Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If we can get enough guys on the Supreme Court like this

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Here's the piece by JPS from the fake news NYT if anyone is interested in reading.

I for one am not in favoring of removing it from the Constitution, but I do agree with JPS on the history of how it was interpreted for the first 200 years.

For over 200 years after the adoption of the Second Amendment, it was uniformly understood as not placing any limit on either federal or state authority to enact gun control legislation. In 1939 the Supreme Court unanimously held that Congress could prohibit the possession of a sawed-off shotgun because that weapon had no reasonable relation to the preservation or efficiency of a “well regulated militia.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/john-paul-stevens-repeal-the-second-amendment/ar-BBKKZP0?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

And yet the military uses lots of sawed off shotguns.
    I thought they were all 18" to 20" barrels. That's a short barrel shotgun, not a sawed off one. My Remington 870 Tactical has an 18" barrel and was perfectly legal to buy.
    They use quite a few shorty guns mounted under barrel on the M4 which itself is a short barreled rifle under current law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M26_Modular_Accessory_Shotgun_System
    Ah but when the Supreme Court handed down the ruling in 1939 the military was only using trench guns with like an 18" or 20" barrel.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

its cute that you think there are two parties

I want to see this happen. I want door to door gun grabbing on TV every night.

Back in the 1970's there were actually 4 parties, including the now extinct Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats.

Regardless of what the children think, the 2nd Amendment will never get repealed as much as you might like to see it on TV.
    Women will never get to vote, negros will never not be property, etc.

Throwing out the word never in an evolving society is loser talk.

Remington just went bankrupt. Thousands upon thousands of future votes are taking to the streets.

The Cubs will never win a Pennant.
    This isn't about a vote as votes do not control the bill of rights. HTH
    You need to put it in terms someone from Alabama can understand

Texas voters can't get rid of abortion by a vote. The Supremes look poorly upon some restrictions that get voted in or passed by a legislature

Thankfully our founding mothers knew someday we would be fucking stupid enough to give up all our freedoms so they made it really hard to do.

Booze got an amendment passed and then unpassed over about 15 years. Because booze is important.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Mosster47 said:

its cute that you think there are two parties

I want to see this happen. I want door to door gun grabbing on TV every night.

Back in the 1970's there were actually 4 parties, including the now extinct Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats.

Regardless of what the children think, the 2nd Amendment will never get repealed as much as you might like to see it on TV.
    Women will never get to vote, negros will never not be property, etc.

Throwing out the word never in an evolving society is loser talk.

Remington just went bankrupt. Thousands upon thousands of future votes are taking to the streets.

The Cubs will never win a Pennant.
    This isn't about a vote as votes do not control the bill of rights. HTH
    You need to put it in terms someone from Alabama can understand

Texas voters can't get rid of abortion by a vote. The Supremes look poorly upon some restrictions that get voted in or passed by a legislature

Thankfully our founding mothers knew someday we would be fucking stupid enough to give up all our freedoms so they made it really hard to do.

Booze got an amendment passed and then unpassed over about 15 years. Because booze is important.
    Yes but no one's tried screwing with the first 10.