Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Favorite AR-15?

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Too many makers to list them all, but anyone have a favorite in their arsenal?

I am quite fond of my H&K MR556A1. Love everything about it, even though to some it is "heavy." Those people are gay. Topped with an ACOG TA11 Green Horseshoe.

Have owned, sold and traded several over the years - Colts, S&W M&P's, Windham Weaponry, SIG 556. Have shot the Barrett REC7 and a few Daniel Defense models. Loved the Barrett fit and finish. Hear good things about POF and LWRC, among others

Anybody else have some favorites?

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

My dad would refer to her as "a healthy gal"

She could kick Hondos ass in the morning, shoot with me all afternoon, and then feed me Taco Bell at night. I like "healthy."
    She can kick my ass any morning.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AR's r fur Fags!

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I have just one, cuz poor. It was made locally by a guy who eventually was arrested for being part of a militia group. True story.

link?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

I have just one, cuz poor. It was made locally by a guy who eventually was arrested for being part of a militia group. True story.

link?
    Taft?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Trafficking in illegal weapons. Sweet.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,682
    I usually just build mt own anymore. Colt's run. LWRC are nice as are POF. HK, SIG and FN are all very good. So many choices these days.

I watched a guy on Youtube shoot a brand new S&W Sport cheapy until the handguards caught on fire and burned away. It seems even the cheap ones are running well.

Nice to see that young lady isn't in any danger of drowning.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I've never shot one.

They look pretty cool, though. I've thought about buying one but always wind up spending the money on booze, drugs and fishing gear instead.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

I've never shot one.

They look pretty cool, though. I've thought about buying one but always wind up spending the money on booze, drugs and fishing gear instead.

I have four in the safe right now, but have owned damn near a dozen over the years. I shoot 'em, clean 'em, trade 'em, and on very rare occasions just keep them. Never selling my HK though. I also have a rare Robinson Arms M96 that is long out of production, but I keep it because it is rare, and the only gun ever built that closely replicates the Stoner 63 of SEAL Vietnam fame. I have a nice bull barrel Windham with a big ass scope on it, and I still have a S&W M&P 15PS, which I am keeping just because they stopped production on them a few years ago.

Most of the safe is full of nice pistols (mostly HK and Kimber), and hunting rifles (Browning) and duck guns (Beretta). But the AR's are the most fun to shoot by a mile.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,682
    dflea said:

I've never shot one.

Get one before you can't. They sell them at the gettin' place.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

I've never shot one.

AKA my trailer.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

dflea said:

I've never shot one.

I have four in the safe right now, but have owned damn near a dozen over the years. I shoot 'em, clean 'em, trade 'em, and on very rare occasions just keep them. Never selling my HK though. I also have a rare Robinson Arms M96 that is long out of production, but I keep it because it is rare, and the only gun ever built that closely replicates the Stoner 63 of SEAL Vietnam fame. I have a nice bull barrel Windham with a big ass scope on it, and I still have a S&W M&P 15PS, which I am keeping just because they stopped production on them a few years ago.

Most of the safe is full of nice pistols (mostly HK and Kimber), and hunting rifles (Browning sucks) and duck guns (Beretta). But the AR's are the most fun to shoot by a mile.
    Fixed.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

dflea said:

I've never shot one.

Most of the safe is full of nice pistols (mostly HK and Kimber), and hunting rifles (Browning sucks) and duck guns (Beretta). But the AR's are the most fun to shoot by a mile.
    Fixed.
    I cannot believe I missed that. Actually I can. I'm pretty stoopid.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Also two chins on the hot chick with huge cans holding an AR means this place has gayed up even more than I thought.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    I really want a .300 Blackout suppressed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

I've never shot one.

AKA my trailer.
    If you even set up a legit shop this needs to go in front...

• Options
    Founders Club

Buy one. Immediately.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is this a chindictment of the .223 / 5.56 x 45MM round?