Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon scores a TD at the end of the 1st and runs back the opening kickoff at the start of the 2nd.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am beginning to see the beauty of a gun ban in my plan to watch the world burn
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    if you register it you will not lose it ... so it is creating a registry of gun owners vs confiscation that is really going on here ...

is registration the way to go, who knows, but if i was POHLEESE Id like to know if the house i am going to has certain weapons in the residence...

Now do i want the pohleese to know what i have ... no, but I still can see it both ways ... not both ways like you guys like, but opinions
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    YouKnowIt said:

if you register it you will not lose it ... so it is creating a registry of gun owners vs confiscation that is really going on here ...

is registration the way to go, who knows, but if i was POHLEESE Id like to know if the house i am going to has certain weapons in the residence...

Now do i want the pohleese to know what i have ... no, but I still can see it both ways ... not both ways like you guys like, but opinions

Not all problems have solutions
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2018
    It still has a ways to go. It still has to get the signatures to get put on the ballot, then Oregonians have to actually vote it in. I don't think they are going to get the votes needed.

They absolutely say could be surrendered. There is no way this gets voted in. People know that legislation like this opens pandora's box on what other types of guns could be banned. It's not outside the realm of possibilities that 20 years from now assault weapon bans from this legislation will be broaden to semi auto hand guns, then to hand guns, then to rifles and shot guns. Pretty soon, Oregonians will have to defend themselves like Swaye's people did, with the classic bow and arrow.

Farmers and the rest of rural Oregon will have 98% voter turnout over this bill. Hipsters/losers in Portland and Eugene won't have a high enough turnout to overcome that.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

It still has a ways to go. It still has to get the signatures to get put on the ballot, then Oregonians have to actually vote it in. I don't think they are going to get the votes needed.

They absolutely say could be surrendered. There is no way this gets voted in. People know that legislation like this opens pandora's box on what other types of guns could be banned. It's not outside the realm of possibilities that 20 years from now assault weapon bans from this legislation will be broaden to semi auto hand guns, then to hand guns, then to rifles and shot guns. Pretty soon, Oregonians will have to defend themselves like Swaye's people did, with the classic bow and arrow.

Farmers and the rest of rural Oregon will have 98% voter turnout over this bill. Hipsters/losers in Portland and Eugene won't have a high enough turnout to overcome that.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. There are a lot of fucking retards in Oregon who would be more than happy to see the state seize all guns, not just assault weapons.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

But who exactly wants to confiscate guns - hondoFS

They live in fucking Oregon. And it'll never pass. But ok!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    YouKnowIt said:

Fuck someone moar stupid than Hondo. If you own an A/R, its already registered unless you bought it illegally. And since you can't fucking read, it is about SEIZURE by all owners not in the police or military.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I wouldn't be so sure of that. There are a lot of fucking retards in Oregon who would be more than happy to see the state seize all guns, not just assault weapons.
    Those people don't vote
  • Options

Farmers and the rest of rural Oregon will have 98% voter turnout over this bill. Hipsters/losers in Portland and Eugene won't have a high enough turnout to overcome that

This could be further from the truth. Portland proper controls everything and Portland is about 70% liberal and hate guns of all sorts. It also has 5 X the population of everywhere else combined. If they get the 88,000 sigs, this will pass.

However this will end up being the Dem's worst nightmare if it gets on the ballot. In Oregon, Conservatives sit on the sidelines as they have known that it doesn't matter how they vote as whatever Portland libtard wants will be voted in for the last 30 plus years.

However THIS will energize them like no other time in History and the Dems in other areas of the State outside of Portland will have this to reckon with and it may just cook their Gooses.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

But who exactly wants to confiscate guns - hondoFS

They live in fucking Oregon. And it'll never pass. But ok!
    Go back to taking selfies with Bunny ears on Snapchat.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

YouKnowIt said:

Fuck someone moar stupid than Hondo. If you own an A/R, its already registered unless you bought it illegally. And since you can't fucking read, it is about SEIZURE by all owners not in the police or military.
    Fuck someone more stupid than sledog who can't read. While I don't agree with this initiative. This is right in the article.

A person that wanted to keep their assault weapon would need to register it with the Oregon State Police. OSP would look at a person's criminal record — and other information — to determine whether they are "disqualified from possessing the weapon."
    "People who legally own assault rifles or large-capacity magazines will not be required to surrender their firearms but will be required to register their firearms with the state," said Penny Okamoto, executive director of Ceasefire Oregon, which is supporting the petition.

That being said, this is exactly what flea and I have both discussed. If the NRA sticks to it's "zero discussion on regulations" and more shootings happen, the public will start doing this and some of the bills might actually pass.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

YouKnowIt said:

Fuck someone more stupid than sledog who can't read. While I don't agree with this initiative. This is right in the article.

A person that wanted to keep their assault weapon would need to register it with the Oregon State Police. OSP would look at a person's criminal record — and other information — to determine whether they are "disqualified from possessing the weapon."
    "People who legally own assault rifles or large-capacity magazines will not be required to surrender their firearms but will be required to register their firearms with the state," said Penny Okamoto, executive director of Ceasefire Oregon, which is supporting the petition.

That being said, this is exactly what flea and I have both discussed. If the NRA sticks to it's "zero discussion on regulations" and more shootings happen, the public will start doing this and some of the bills might actually pass.
    Not all problems have solutions

@BearsWiin has done it again!
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

YouKnowIt said:

People who own these firearms are already registered with the state. This opens it up to the State to seize the weapon from anyone they see fit. Oregon's leaders hate guns. There is nothing in this initiative that would stop the State from seizing the gun.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

YouKnowIt said:

People who own these firearms are already registered with the state. This opens it up to the State to seize the weapon from anyone they see fit. Oregon's leaders hate guns. There is nothing in this initiative that would stop the State from seizing the gun.
    do they have to register if they get it through a private sale ... Washington passed I-594 that required all sales of firearms to require a background check/registration... does oregon have that currently? is I-594 working ... in 14 months it kept rifles/guns out of 50 felons hands ... allthough they must be trying to be clean felons since they actually followed the law ...