Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyler Gordon is explosive.

Is Jimmy going to move Taylor Rapp over to Strong Safety, plug Gordon in as the starter at Free Safety, and delegate McIntosh to the "Zeke Turner big-hitting back-up who sucks in coverage" role? I don't know but Rapp and Gordon sounds like a lethal safety combo both tackling and in coverage so it will be interesting.

Comments

• Options
    ZombieBallzZombieBallz Member Posts: 78
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes

Is Jimmy going to move Taylor Rapp over to Strong Safety, plug Gordon in as the starter at Free Safety, and delegate McIntosh to the "Zeke Turner big-hitting back-up who sucks in coverage" role? I don't know but Rapp and Gordon sounds like a lethal safety combo both tackling and in coverage so it will be interesting.
    It’s going to be pretty hard for a true freshman to start in the secondary.
    Agreed but we are trying to get more ball production from the secondary and Gordon is a ball hawk with the versatility to play any position in the secondary. Hard to keep a guy like that off the field.
  • Options

My hope is:

CB1: Murphy, Taylor
    CB2: Miller, Hampton
    SLOT: Joyner, Molden, Bryant
    SS: JoJo, McKinney
    FS: Rapp, Gilchrist

We'll see what actually happens... but I think that would be the best use of bodies. We are going to lose 4/5 next year, so every freshman is going to have to play.

I agree with most of that but Gilchrist sucks and looks fat. The best use of his body is warming the bench while Gordon plays ahead of him. If Jojo can improve in coverage that would be great. If not something needs to change because I'm tired of watching him get beat like drum in coverage. He's always a step too slow to react.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

My hope is:

We'll see what actually happens... but I think that would be the best use of bodies. We are going to lose 4/5 next year, so every freshman is going to have to play.

Agree. This is the best case scenario. Players moving up the ranks as they gain experience. Kyler Gordon looks great but I'd rather not see true frosh getting tons of playing time at well-recruited positions.
  • Options

My hope is:

Agree. This is the best case scenario. Players moving up the ranks as they gain experience. Kyler Gordon looks great but I'd rather not see true frosh getting tons of playing time at well-recruited positions.
    I'd rather see the best players on the field. If that means Gordon plays as a true Freshman then so be it.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Uhh no!
  • Options

Uhh no!
    Yes!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2018

Uhh no!
    Yes!
    You clearly don’t understand this coaching staff, they not afraid to redshirt a player if they might be good as the starter. Fuck they redshirted Byron
  • Options
    edited March 2018

My hope is:

I'd rather see the best players on the field. If that means Gordon plays as a true Freshman then so be it.
    And at what position does your wisdom tell you Gordon could be the best player at?
  • Options

Uhh no!
    Yes!
    You clearly don’t understand this coaching staff, they not afraid to redshirt a player if they might as good as the starter. Fuck they redshirted Byron
    Byron was playing behind two first round talents. Jojo McIntosh sucks in coverage and is not a first round talent. This coaching staff will do what they have to do to get the best players on the field. If that means McIntosh takes a back seat to get Gordon on the field then that's what is going to happen if Gordon is as good as I think he is.
  • Options

My hope is:

And at what position does your wisdom tell you Gordon could be the best player at?
    Holy shit read my original post fucktard! Bump Rapp over to Strong Safety and Gordon plays Free Safety.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Uhh no!
    Yes!
    You clearly don’t understand this coaching staff, they not afraid to redshirt a player if they might be good as the starter. Fuck they redshirted Byron
    Behind multiple second round picks.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Uhh no!
    Yes!
    Eagles GM said they were going to draft Jones with the 13th overall pick before the achilles injury and King was one pick outside of the first round and could have easily gone to the Seahawks in the first round if they didn't fuck up. Therefore, both were first round talents BITCH!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

My hope is:

Holy shit read my original post fucktard! Bump Rapp over to Strong Safety and Gordon plays Free Safety.
    Yup, bench a likely all pac12 senior. Who's the fucktard new fish? Get ya dumbass on out... gate keeper, we got another one on her way out. Btw, there's lots of 'explosive' players on roster. One just transferred for lack of playing time. Also, kinda like enforcers back there at both safties. Kinda like a UW tradition....but wait, you weren't born yet to know that...putz fuck!!
  • Options

dnc said:

Uhh no!
    Yes!
    Eagles GM said they were going to draft Jones with the 13th overall pick before the achilles injury and King was one pick outside of the first round and could have easily gone to the Seahawks in the first round if they didn't fuck up. Therefore, both were first round talents BITCH!
    Zombie.. I just called Luke. We arranged a quid pro quo. He said they'd take you over there and transfer your 28 posts if i lightened up on him. There was mutual agreement so you kinda gotta go. You need to clean up your filthy mouth a little or you'll be at open season looking for a friend in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail. It's a cutthroat industry we're in. Good luck son;)
  • Options

My hope is:

Yup, bench a likely all pac12 senior. Who's the fucktard new fish? Get ya dumbass on out... gate keeper, we got another one on her way out. Btw, there's lots of 'explosive' players on roster. One just transferred for lack of playing time. Also, kinda like enforcers back there at both safties. Kinda like a UW tradition....but wait, you weren't born yet to know that...putz fuck!!
    Do you like watching McIntosh give up completion after completion? Penn State targeted Bryant and McIntosh. They were identified as the weak links in coverage and that was proven third down completion after third down completion. McIntosh not a likely all-conference player. He's the kind of guy who gets honorable mention for his big hits but he lacks the coverage ability and ball hawking ability to be all-conference. Best players play bitch. If Gordon over McIntosh makes the secondary better it's going to happen.