Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kansas and now Oklahoma

Comments

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Yeah, because of all the 50 states Kansas and Oklahoma are in the worst budget positions...

HondoFS
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Yeah, because of all the 50 states Kansas and Oklahoma are in the worst budget positions...

HondoFS

As usual you missed the point. I'll type slowly so you can understand. People like you believe that tax cuts increase revenue. Point is, they don't and Kansas and Oklahoma are more evidence of that.

HTH but I know it won't.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,772
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

HondoFS

As usual you missed the point. I'll type slowly so you can understand. People like you believe that tax cuts increase revenue. Point is, they don't and Kansas and Oklahoma are more evidence of that.

HTH but I know it won't.
    The variables you are missing in the entire argument are Kansans and Oklahomans.

Those people could fuck up the recipe for boiling water.

Truly some of the dumbest dumbfucks ever to dumbfuck.

The liberal equivalents would be New Jerseyites and Portlanders.

• Options

2001400ex said:

HondoFS

HTH but I know it won't.
    The variables you are missing in the entire argument are Kansans and Oklahomans.

Right. That's what makes the resulting cuts to education in both states even more hilarious.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I like how Oklahoma and Kansas are the poster child for why tax cuts don't work.

There has to be industry, or the lure of industry to make it work.

Oklahoma was stupid because they gave a tax cut to oil companies, who would go there anyway.

A better model would be Texas, Tennessee, Florida, and even Washington.

Those states rank in the bottom 1/3 of tax burden and economies are booming.

NY and CA have high tax burdens, but they have big industry too.

Take it all in context. Oklahoma would have been wise to gauge the oil companies and pass the savings along to their constituents.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

I like how Oklahoma and Kansas are the poster child for why tax cuts don't work.

Oklahoma was stupid because they gave a tax cut to oil companies, who would go there anyway.

Take it all in context. Oklahoma would have been wise to gauge the oil companies and pass the savings along to their constituents.

The tax cuts were sold as a way to turn the economies around. And it didn't. As you even stated, there are states with low tax burdens doing well and states with high tax burdens doing well. It's almost as if tax cuts don't increase revenue.

“My faith is in the people of Kansas,” Brownback said, “not its government.”

Brownback said the less affluent would not be hurt by the tax cuts.

“The best thing we can do for individuals in this state, and particularly for somebody that’s struggling, is to provide jobs and job opportunities,” the Republican governor said. “That’s what this does.”

Nick Jordan, the state’s revenue secretary, said the administration ultimately imagines the creation of 22,000 more jobs over “normal growth” and 35,000 more people moving into the state over the next five years. And he expects the tax changes to expand disposable income by $2 billion over the same period.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kansascity.relaymedia.com/amp/latest-news/article303137/Brownback-signs-big-tax-cut-in-Kansas.html
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    topdawgnc said:

A lot of truth in this, but to add to that Oklahoma also had a surplus of $140MM of last year and instead of using it as a buffer for the future they dumped it back into all of their state agencies.

Comparing states by several outside groups Oklahoma is doing much better than the rest...
    https://www.mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

And in fact summing state and local debt it is 7th best in the country.

But why bring facts into any discussion with HondoFS...
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

A lot of truth in this, but to add to that Oklahoma also had a surplus of $140MM of last year and instead of using it as a buffer for the future they dumped it back into all of their state agencies.

Comparing states by several outside groups Oklahoma is doing much better than the rest...

Just stop.

Bringing facts that weren't in the Yahoo article is just too much.

Tax cuts should not be social welfare.

Oklahoma and Kansas are not desirable places to live, and the taxes ended up being social welfare.

I also have no sympathy for state employees who want higher wages.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

The tax cuts were sold as a way to turn the economies around. And it didn't. As you even stated, there are states with low tax burdens doing well and states with high tax burdens doing well. It's almost as if tax cuts don't increase revenue.

“The best thing we can do for individuals in this state, and particularly for somebody that’s struggling, is to provide jobs and job opportunities,” the Republican governor said. “That’s what this does.”

Nick Jordan, the state’s revenue secretary, said the administration ultimately imagines the creation of 22,000 more jobs over “normal growth” and 35,000 more people moving into the state over the next five years. And he expects the tax changes to expand disposable income by $2 billion over the same period.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kansascity.relaymedia.com/amp/latest-news/article303137/Brownback-signs-big-tax-cut-in-Kansas.html
    I know this isn't from 2012, and I know it isn't a reliable source like Yahoo.

calbizjournal.com/whybusinessesleavecalifornia/

And low-tax, business-friendly Texas is be the biggest beneficiary.

According to Vranich, businesses leaving California experience substantial cost savings, ranging from 20 to 35 percent.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Just stop.

Bringing facts that weren't in the Yahoo article is just too much.

Tax cuts should not be social welfare.

Oklahoma and Kansas are not desirable places to live, and the taxes ended up being social welfare.

I also have no sympathy for state employees who want higher wages.
    Again you miss the point.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HondoFS

HTH but I know it won't.

Right. That's what makes the resulting cuts to education in both states even more hilarious.
    Money spent per capita in primary education rarely translates to results on the field.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HondoFS

HTH but I know it won't.

Money spent per capita in the military rarely translates to results on the field.
    FIFY
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

According to Vranich, businesses leaving California experience substantial cost savings, ranging from 20 to 35 percent.
    It's from 2012 like you said. Since then, how many businesses have actually relocated to Texas? Lol topdawgFS
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

It's from 2012 like you said. Since then, how many businesses have actually relocated to Texas? Lol topdawgFS
    Uh ... it was written this passed weak.

I kinda wish California folk would quit fleeing that Godless state for my beautiful Gawd Favored home state.

The pinkos bring their voting habits with them.

Now if they want to vote in legal weed, I'm all for it.

But keep your liberal taxation and regulation and sanctuary city lovin votes in Cali.