Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Abortion

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
Since the Tug is a little slow today:

Murder? How so? Ok in cases of rape/incest?

Also, if you think so, what are you doing here? Why are you not down at the clinics exercising your second amendment rights to bear arms and interfere in what amounts to murder? Isn't it the moral equivalent of standing by while a day care center down the street practices youth-in-asia?

Genuinely (not really) curious what you fuck faces think about this.

PS: American private enterprise can build highways you dumb fucks.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing the Reverend Graham will lie in honor in the Capital Rotunda. Paul Ryan just announced this. Just what I'm hearing so don't twist.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We are a nation of laws
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Always been a fan.

Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm more into retroactive abortions myself but to each his own
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Let's just defund planned Parenthood since they sell dead babies and shit.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Let's just defund planned Parenthood since they sell dead babies and shit.

Hence my position
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2018

Murder? Yes How so? Ends the life of a human. Having sat in on my wife's sonograms, I can't imagine someone ending those little lives. Having had many friends and family members who have dealt with miscarriages (and the stillbirth of a nephew), I can tell you those were deaths of real lives to those parents.

This is a chinteresting piece on how modern scientific technology is boosting the arguments against abortion.

Ok in cases of rape/incest? Not sure. Hard to justify. Also hard to tell someone who's been violated that they have to pay the price for nine more months for something they haven't done. If it was my wife/daughter I'd probably tell them it best to still have the baby if they can find the courage. I wouldn't campaign for it to be illegal in those cases though. And I believe it's absolutely justifiable to abort a baby to save the mother's life, though you didn't bring that up.

Also, if you think so, what are you doing here? Why are you not down at the clinics exercising your second amendment rights to bear arms and interfere in what amounts to murder? Isn't it the moral equivalent of standing by while a day care center down the street practices youth-in-asia?

This is a chinteresting argument. Usually I and others like me get told we care too damn much about abortion. You're saying we don't care enough. You may be right. Personally I care about it a lot. I support pro life groups, especially those who promote the womb to tomb model. I advocate for adoption. I have had many conversations with people of all types about my reasoning on abortion. I'd say it's my largest political concern.

That one issue still wasn't big enough to get me to vote for Donald Trump though.

"I don't get it"

dnc said:

Murder? Yes How so? Ends the life of a human. Having sat in on my wife's sonograms, I can't imagine someone ending those little lives. Having had many friends and family members who have dealt with miscarriages (and the stillbirth of a nephew), I can tell you those were deaths of real lives to those parents.

This is a chinteresting piece on how modern scientific technology is boosting the arguments against abortion.

Ok in cases of rape/incest? Not sure. Hard to justify. Also hard to tell someone who's been violated that they have to pay the price for nine more months for something they haven't done. If it was my wife/daughter I'd probably tell them it best to still have the baby if they can find the courage. I wouldn't campaign for it to be illegal in those cases though. And I believe it's absolutely justifiable to abort a baby to save the mother's life, though you didn't bring that up.

This is a chinteresting argument. Usually I and others like me get told we care too damn much about abortion. You're saying we don't care enough. You may be right. Personally I care about it a lot. I support pro life groups, especially those who promote the womb to tomb model. I advocate for adoption. I have had many conversations with people of all types about my reasoning on abortion. I'd say it's my largest political concern.

That one issue still wasn't big enough to get me to vote for Donald Trump though.

"I don't get it"

You do know that once past the age of viability, that it's federally illegal to have an abortion, right?

Not saying I agree with abortion. But there's a common perception that you can have abortions at any time and that's not true.
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

"I don't get it"

You do know that once past the age of viability, that it's federally illegal to have an abortion, right?

Not saying I agree with abortion. But there's a common perception that you can have abortions at any time and that's not true.
    What does this have to do with anything I said?
    Swaye said:

Without abortion we'd have more losers than we already have.

This is undoubtedly true.

But enough about Hondo and Sledog's kids.
    Swaye said:

Without abortion we'd have more losers than we already have.

Nothing says "poor womb environment" like a vacuum to the face.

Why do you hate fast strategy athletes?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It should never happen after 20 weeks unless there's a valid medical reason for it.

That said, there were some right wingnuts who used to protest at a clinic about a mile from my crib. Idiots. Get a life. I also don't care for all the slutbags with VD who get free ones at PP, but I suppose it beats more products of single moms many of whom are a drain on society.

Also, overblown intentionally divisive issue, and people who vote exclusively or mostly on it are morons
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

"I don't get it"

What else does Hillary want us to know about what your mother should have done?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    If you are against abortion you should be in favor of cheap and easily accessible birth control. If you support abstinence only education you are retarded.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    If I don't want to pay for the kid then you should be forced to get an abortion.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

"I don't get it"

Chris Hitchens used to say that at a certain point the fetus deserved a say in its right to live. As a practical matter I think it should be safe, rare and legal early on. But I think anything after 10-12 weeks is morally and ethically wrong unless Mom's health is danger or birth defects are probable.

I don't have a uterus but I married someone who does and have been to plenty of pre 12 week ultrasounds. It's a living being at that point which should have rights.
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

"I don't get it"

What does this have to do with anything I said?
    Just adding to the discussion when you are talking about sonograms and still births.

If you are against abortion you should be in favor of cheap and easily accessible birth control. If you support abstinence only education you are retarded.

i'm in