Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump meeting with Kim Jong Un and SK PM in South Korea to discuss denuclearization

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

We should keep doing what isn't working

Because all the brilliant people who got us here say so

Fuck. Don't be afraid to win

... said the neocons about Iraq in 2003.

Containment has been working. Deterrence has been working. People like to think that difficult problems can be solved, while most of the folks who have been specializing in IR and diplomacy understnad that many difficult issues can only be managed. If you try to solve certain problems, then you make things worse by creating new problems.

And nuclear weapons aren't fucking sixguns. It's not about shooting first; it's about being able to take the first shot and still punish the guy who shoots first, to the poont that he doesn't ever want to shoot first. You use any kind of gunslinger analogy, it just shows that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
    But six guns are so TUFF!!

Production handgun maybe, but even by the late 1950's Casull had developed a wildcat .454 cartridge and five-shooters to shoot it with. Supposedly 75% more muzzle energy than the .44 magnum. Finally made it into production in 1983 with the Freedom Arms Model 83. Worked with a teamster on Encino Man who did competition shoots with one. As he was one of three dealers on the crew, they'd all bring their toys in and we'd drool over them. That was a Big Gun, something special. Pretty sure the IMI Desert Eagle .50cal is also more powerful, but I don't think that had been developed by Dirty Harry's time.
    Christ. Don't let facts get in the way of a well played GIF.

Yes, S&W .500 is newer than when Dirty Harry stared. Someone also makes a revolver that shoots buffalos (sorry @Swaye ) with .45-70 Guvmint.

You're just prostituting yourself for a fucking chin from me. Your not getting one for a post that talks about six guns, but then the gif only shows one

you weren't getting one anyway
    I don't walk the streets for chins where there are none to be had.

If you were better at math, you'd also notice I posted a about a five gun in response to a comment about six guns.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Containment has been working. Deterrence has been working. People like to think that difficult problems can be solved, while most of the folks who have been specializing in IR and diplomacy understnad that many difficult issues can only be managed. If you try to solve certain problems, then you make things worse by creating new problems.

And nuclear weapons aren't fucking sixguns. It's not about shooting first; it's about being able to take the first shot and still punish the guy who shoots first, to the poont that he doesn't ever want to shoot first. You use any kind of gunslinger analogy, it just shows that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
    But six guns are so TUFF!!

Production handgun maybe, but even by the late 1950's Casull had developed a wildcat .454 cartridge and five-shooters to shoot it with. Supposedly 75% more muzzle energy than the .44 magnum. Finally made it into production in 1983 with the Freedom Arms Model 83. Worked with a teamster on Encino Man who did competition shoots with one. As he was one of three dealers on the crew, they'd all bring their toys in and we'd drool over them. That was a Big Gun, something special. Pretty sure the IMI Desert Eagle .50cal is also more powerful, but I don't think that had been developed by Dirty Harry's time.
    Christ. Don't let facts get in the way of a well played GIF.

Yes, S&W .500 is newer than when Dirty Harry stared. Someone also makes a revolver that shoots buffalos (sorry @Swaye ) with .45-70 Guvmint.

You're just prostituting yourself for a fucking chin from me. Your not getting one for a post that talks about six guns, but then the gif only shows one

you weren't getting one anyway
    I don't walk the streets for chins where there are none to be had.

If you were better at math, you'd also notice I posted a about a five gun in response to a comment about six guns.

This is my life's story summed up in one Gif and why I'm a pour.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

I feel like the sea level just receded a bit

Triggered, Old Man.
    Old Man and the Sea was a literary classic. Race was there.
    Hemingway is reserved for Pumpy. I was going more for the Moses of the bored.

That part where He told those filthy apes to "Let my People Go!!" is Cinematic Gold!!!!!
    Was that after the chariot race scene? I can't remember.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2018
    salemcoog said:

BearsWiin said:

Shooting ICBM's towards Japan and Hawaii isn't containment.

Something will have to give eventually.
    OMG!!! Khrushchev has missiles!

Race was there
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

BearsWiin said:

Shooting ICBM's towards Japan and Hawaii isn't containment.

Something will have to give eventually.
    OMG!!! Khrushchev has missiles!

Race was there
    Yeah but we were TUFF and traded got those missiles out of Cuber.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2018

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

N. Korea is not giving up its nukes. If by some miracle they feigned it, you could bet your stupid asses that others were hidden elsewhere. It's pretty much the only thing that shit of a country has going for it.

Disagree! Did you see those cheeerleaders?
    No. But thanks for the pic
    You better turn that WTF into a chin.

Just noticed all the little commie chicks are in unison, and there is one retarded guy who is all fucked up. Like Korean version of @BallzDeep off.
    lol that slow clap
    It's hard.

When you're starving.
    gRUNDLE proceed!

However NMTE, We do need @AZDuck to crisp up the Korean cheerleaders.
  • Options

@BearsWiin

Get started on dinner please

Heey Mr. Early Bird Special you'll have to wait a bit 'cause I have to go carpool kids on the Westside, sorry
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

@BearsWiin

Heey Mr. Early Bird Special you'll have to wait a bit 'cause I have to go carpool kids on the Westside, sorry
    There's a West and East side down there? I thought was all just Bay side.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

@BearsWiin

Westside is pretty much anything west of Chestnut. Chestnut to Ocean is Downtown, and east of Ocean is Eastside (Seabright and Live Oak). Then comes Soquel/Capitola. We're in Aptos/RDM, which is the fucking sticks to Santa Cruzians. Took an hour to go 13 miles today, which is pretty good for a Friday.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2018
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

@BearsWiin

Westside is pretty much anything west of Chestnut. Chestnut to Ocean is Downtown, and east of Ocean is Eastside (Seabright and Live Oak). Then comes Soquel/Capitola. We're in Aptos/RDM, which is the fucking sticks to Santa Cruzians. Took an hour to go 13 miles today, which is pretty good for a Friday.

Obligatory: You sound poor.
  • Options
    pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

@BearsWiin

Obligatory: You sound pour.
    I just wish the charter school were a little closer, instead of being on the west end of the fucking Westside. I also wish that ten years ago the fucking denizens of the county had voted for the measure to widen the freeway, but the leftist anti-growth asshats and the right-wing anti-tax fuckfaces got together and voted down the one infrastructure project proposal that would have improved traffic and QOL for all of us.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Swaye said:

N. Korea is not giving up its nukes. If by some miracle they feigned it, you could bet your stupid asses that others were hidden elsewhere. It's pretty much the only thing that shit of a country has going for it.

Disagree! Did you see those cheeerleaders?
    I'm out of my asian phase man. Check back with me in 9 months.
    You love the cock.

Never left that phase.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2018
    BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

@BearsWiin

I just wish the charter school were a little closer, instead of being on the west end of the fucking Westside. I also wish that ten years ago the fucking denizens of the county had voted for the measure to widen the freeway, but the leftist anti-growth asshats and the right-wing anti-tax fuckfaces got together and voted down the one infrastructure project proposal that would have improved traffic and QOL for all of us.
    Just be thankful you're not running the carpool from Salinas.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just stop at Casa de frutas and kill 3 hours while traffic dies down.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

@BearsWiin

@AZDuck says running trains much better.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

@BearsWiin

When we were looking for a house the MIL suggested that we buy something in Aromas/Prunedale, because those areas were ripe for gentrification. Sixteen years later they're still shitholes out in the fucking boonies. Very happy with the seaside golf course suburban bubble that we ended up choosing, even if the school we ended up sending the kids is far away. Don't actually care much for Santa Cruz proper.