Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac12 Networks Innovation Update

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
according to Wilner (and the other 6 reporters who attended L Scott Un's press conference yesterday), there is NOTHING that can be done about the fact that 90% of football games will take place at night (and don't blame Scott for that because he doesn't work at the tv networks setting the schedule. He merely got the contract done to get our games on TV...I guess for that we should be thankful, right Mr. Herbstreit?).

Anyhow, all is not lost because new "streaming" options are in the pipeline!

Any guesses as to where the Pac12 football games will be available in the Fall?

My yuan is on Weibo, WeChat, Baidu, or TenCent. If Scott is really aggressive in his innovation rollout, we actually might be seeing Pac12 games on some regional Canadian platforms too! Exciting to know that we may be able to drive a mere 2 hours north (don't forget your passport!!) and watch a game...that said, good luck getting a Canadian sports bar to put not hockey on a tv.

Anyway, Larry got this guys.

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Meek said:

according to Wilner (and the other 6 reporters who attended L Scott Un's press conference yesterday), there is NOTHING that can be done about the fact that 90% of football games will take place at night (and don't blame Scott for that because he doesn't work at the tv networks setting the schedule. He merely got the contract done to get our games on TV...I guess for that we should be thankful, right Mr. Herbstreit?).

My yuan is on Weibo, WeChat, Baidu, or TenCent. If Scott is really aggressive in his innovation rollout, we actually might be seeing Pac12 games on some regional Canadian platforms too! Exciting to know that we may be able to drive a mere 2 hours north (don't forget your passport!!) and watch a game...that said, good luck getting a Canadian sports bar to put not hockey on a tv.

There are some hotties on Canadian sports TV.

and not one of them could name a Pac12 player.

DJ and I had a conversation many years ago about whether his book could be promoted in Vancouver and I explained to him that once upon a time (story time with Grandpa Race) Husky games were on KOMO4BUTTFUCKER every Saturday and the Don James Coach's Show was on Komo (or whatever it was called...on Sundays I think where Coach would literally go through every play in slow motion explaining decisions) and we Canadians were all over the Huskies...as I recall the Seahawks weren't really that good aside from a handful of seasons, the M's sucked (water is wet), the Sonics had peaked and were on their way back to meh and the pride of British Columbia was the Canucks - the hockey equivalent of the Mariners), so there was one exciting piece of the sports landscape for all Cascadians - the Dwags!

Then the regional sports networks were born, Huskies moved to a network that isn't available in Canada (mid 90s I think) and since then not a single person in BC has been able to follow them.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

Meek said:

DJ and I had a conversation many years ago about whether his book could be promoted in Vancouver and I explained to him that once upon a time (story time with Grandpa Race) Husky games were on KOMO4BUTTFUCKER every Saturday and the Don James Coach's Show was on Komo (or whatever it was called...on Sundays I think where Coach would literally go through every play in slow motion explaining decisions) and we Canadians were all over the Huskies...as I recall the Seahawks weren't really that good aside from a handful of seasons, the M's sucked (water is wet), the Sonics had peaked and were on their way back to meh and the pride of British Columbia was the Canucks - the hockey equivalent of the Mariners), so there was one exciting piece of the sports landscape for all Cascadians - the Dwags!

Then the regional sports networks were born, Huskies moved to a network that isn't available in Canada (mid 90s I think) and since then not a single person in BC has been able to follow them.
    ABC doesn't count as a network any longer?

The shit goes way the fuck up into interior BC and the far reaches of Alberta via translator systems.

Meek said:

Meek said:

The shit goes way the fuck up into interior BC and the far reaches of Alberta via translator systems.

reading comprehension can be an asset.

first, KOMO4 is ABC.

second, when's the last time you saw a Husky game on ABC?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Scott should be getting the Net on all of the leading streaming services as that is the future. But at this point, He should also pull down his pants a little and get the net on Directv. He has no leverage whatsoever due to the joke ratings but that is why He needed to get them on board at the outset. Before anyone knew what a dumpster fire the Network really is.

One thing that seemed not so funny to me is that the WCC conference had their early rounds and Championship on the ESPN's, the fucking Catholic school conference. So far through 2 rounds, the Conference of Champions has had one "national" broadcast on FS1.

One.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Scott should be getting the Net on all of the leading streaming services as that is the future. But at this point, He should also pull down his pants a little and get the net on Directv. He has no leverage whatsoever due to the joke ratings but that is why He needed to get them on board at the outset. Before anyone knew what a dumpster fire the Network really is.

One thing that seemed not so funny to me is that the WCC conference had their early rounds and Championship on the ESPN's, the fucking Catholic school conference. So far through 2 rounds, the Conference of Champions has had one "national" broadcast on FS1.

One.

It's about time for a Larry Scott extension!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

One.

I hope you publicly thanked FS1 for that.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    If you scroll all the way down its just a massive pic of her cleavage.
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2018
    I love work-wood. I hope I am not required to stand up anytime soon.

I think her nickname should be "Big Maples".
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,288
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I trust the commissioner
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

first, KOMO4 is ABC.

UCLA game last year
    This was after ASU and Petersen ordered Smith and co to shove the ball down their soft, faggots throats. So fucking fun to watch. Cathartic even.

I still lol irl thinking about OSU hiring Smith. Jesus flipping Christ.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

first, KOMO4 is ABC.

UCLA game last year
    This was after ASU and Petersen ordered Smith and co to shove the ball down their soft, faggots throats. So fucking fun to watch. Cathartic even.

I still lol irl thinking about OSU hiring Smith. Jesus flipping Christ.
    I lol thinking about all the half brain elders cursing past losses to UCLA and we rolled them and it was meaningless due to how embarrassing they were this year.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    salemcoog said:

One.

Scott and Bull Moose are birds of a feather. Cut off their nose to spite their face and go years without a DirecTV deal or a stadium naming sponsor because they care so much about their brand.

All while running in the red.

Dumbasses.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Meek said:

When college football TV deregulated the Pac10 was slow to move, no kidding the Pac 10 shit the bed, hard to believe but true.

Prime Ticket was the LA cable sports station that allowed the Trojans and Bruins to say every game will be on TV

Prime Sports was the regional spin off allowing more windows and more Husky games. It also had the full game on delay which actually killed the coaches show.

The 12:30 ABC game was for the top game of the week as long as USC or UW or UCLA were involved lol