Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac12 Networks Innovation Update

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

TTJ said:

Meek said:

Any guesses as to where the Pac12 football games will be available in the Fall?

The obvs answer is obvs.

Haha if that was the case we’d get 2-3 teams in the playoffs every year and Pac12 After Dark would actually have ratings.
    The only way Pac 12 After Dark would get ratings is if they signed a deal with tempe12.com, had live shots at frat houses around the conference and replaced Nigel Burton and Lincoln Kennedy with a rotating cast of topless coeds.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    wow
    u r dead 2 me
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let’s face it. The P12N could be better by covering 98% football and 2% basketball but even that would only help so much because the league just isn’t that popular.

It’s not popular because it has teams in it like Utah, Wazzu, Oregon State, Colorado, Cal, and Arizona. Most cfb fans don’t even know those schools have football teams and will never respect them.

SC, UW, Oregon, UCLA, and Stanford (or ASU once Shaw leaves) should join up with Miami, Notre Dame, Texas and Oklahoma to make their own conference. It would be called the Non Fag conference.

The other “schools” left out would be called the Fag Conference, the Big Fag, or “We’re not like the Mountain West Everyone Says So” Conference.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What I don't get is how stupid was Larry Scott to not for see that night games are going to equate to 10-15000 empty seats in Husky stadium. We have an older fan base that simply won't show up for those and at halftime half the student section leaves to go party. The few folks around the country that stay up to watch see a half empty stadium and rightly conclude that UW fans don't give a fuck. Doesn't help at the end of the year when UW is on the bubble for a playoff spot and the program is perceived as a not serious player.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Let’s face it. The P12N could be better by covering 98% football and 2% basketball but even that would only help so much because the league just isn’t that popular.

It’s not popular because it has teams in it like Utah, Wazzu, Oregon State, Colorado, Cal, and Arizona. Most cfb fans don’t even know those schools have football teams and will never respect them.

SC, UW, Oregon, UCLA, and Stanford (or ASU once Shaw leaves) should join up with Miami, Notre Dame, Texas and Oklahoma to make their own conference. It would be called the Non Fag conference.

The other “schools” left out would be called the Fag Conference, the Big Fag, or “We’re not like the Mountain West Everyone Says So” Conference.

Big Fag has legs.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

What I don't get is how stupid was Larry Scott to not for see that night games are going to equate to 10-15000 empty seats in Husky stadium. We have an older fan base that simply won't show up for those and at halftime half the student section leaves to go party. The few folks around the country that stay up to watch see a half empty stadium and rightly conclude that UW fans don't give a fuck. Doesn't help at the end of the year when UW is on the bubble for a playoff spot and the program is perceived as a not serious player.

Not trying to defend Larry Scott here. But what you're describing sounds like a UW problem, not a Pac-12 problem.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

Sounds like a program steep in tradition.

Guess what.... SEC and ACC teams have 7 PM local starts too and they don't have those problems.

I think it's because they care about Football.

And UW doesn't give a fuck when compared to Football in the South.

UW can have day games. ASU needs night games until november.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

whuggy said:

Guess what.... SEC and ACC teams have 7 PM local starts too and they don't have those problems.

It happens everywhere. Blowouts are boring in the second half.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/uh-oh-alabama-student-section-empties-halftime/

If I went to bama I'd probably never watch a majority of the 2nd halfs either. There is booze and women.....or watching another 2 hours in the sun of a noncompetitive game
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

whuggy said:

It happens everywhere. Blowouts are boring in the second half.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/uh-oh-alabama-student-section-empties-halftime/

Saban threatened to kill the fans after this one
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

TTJ said:

whuggy said:

Not trying to defend Larry Scott here. But what you're describing sounds like a UW problem, not a Pac-12 problem.
    A Venn Diagram would show Larry Scott is both a Pac-12 problem and a UW problem.

lolwut?

I want pancakes now
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ready to see the Pac12 Networks' tv ratings for the Pac12 basketball tourny?

Scott Wolf takes you there!

https://insideusc.blog/2018/03/15/ready-to-see-the-pac-12-tournament-final-ratings/
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

God, I want to Throbber this gal.

She gives off the craves the BBC vibe.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

If she craves the BBC, then she should apply.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/

Looks like they have a few spots open.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

There are multiple BBCs
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    dnc said:

There are multiple BBCs
    That's true. Ax @UODuckGirl
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

TTJ said:

whuggy said:

A Venn Diagram would show Larry Scott is both a Pac-12 problem and a UW problem.

lolwut?

Milk and Eggs don't make an Omelette. Also, French Toast shits on Pancakes. Sorry, had to get my 2 cents in.