Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If you could have only one side arm caliber to survive the Zombie apocolypse what would you choose?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited March 2018 in Tug Tavern
For all the hawt gun talk we have in the Tug I feel like we are lacking in good pole data

If you could have only one side arm caliber to survive the Zombie apocolypse what would you choose? 18 votes

.45 ACP
11%
section8MisterEm 2 votes
.357 Mag
11%
BearsWiinYellowSnow 2 votes
.40 S & W
5%
GrundleStiltzkin 1 vote
9 Mill
16%
SwayeEsophagealFecesFenderbender123 3 votes
.38 Speshial
0%
.44 Mag
16%
DerekJohnsonDawgtonaDude61 3 votes
.500 S & W Mag
0%
Write-in Option
38%
RaceBannondncoregonblitzkrieguziLebamDawgSledogPitchfork51 7 votes

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Write-in Option
    22LR for a mythical TV type zombie apocalypse. You can carry a lot more and brain shots with a .22 works.

If it were a real zombie apocalypse (when all the welfare and SNAP cards etc get shut off) I'd opt for a .45ACP in a 1911.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    .357 Mag
    Sledog said:

22LR for a mythical TV type zombie apocalypse. You can carry a lot more and brain shots with a .22 works.

If it were a real zombie apocalypse (when all the welfare and SNAP cards etc get shut off) I'd opt for a .45ACP in a 1911.

Serious question: why 1911 over something from Austria that holds mor rounds? Are they more durable and less prone to malfunctions? From a looks standpoint I think a 1911 is the best looking semi-auto ever made. John Browing was a genius.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Write-in Option
    Uhh flamethrower?
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    9 Mill
    I'd want a gun where ammo was plentiful and easy to find, and can hold a decent amount of rounds.
    Write-in Option

Sledog said:

Serious question: why 1911 over something from Austria that holds mor rounds? Are they more durable and less prone to malfunctions? From a looks standpoint I think a 1911 is the best looking semi-auto ever made. John Browing was a genius.
    Austrian perfection points like shit. I tried them in competition when they first came out and between having to break your wrist downward to obtain a sight picture and a terrible trigger I simply can not run one as quickly and accurately as a 1911. Besides only hits count and you can't shoot fast enough to make up for a miss.

The grip on a Glock 21 .45 is bigger than a hi-cap 1911 due to the stupid plastic magazine being so thick. My single stack 1911's hold 8+1. My double stack 1911's hold 14+1. The single stack has a better grip not being as wide. I've used both but everyday carry is an alloy framed single stack 1911 with a bobtail or round butt. Capacity is overrated. I have used the double stack 1911 for certain types of work and like them as well. You don't often have to deal with large numbers of bad guys in real life and besides we only carry a handgun to fight our way to a long gun.

Almost every auto loading pistol runs on Browning's patents. He was indeed a genius.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,729
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write-in Option
    Food
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Food

now that's your daddy's @RaceBannon
    Swaye's Wigwam
    .357 Mag

Food

You'll be zombie food with that kinda thinking.

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    .357 Mag
    Glocks suck donkey balls for me because the grip is too boxy to be comfy in my hand. Had a SIG P220 in the .45 for a few years, traded it for a Mini-14 because even though it was sexy as hell I couldn't shoot well with it. Still love my Ruger GP100 .357 with the Hogue grips. It's kinda versatile in that you can shoot the .38 special through it too, which might cum in handy after the apocalypse. Second choice would be an H&K P7M8. 9mm ought to be easy to find, and the action is so smooth. Choice irregardless of ammo and for pure style, the Mauser C96 broomhandle, in 7.63x25mm, not that postwar Bolo shit they made for the Sovs and Chinese.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Write-in Option
    The works

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    .357 Mag

Food

You'll be zombie food with that kinda thinking.

Other humans will kill him for the food* long before the zombies get to him

* or just on general principle
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Cross Bow/Bow and Arrow. Unlimited ammo. Darryl has the right idea.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write-in Option
    The Hari Kari blade - guns make to much noise and attract mor Z's and the way things are going the available clips will only hold 5 rounds. we are screwed in preparation for the ZA
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will be a dead man. That's an old Mexican Proverb...and it's true.

Ramon Rojo wasn't wrong.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    9 Mill
    Sounds like a lot of you fags have small girl hands.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    9 Mill
    Oh, and there are only two reasonable choices - .45 and 9MM. By far the most ammo available for those two calibers.

I picked 9MM because I love my H&K P30 more than my Kimbers (Ultra Carry and Desert Warrior) for some reason. I also have an H&K VP9 that runs a close second to the P30. They just fit me better than SIG's, better than FN, better than Glock (for 9MM), and better than my Kimber 1911's in .45.

I also have a Kimber Solo in 9MM but I have never warmed to that pistol. I don't have enough money to get one of those super fancy 3K custom .45's (Ed Brown, etc.).
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Write-in Option
    Swaye said:

Oh, and there are only two reasonable choices - .45 and 9MM. By far the most ammo available for those two calibers.

I picked 9MM because I love my H&K P30 more than my Kimbers (Ultra Carry and Desert Warrior) for some reason. I also have an H&K VP9 that runs a close second to the P30. They just fit me better than SIG's, better than FN, better than Glock (for 9MM), and better than my Kimber 1911's in .45.

I also have a Kimber Solo in 9MM but I have never warmed to that pistol. I don't have enough money to get one of those super fancy 3K custom .45's (Ed Brown, etc.).

Sounds like you aren't gangster enough to have a gold plated .45

Sad!!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    .357 Mag
    Swaye said:

I thought you were a pour trailer park injun. Now we hear you have the second largest fancy gun collection at HH after Sledog.

Write-in Option
    Swaye said:

Last I looked a Les Baer Thunder Ranch is still around $1800.00 and the best deal of the top end 1911's. Springfield TRP's have a good reputation and Dan Wesson makes some pretty nice stuff too.