Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A Stable Genius once said...

insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
"Trade wars are good, and easy to win!"

How's everyone's portfolio looking after the last few days? The stock market was the one thing the Donald could point to that has improved since he took office and he managed to fuck it up with his archaic view on economics.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I still have my doctor and my portfolio
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2018
    Tariffs are a negotiating tactic, hth, otherwise why would the Chinese budge an inch, they need a small fire lit under their asses to move anywhere at all. They've been cheating on trade for years, and benefiting handsomely. Even they know the jig will be up if they don't make some concessions and throw Trump a bone.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tariffs are a negotiating tactic, hth, otherwise why would the Chinese budge an inch, they need a small fire lit under their asses to move anywhere at all. They've been cheating on trade for years, and benefiting handsomely. Even they know the jig will be up if they don't make some concessions and throw Trump a bone.

They responded with their own tariff. HTH
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

They responded with their own tariff. HTH
    $5 billion or something like that compared to our $50 billion. Please. That's a hand slap, just something so that Xi doesn't appear weak. Xi will be coming to the negotiating table.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

thud

I’m hearing Trump will never sign a bill like that again!

In fact, trump may never sign another bill ever again. Certainly not in 2018.

Trump’s 2-year legislative agenda? “Thud” indeed.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

thud

you seem upset
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

How's everyone's portfolio looking after the last few days? The stock market was the one thing the Donald could point to that has improved since he took office and he managed to fuck it up with his archaic view on economics.

The SP500 is up over 11% since Trump took office.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

but still
  • Options

Baseman said:

but still
    I'm glad that now you both value what the S&P 500 does.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

but still
    I'm glad that now you both value what the S&P 500 does.
    Pressing
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Baseman said:

That wasn't the point of my post. How's it done since he started announcing tariffs?
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

That wasn't the point of my post. How's it done since he started announcing tariffs?
    My Maseratti does one-eighty-five

Now it does one-twenty-five.

HTH
  • Options

Baseman said:

To be fair. Looking at a weeks worth of the stock market is like complaining about snow in March and debunking global warming.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Baseman said:

To be fair. Looking at a weeks worth of the stock market is like complaining about snow in March and debunking global warming.
    Wow ... didn't think I'd bump into you over on this side of the argument.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Judging the stock market over two days is fucking stupid. Using it to make your Trump is a piece of shit argument makes you look fucking stupid.

Disclosure: I am not a Troomp.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Judging the stock market over two days is fucking stupid. Using it to make your Trump is a piece of shit argument makes you look fucking stupid.

Disclosure: I am not a Troomp. I hope the market drops another 5% at which point I’ll buy, buy, buy.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578
    I really want the housing market to collapse before I move to miami
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

thud

you seem upset
    Upset?!!? I am livid! Trump’s legislative agenda is dead. No one respects him. He has no political capital whatsoever. 14 months after his election and Trumpism (tariffs, trade wars, nationalism, protectionism, isolationism) is on deathwatch.

That doesn’t upset you? Why are you pressing so hard?

• Options
    edited March 2018

thud

you seem upset
    Upset?!!? I am livid! Trump’s legislative agenda is dead. No one respects him. He has no political capital whatsoever. 14 months after his election and Trumpism (tariffs, trade wars, nationalism, protectionism, isolationism) is on deathwatch.

That doesn’t upset you? Why are you pressing so hard?

LIPO. FOX; CNN—the Fake News...either way, it will be interesting.