Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

4 year starter at QB

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
You guys use google but pumpy and I use our memory

I don't think UW has ever had a 4 year starter at QB and I don't think it is good that we do regardless of Browning's well documented sucking problem

Sixkiller was a three year starter because Freshmen were not eligible and the Huskies were coming off a 1 win season and sucked

Moon was a three year starter because he was a JC transfer, and the Huskies had just fired and coach and sucked.

Freshmen became eligible sometime in the mid 70's

When James got it rolling the idea of having to start a true frosh was ludicrous. The NFL bound QBs would wait their turn and usually step in as a junior. That doesn't mean we didn't have QBs that sucked because we did. It means they didn't get to suck for 4 years.

Tui saw time as a true frosh due to injury but was only a two year starter

Petersen really failed in only having options now that Jake is a senior and the options are true freshmen and one who is ineligible.

Yes, I am somewhat obsessed over going into another season with Browning and his well documented sucking problem

#NeverAgain

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's really pathetic that we haven't been able to have 1 other player challenge him for the starting job in 4 years. Hopefully, Pete, has outgrown his tendency towards wanting to have Kellen Moore Part Deaux, which is NOT Worshington Husky football. Fuck burning red shirts, if Yankoff or Sirmon are even with Jake by Fall, play one of them. It's not like post Auburn that there is a feeding them to the wolves type of game on the schedule.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I believe Marques started games in all four of his seasons. But @RaceBannon is correct that he didn’t become firmly entrenched as the starter til his junior year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Mad_Son said:

Not the first 4 year starter named Jake in the past decade.

Reinforces the point though.

Bingo.

Though IIRC Fouch actually started more games in 08 than Locker did.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,271
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Rodeo Cody took a few cleanup snaps as a true Freshman but kept his redshirt, played in the Rose Bowl as a RS Freshman, and then started for 3 years.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    whlinder said:

Rodeo Cody took a few cleanup snaps as a true Freshman but kept his redshirt, played in the Rose Bowl as a RS Freshman, and then started for 3 years.

With Pup campaigning to start Paus over him his entire senior year.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I snicker that everyone forgets in Seattle 11-2 is good enough.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018

I don't think UW has ever had a 4 year starter at QB and I don't think it is good that we do regardless of Browning's well documented sucking problem

Sixkiller was a three year starter because Freshmen were not eligible and the Huskies were coming off a 1 win season and sucked

Moon was a three year starter because he was a JC transfer, and the Huskies had just fired and coach and sucked.

When James got it rolling the idea of having to start a true frosh was ludicrous. The NFL bound QBs would wait their turn and usually step in as a junior. That doesn't mean we didn't have QBs that sucked because we did. It means they didn't get to suck for 4 years.

Petersen really failed in only having options now that Jake is a senior and the options are true freshmen and one who is ineligible.

Yes, I am somewhat obsessed over going into another season with Browning and his well documented sucking problem

#NeverAgain

#playoff, #fiesta. I recall how big you were on Miley Race. Nice work. You've got a keen eye for qb position
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    Swaye's Wigwam

#NeverAgain

#playoff, #fiesta. I recall how big you were on Miley Race. Nice work. You've got a keen eye for qb position
    Troy Williams baby. #BlackPower
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,467
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Off top Pup and Race style, I'm pretty sure Cody was a Redshirt sophomore in the Rose bowl. Led a crucial drive, he was a winner.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

#NeverAgain

No UW QB threw a prettier tight spiral than TW
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,271
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

whlinder said:

Off top Pup and Race style, I'm pretty sure Cody was a Redshirt sophomore in the Rose bowl. Led a crucial drive, he was a winner.
    I went off top Pup and Race style too... He was definitely a RS Sophmore when he got the starting job. The Googles say:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cody-pickett-1.html

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
    1999 Washington Pac-10 QB 1 0 4 0.0 0 0.0 -11.3 0 1 -50.0
    2000 Washington Pac-10 FR QB 2 1 2 50.0 12 6.0 6.0 0 0 100.4
    2001 Washington Pac-10 SO QB 10 169 301 56.1 2403 8.0 6.6 10 14 124.9
    *2002 Washington Pac-10 JR QB 13 365 612 59.6 4458 7.3 7.2 28 14 131.4
    2003 Washington Pac-10 SR QB 12 257 454 56.6 3043 6.7 6.1 15 13 118.1
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cody Pickedit was a GOOD Qb.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

#NeverAgain

It was pretty, just not accurate
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

#NeverAgain

It was pretty, just not accurate
    Yeah, but still.