Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    LoRo may coach like shit, but he is universally considered a nice man. If he despises you, that is a you problem.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good luck the rest of the way
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    BayDawg said:

LoRo may coach like shit, but he is universally considered a nice man. If he despises you, that is a you problem.

535-118
    391-284
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,380
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gonzaga did play for the title last year and lost by 6.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

BayDawg said:

Gladstone said:

BayDawg said:

doog post of the month at a minimum

If thinking Few is a whiney little weasel makes me a doog, so be it. If that pussy had a hair on his ball bag he wouldnt still be coaching in a D2 league. Flag me to the moon and back, I dont give a shit. Gonzaga got their shit pushed in last night, I thoroughly enjoyed it. They will be back to crushing Portland and Pepperdine soon enough and his majesty will feel safe again.
    THIS. Like Boise State Junior College of Idaho, of course they've built themselves to a place where they have a roster of players with which they can beat anybody on a given afternoon. But as we have all been saying here since time immemorial, playing in a real conference where your chances of losing every time out are least a little bit north of legitimate, is an entirely different experience. That was Florida fucking State, boys, not North Carolina or Dook or Virginia. That's what it feels like to play in the ACC zags. You can get your shit pushed in by a second-tier conference opponent in a real conference. Because that second-tier conference opponent isn't Portland.
    Stop it. #1 seed Xavier also lost to Florida State. Few has lost many times to a variety of teams on the tournament.

He also beats big teams every year and dominates the WCC. Longevity and sustained success matters. Only a Boobsian retard would say Tony Bennett isn’t a very good coach. Only one team wins. As embarrassing as Bennett’s loss was, losing in the next round would have been just as bad.

The Boise arguments are fair, but since Peterman left Boise is a 9-3 nobody. You dummies suck off Marshall, but hate Few because of doog reasons.

If you’re not first, you’re last. Getting to the tournament is half the battle. I won’t ever get on Hop for losing early but if he’s a good coach, UW will get there every year.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2018

BayDawg said:

Gladstone said:

BayDawg said:

If thinking Few is a whiney little weasel makes me a doog, so be it. If that pussy had a hair on his ball bag he wouldnt still be coaching in a D2 league. Flag me to the moon and back, I dont give a shit. Gonzaga got their shit pushed in last night, I thoroughly enjoyed it. They will be back to crushing Portland and Pepperdine soon enough and his majesty will feel safe again.
    THIS. Like Boise State Junior College of Idaho, of course they've built themselves to a place where they have a roster of players with which they can beat anybody on a given afternoon. But as we have all been saying here since time immemorial, playing in a real conference where your chances of losing every time out are least a little bit north of legitimate, is an entirely different experience. That was Florida fucking State, boys, not North Carolina or Dook or Virginia. That's what it feels like to play in the ACC zags. You can get your shit pushed in by a second-tier conference opponent in a real conference. Because that second-tier conference opponent isn't Portland.
    Stop it. #1 seed Xavier also lost to Florida State. Few has lost many times to a variety of teams on the tournament.

He also beats big teams every year and dominates the WCC. Longevity and sustained success matters. Only a Boobsian retard would say Tony Bennett isn’t a very good coach. Only one team wins. As embarrassing as Bennett’s loss was, losing in the next round would have been just as bad.

The Boise arguments are fair, but since Peterman left Boise is a 9-3 nobody. You dummies suck off Marshall, but hate Few because of doog reasons.

If you’re not first, you’re last. Getting to the tournament is half the battle. I won’t ever get on Hop for losing early but if he’s a good coach, UW will get there every year.
    First, BB isn't football. If you are recruiting at a threshold level of talent, and Gonzaga does, then you can always beat people on a given day. NOC.

Second, that's the point. They are in the WCC, a conference in which any loss by Gonzaga is a monumental occurrence. Their shit is padded and they get an easy run to the tourney. Their tourney appearances mean shit to me.

Miami beats Duke and North Carolina in their houses periodically. But in the final analysis Miami is a good, not great, program. Their overall results, as forged in the ACC, prove that.

Few and Zags are a solid program, but the love is ridiculous when viewed in context.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,652

BayDawg said:

Gladstone said:

BayDawg said:

First, BB isn't football. If you are recruiting at a threshold level of talent, and Gonzaga does, then you can always beat people on a given day. NOC.

Second, that's the point. They are in the WCC, a conference in which any loss by Gonzaga is a monumental occurrence. Their shit is padded and they get an easy run to the tourney. Their tourney appearances mean shit to me.

Miami beats Duke and North Carolina in their houses periodically. But in the final analysis Miami is a good, not great, program. Their overall results, as forged in the ACC, prove that.

Few and Zags are a solid program, but the love is ridiculous when viewed in context.
    Brother Cuog - yuor coach is Ernie Kent. You have no standing.

BayDawg said:

Gladstone said:

BayDawg said:

Brother Cuog - yuor coach is Ernie Kent. You have no standing.
    7-11. Salem and I will be waiting.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,380
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Losers lose.
    True. And UW will never play for the bball natty.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    22 of Gonzaga's 30 wins were against teams with an RPI of 139 and higher heading into the tournament. Otherwise they were 8-4 against teams with an RPI in the top 100. Three of those wins were BYU alone, and St. Marys the other. Against teams pre-tourney with RPI less than 100 (excluding St. Mary win), they were 4-3. Not an overly impressive resume. More of a cakewalk.

I give Mark Few credit for not fucking up the momentum Dan Monson built.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

22 of Gonzaga's 30 wins were against teams with an RPI of 139 and higher heading into the tournament. Otherwise they were 8-4 against teams with an RPI in the top 100. Three of those wins were BYU alone, and St. Marys the other. Against teams pre-tourney with RPI less than 100 (excluding St. Mary win), they were 4-3. Not an overly impressive resume. More of a cakewalk.

Kreist.

That was 20 years ago and Monson was proven to be a shitty coach. This was a rebuild year for them and they made the Sweet 16. Not their fault they play in a shitty conference and no one good will schedule OOC with them anymore.
    salemcoog said:

Kreist.

That was 20 years ago and Monson was proven to be a shitty coach. This was a rebuild year for them and they made the Sweet 16. Not their fault they play in a shitty conference and no one good will schedule OOC with them anymore.
    It's not?