Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Outside of QB, at which position group are we most overrated by Doogs and the Media?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited March 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board

Outside of QB, at which position group are we most overrated by Doogs and the Media? 61 votes

OL
52%
SwayeAlCzervikmobeywhlinderLoneStarDawgAtomicDawg79smoothdawgDennis_DeYoungUWhuskytskeetCokeGreaterThanPepsibiak1DooglesguntloveEwaDawgFremontTrollBasemandevildawgSourcesHuskyClawsToddTurnerLIVES 32 votes
DL
6%
Fire_Marshall_BillvadawgThe_UndertakerIce_Holmvik 4 votes
LB
26%
Mad_SonDeepSeaZGladstonedncExtraChrisBchuckNEsnake12FKA_MousecopKevininTacomajuhsoonjhfstyle24Neighbor2972NorwegianHuskyBleachedAnusDawgBlastDoorDoogCourics 16 votes
S
0%
CB
1%
ApostleofGrief 1 vote
RB
6%
JECARLebamDawgPitchfork51ZombieBallz 4 votes
WR
3%
McRibDeepDawg 2 votes
ST
1%
Bread 1 vote
TE
1%
HUSKYFANATIC 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    OL
    We actually have talent on the OL this year, but not sure those fuckers can play. For the love of god, i hope sosobbe stays the fuck on the bench
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ST
    To many doogs are excited vizciano left and think pettis is easily replaced. Also A.J. Carty is not living up to the hype. He has been getting worse since he got here.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    LB
    The OL is going to be really fucking good.

Baring injury.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OL

We actually have talent on the OL this year, but not sure those fuckers can play. For the love of god, i hope sosobbe stays the fuck on the bench

I'm not saying we don't have some good talent on the OL, especially if Trey comes back strong (who knows how he'll recover) but the hype about how much talent there is and returning starts there are...blah, blah, blah...is driving me fucking nuts. Maybe if we had a big swinging dick QB who was going to start I wouldn't care. But our OL isn't going to be able to be good enough for Jake's standards- i.e., he need 5 NFL first rounders in front of him.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    LB

I'm not saying we don't have some good talent on the OL, especially if Trey comes back strong (who knows how he'll recover) but the hype about how much talent there is and returning starts there are...blah, blah, blah...is driving me fucking nuts. Maybe if we had a big swinging dick QB who was going to start I wouldn't care. But our OL isn't going to be able to be good enough for Jake's standards- i.e., he need 5 NFL first rounders in front of him.
    That's a Jake issue not an OL issue.

The OL isn't going to be the problem on this team unless injuries are a big factor.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited March 2018
    OL
    OL, followed by the under utilized RB’s.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    LB

Sosebee is not going to play. On spring, he got benched by Matt fucking James. Last year on spring even Jomon Dotson was a starter. If you're a veteran and Matt James is starting over you, it's a signal: the coaches hate you.
  • Options
    ZombieBallzZombieBallz Member Posts: 78
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    RB
    RB. The one-two punch of Gaskin and Ahmed is being hyped up too much. It's a really good backfield and might be the best we've ever had but teams like Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and USC have better backfields than that every year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OL
    dnc said:

The OL isn't going to be the problem on this team unless injuries are a big factor.
    I can't but help judge the OL but the amount of Tim the QB needs. I like to do that.

I know it's FS and not fair.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,257
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

QB
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    OL

RB. The one-two punch of Gaskin and Ahmed is being hyped up too much. It's a really good backfield and might be the best we've ever had but teams like Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and USC have better backfields than that every year.

Myles disrespect is unreal
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    RB
    Gaskin wouldn't start on like half the teams in the pac.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    CB
    Aren't we young this year in the secondary?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    RB
    cry a little more doogs
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OL

cry a little more doogs

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gaskin is a great RB who basically plays well every week. Ahmed is going to be amazing. Those other schools are stacked at RB, but there is nothing overrated about either RB. Ahmed doesn't get talked about enough with Gaskin returning. He's electric and a threat to house it every time he touches the ball.