Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cold hard facts on Browning

AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Over the past two seasons the UW has played 8 games with defenses in the Top 40, per FEI. The UW is 5-3 in those games.

Browning's stat line in those five games: 128/219 for 1,545 yds and 12TDs, vs. 5 INTs. That is a 58% completion percentage at 7 yds per attempt, for an NCAA passer rating of 131.22. Those numbers are not exactly good.

Against all other teams over the past two seasons his stat line is as follows: 345/508 for 4,604 yds and 50 TDs, vs. 9 INTs. That is 68% at 9.1 Yds/A for a passer rating of 172.98.

You expect to see players put up lesser stats against better defenses, but to me, the disparity there is telling, to me.

It is also worth noting that 4 of the 5 wins against Top 40 defenses came in situations where Browning threw less than 25 times. The run game was shouldering the load in those wins and Browning's numbers were pretty much god awful. In games against top 40 defenses where he threw the ball 25 times or more, the Huskies went 1-3.

Looking at the common theme in all of the losses over the last two seasons, it is ineffectiveness rushing the ball.

The bottom line is that when the run game is working, Browning is good enough to embarrass bad teams and avoids mistakes enough to still beat the better teams. But when the running game isn't working, Browning isn't going to win the game for the Dawgs. That is the definition of a game manager.

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Eight is generous.
  • Options
    TTJ said:

Eight is generous.

Uh, I actually counted them.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    My bad. I reread. Also, I am a fucktard.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    AIRWOLF said:

Over the past two seasons the UW has played 8 games with defenses in the Top 40, per FEI. The UW is 5-3 in those games.

Browning's stat line in those five games: 128/219 for 1,545 yds and 12TDs, vs. 5 INTs. That is a 58% completion percentage at 7 yds per attempt, for an NCAA passer rating of 131.22. Those numbers are not exactly good.

Against all other teams over the past two seasons his stat line is as follows: 345/508 for 4,604 yds and 50 TDs, vs. 9 INTs. That is 68% at 9.1 Yds/A for a passer rating of 172.98.

You expect to see players put up lesser stats against better defenses, but to me, the disparity there is telling, to me.

It is also worth noting that 4 of the 5 wins against Top 40 defenses came in situations where Browning threw less than 25 times. The run game was shouldering the load in those wins and Browning's numbers were pretty much god awful. In games against top 40 defenses where he threw the ball 25 times or more, the Huskies went 1-3.

Looking at the common theme in all of the losses over the last two seasons, it is ineffectiveness rushing the ball.

The bottom line is that when the run game is working, Browning is good enough to embarrass bad teams and avoids mistakes enough to still beat the better teams. But when the running game isn't working, Browning isn't going to win the game for the Dawgs. That is the definition of a game manager.

Pumpy says #Playoff QB “asshole” [sic]—no comma
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Care to do the same for Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen?
  • Options
    Baseman said:

AIRWOLF said:

Pumpy says #Playoff QB “asshole” [sic]—no comma
    Arguing with parody accounts is a bigger waste of time than all of the other wastes of time on the internet.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I hope he does well this year and gets draft stock.
  • Options
    AIRWOLF said:

2001400ex said:

I literally could not care less. But feel free to knock yourself out.
    I'm too stupid to try. Would be interesting for perspective since you already have it setup for Jake.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

AIRWOLF said:

2001400ex said:

I'm too lazy. Would be interesting, why don't you do the work for me?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So in the regular season over the last two years we faced a total of five defenses ranking in the top third nationally. Wow.
  • Options

So in the regular season over the last two years we faced a total of five defenses ranking in the top third nationally. Wow.

Yep.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,798
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    2001400ex said:

AIRWOLF said:

2001400ex said:

I'm too stupid to try. Would be interesting for perspective since you already have it setup for Jake.
    Fixed.

• Options
    Passion said:

2001400ex said:

AIRWOLF said:

2001400ex said:

Fixed.

Agreed. But airwolf was more accurate.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Our offense is garbage and so is Jake.