Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Outside of QB, at which position group are we most overrated by Doogs and the Media?

Comments

• ZombieBallzZombieBallz Member Posts: 78
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    RB

RB. The one-two punch of Gaskin and Ahmed is being hyped up too much. It's a really good backfield and might be the best we've ever had but teams like Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and USC have better backfields than that every year.

Myles disrespect is unreal
    No disrespect. Bo Scarborough and Najee Harris. Ronald Jones and Stephen Carr. Nick Chubb and Sony Michel. Christian McCaffrey and Bryce Love (Even though McCaffrey got all the carries). It's not hard to think of more talented backfields in recent memory. Gaskin is solid and consistent but he lacks the power and home run speed I would need to see to consider him elite.
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    OL
    There is no way Adams is 100% next season; if he were I'd feel alot better about the o-line. But as it is you will likely open the season with a sophomore at LT (who is descent), an unproven greenhorn at LG, a one dimensional guard moving to center (can he snap the ball?), another unproven and/or depth lineman playing at RG, with a solid RT. That's 1.5 spots out of 5 that I am reasonably confident in to open at Auburn with.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    OL

RB. The one-two punch of Gaskin and Ahmed is being hyped up too much. It's a really good backfield and might be the best we've ever had but teams like Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and USC have better backfields than that every year.

No disrespect. Bo Scarborough and Najee Harris. Ronald Jones and Stephen Carr. Nick Chubb and Sony Michel. Christian McCaffrey and Bryce Love (Even though McCaffrey got all the carries). It's not hard to think of more talented backfields in recent memory. Gaskin is solid and consistent but he lacks the power and home run speed I would need to see to consider him elite.
    Retard, we talking about this year. Last I remember ppl on your list most of then do not play college football anymore
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ST
    Since we are bashing on Gaskin...

You all are wrong His main flaw is not having enough long runs.

But he does not consistently get long runs like other big name backs. Saquon, Barkley ronald Jones, Stanford back 1, etc. All have 40+ yard runs nearly every week. While gaskin hardly ever gets a run longer then 20 yards and only has 9 runs over 40 yards

78 vs sac state.
    72 vs oregon
    53 vs asu
    86 vs southern miss
    68 vs Oregon
    45 vs asu
    57 vs colorado
    43 vs wsu
    69 vs Penn state

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DL

How did you get let back in?
    RB

Yes, Gaskin always gets caught from behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkgcTJOgmvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08m4dEp6-tU
    They don't make highlights of all the times he's been close to breaking a long TD run and gotten tripped up.
    RB

Retard, we talking about this year. Last I remember ppl on your list most of then do not play college football anymore
    No bitch, I'm not restricted to only thinking about one year in time when I can pull from the past couple of years to make my point which I did quite effectively.
    RB
    TTJ said:

Bread said:

But he does not consistently get long runs like other big name backs. Saquon, Barkley ronald Jones, Stanford back 1, etc. All have 40+ yard runs nearly every week. While gaskin hardly ever gets a run longer then 20 yards and only has 9 runs over 40 yards

78 vs sac state.
    72 vs oregon
    53 vs asu
    86 vs southern miss
    68 vs Oregon
    45 vs asu
    57 vs colorado
    43 vs wsu
    69 vs Penn state

"Only" nine 40+ yard runs.

His career average is 5.9 yards/carry. And his year-over-year YPC has gone up each year.

But if nine 40+ yard runs don't seem like many to you, you must be even more impressed with his 3-year career total of 4055 rushing yards, right?
    Yeah nine 40+ yard runs in three seasons is not a lot. Through the first seven games last season Bryce Love had nine 50+ yard runs. Look I'm all for being a homer and whatnot but Gaskin is not elite. He's Mr. Consistency. He keeps the chains moving and has nice highlights showing great vision and elusiveness but he doesn't wow you with speed, power, or home run hitting ability. I hope at least one of those aspects of his game is improved this season.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    OL

cry a little more doogs

You really are that stupid.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    OL

No bitch, I'm not restricted to only thinking about one year in time when I can pull from the past couple of years to make my point which I did quite effectively.
    we talking about this year's roster vs other this year rosters
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RB
    we? really don't have a power back like coleman this year and if Gaskin got hurt we have 5 relatively unproven backs filling in
    RB

we talking about this year's roster vs other this year rosters
    Yeah bitch because I don't know the complete rosters of every elite team in the nation. Bama and Georgia and Ohio State and Clemson have no doubt stockpiled nothing but 4 and 5 star recruits at RB but some of them have yet to play yet so I don't know their fucking names but when they do play this season they will most likely still be better than our fucking backfield you dumb bitch. Again, really good RB corp for us and the best we've had in a long time; but still not as good as the elite teams around the nation.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Overrated? Huh? We've got a great defensive backfield at this point. That's it. RB's only as good as their Guards and center
    edited March 2018
    Petersen dont run out I. Only need 2 tailbacks in his system...starter and backup...now TE's, that's where uses thunder and lightning and few others for good measure
    edited March 2018
    Bread said:

78 vs sac state.
    72 vs oregon
    53 vs asu
    86 vs southern miss
    68 vs Oregon
    45 vs asu
    57 vs colorado
    43 vs wsu
    69 vs Penn state

Uh, Gaskin ran for more yards over 3 years than Barkley. But what do stats matter anyway. And vs good defenses Barkley was very mediocre last year (UW aside)