wait till 2020.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

JoJo is what we here think...a good head hunter but a weak spot in coverage and in one one one, open field situations.

We haven't seen enough of the reserve safeties to do anything more than project based on how they looked as recruits.

Murphy and Miller both look good, but haven't proven that much yet. How could they in a single season cut short by injuries?

Bryant is a smurf and a liability in man coverage and/or anytime he's near a receiver over 6'.

Joyner is a liability in coverage not unlike Bryant. He's just bigger and hits hard so everyone fell in love. He should be playing the same position as Rapp, not outside cornerback.

Taylor is the kind of corner we need out there, but hasn't proven a single thing in live game action.

I see an ok secondary. Way better and deeper than some we've had to endure, and possibly real good if the two starting corners are healthy and Taylor works out. One or two key injuries and it's average or even below. Love the new guys coming in though. Just wait till 2020.

Miller was the best corner in the PAC when he went down last year. That retarded play in the ASU game ended our? season, even though it wasn't in the way we thought at the time.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Miller was the best corner in the PAC when he went down last year. That retarded play in the ASU game ended our? season, even though it wasn't in the way we thought at the time.
    Man I hope he's that good. Seems a little premature to me but I only watch on TV and only see the corners well when they make a big play or a bad play.