Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

pm to PLSS and Steel 2 electric boogaloo

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,787
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Pups secretly plays "Turbo Lover" and "Locked In" all day
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Could you have picked an image of Halford and the boys from a relevant time frame? 'Defenders of the faith ' was last good album and was released in ' 82ish and has one of best songs ever written by JP. Turbo was HORRIBLE, unfortunately I saw them live on that tour as i was young (8th grade). 95% of you here have pussy parents who wouldnt have let you go anyway, or even buy the album.

Parents were cool then. Your parents BARELY let you go see Hannah Montana. Fitting you dipshits would muck up JP....btw, arguably the best husky defense ever was that year too...and Van Halen BITTERLY DISSAPOINTED me on new years eve with Eddy playing a keyboard on ' 1984.' Biggest album disappointment in rock music history was that release. Turbo was my 2nd biggest. Van Halen rocked like no other band in their 70's prime, early 80's. Van Halen's best album might have been diver-down..like Priest, the predecessor to their worst

The Defenders tour came to Tacoma in May of 84. That was one of the best rock shows I've ever seen. They closed the show with You've Got Another Thing Coming and the crowd went nuts. I was glad I saw that show because you're right - Turbo was such a piece of shit that it was all downhill from there.

Also agree on VH's 1984. What a fucking disappointment that pile of crap was. Their albums leading up to that abomination were great, but someone should have taken that keyboard and hit Eddie upside his fucking head with it.

Screw you guys!! 1984 is a fucking fantastic record. All of the Diamond Dave ones are but 1984 is prolly 2nd or 3rd best at worst. Drop Dead Legs is easily one of VH's best recordings.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,787
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I call those late 80s Priest albums with all the weird ballads "Judas Priest Lite"
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dflea said:

Could you have picked an image of Halford and the boys from a relevant time frame? 'Defenders of the faith ' was last good album and was released in ' 82ish and has one of best songs ever written by JP. Turbo was HORRIBLE, unfortunately I saw them live on that tour as i was young (8th grade). 95% of you here have pussy parents who wouldnt have let you go anyway, or even buy the album.

Parents were cool then. Your parents BARELY let you go see Hannah Montana. Fitting you dipshits would muck up JP....btw, arguably the best husky defense ever was that year too...and Van Halen BITTERLY DISSAPOINTED me on new years eve with Eddy playing a keyboard on ' 1984.' Biggest album disappointment in rock music history was that release. Turbo was my 2nd biggest. Van Halen rocked like no other band in their 70's prime, early 80's. Van Halen's best album might have been diver-down..like Priest, the predecessor to their worst

The Defenders tour came to Tacoma in May of 84. That was one of the best rock shows I've ever seen. They closed the show with You've Got Another Thing Coming and the crowd went nuts. I was glad I saw that show because you're right - Turbo was such a piece of shit that it was all downhill from there.

Also agree on VH's 1984. What a fucking disappointment that pile of crap was. Their albums leading up to that abomination were great, but someone should have taken that keyboard and hit Eddie upside his fucking head with it.

Screw you guys!! 1984 is a fucking fantastic record. All of the Diamond Dave ones are but 1984 is prolly 2nd or 3rd best at worst. Drop Dead Legs is easily one of VH's best recordings.
    As a VH superiority guy there is no way in hell that 1984 is a top-5 VH album. There are a four good songs, but that's not one I can listen to from beginning to end.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

As a VH superiority guy there is no way in hell that 1984 is a top-5 VH album. There are a four good songs, but that's not one I can listen to from beginning to end.
    IMHO 6 out of the 9 songs are good to great on 1984. But I also have a tasteful synthesizer fetish so Eddie's use thereof doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Panama is a great song

Jump needs to jump in a fire
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

6th grade and you saw VH live? The '84 tour was the toughest ticket in America. A radio had a giveaway for the listener willing to do the craziest thing for tickets. The winner offered to swallow a black widow spider.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Panama is a great song

I think my hand me down Nilsson Schmilsson still has resin in the grooves.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Panama is a great song

Panama is a fucking insanely good song. And they are all pretty good except for the boring ones.

Priest is the real shit and Iron Maiden is for prog rock fags.

Not that there's anything wrong with prog rock fags. Styx is a band of prog rock fags. But still, it's true.

I once had a semi-famous musician tell me: rock has two traditions, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. Don't be fucking Led Zeppelin.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Panama is a great song

Panama is a fucking insanely good song. And they are all pretty good except for the boring ones.

Not that there's anything wrong with prog rock fags. Styx is a band of prog rock fags. But still, it's true.

I once had a semi-famous musician tell me: rock has two traditions, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. Don't be fucking Led Zeppelin.
    Did you hear I got my own bored?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    edited March 2018

Panama is a great song

I like ur board

DDY = jelly jelly
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Panama is a great song

NOC
    Hurtful. And I was the 9th OG listerner of the pod.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2018

Panama is a great song

listen to Whole Lotta Love and the bridge bouncing between the speakers

Finally something @RaceBannon and I can agree on.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Panama is a great song

listen to Whole Lotta Love and the bridge bouncing between the speakers

Finally something @RaceBannon and I can agree on.
    I just changed my mind
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

1984 is to Van Halen what the black album is to Metallica, what Turbo is to Judas Priest, and what Hysteria is to Def Leppard.

All of them could and should have done better.