Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Adidas is pitching UW today

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    So did the nazis win?
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

For the record; like anyone gives a shit: I don't believe Nike is intentionally fucking up our unis necessarily. I just despise black fucking sleeves. If sleeve color is our biggest issue, I can fucking deal with it. BowDownToTheFuckingBlackSleeves

So, according to you, Nike is unintentionally fucking up the unis. Intentional or not, you’re blaming the swoosh.

Further, you questioned whether the AD with balls as big as her tits liked the black sleeves. If she didn’t want them, UW wouldn’t have them. Again, leading one to believe you think Nike is at fault.

Now fuck off.
    So by your logic Nike has nothing to do with the Nike uniforms the UW wears? That's a ridiculous suggestion. The designer (Nike) and their design professionals, with input from the Client (UW), likely put several concepts together for the UW to consider and select from. Yes, both Designer and Client have a role in the process.

What I am suggesting is that the uniforms introduced 4 years ago (with black incorporated) may or may not be what the UW wants to continue to roll out on the field. Further, If Cohen and the UW liked black so much why did they elect not to wear the black alternates in 17 as in previous years? Not black pants, jerseys, or helmets...Not once! I don't really care who designed it or who approved it, I just want the black sleeves to go away finally, just like the purple helmets did. It looks bad. That was my only point though-out this thread that your senile mind can't grasp for some unknown reason.
    It works like this:

- Nike designs unis.
    - Nike shares designs with UW.
    - UW says yes or no. Including whether or not to have fucking black sleeves.

I’d rather be senile than be a dumbfuck with no excuse.
    I'm glad you agree with me.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

For the record; like anyone gives a shit: I don't believe Nike is intentionally fucking up our unis necessarily. I just despise black fucking sleeves. If sleeve color is our biggest issue, I can fucking deal with it. BowDownToTheFuckingBlackSleeves

So, according to you, Nike is unintentionally fucking up the unis. Intentional or not, you’re blaming the swoosh.

Further, you questioned whether the AD with balls as big as her tits liked the black sleeves. If she didn’t want them, UW wouldn’t have them. Again, leading one to believe you think Nike is at fault.

Now fuck off.
    So by your logic Nike has nothing to do with the Nike uniforms the UW wears? That's a ridiculous suggestion. The designer (Nike) and their design professionals, with input from the Client (UW), likely put several concepts together for the UW to consider and select from. Yes, both Designer and Client have a role in the process.

What I am suggesting is that the uniforms introduced 4 years ago (with black incorporated) may or may not be what the UW wants to continue to roll out on the field. Further, If Cohen and the UW liked black so much why did they elect not to wear the black alternates in 17 as in previous years? Not black pants, jerseys, or helmets...Not once! I don't really care who designed it or who approved it, I just want the black sleeves to go away finally, just like the purple helmets did. It looks bad. That was my only point though-out this thread that your senile mind can't grasp for some unknown reason.
    It works like this:

- Nike designs unis.
    - Nike shares designs with UW.
    - UW says yes or no. Including whether or not to have fucking black sleeves.

I’d rather be senile than be a dumbfuck with no excuse.

it works like this, to be precise:

- Nike serves us a proposal for UW to sign that identifies the scope of work
    - UW gives Nike a creative brief
    - Nike interprets it the way they want to interpret it
    - Nike delivers 10-20 design options to UW as per the scope of work (typically the final part of Phase 1 of a 4 phase project) and excitedly tells UW how awesome each design is and how it fits the brief bang on.
    - UW then, as per the brief leading into Phase 2 selects 2-3 designs and gives some feedback
    - Nike refines the designs in Phase 2 and delivers the aforementioned 2-3 designs with refinements for UW to select one design to take to design finalization (Phase 3).
    - UW picks one and provides final feedback
    - Nike makes final round of edits and delivers back to UW for sign-off (or one more round of refinements if there is begging and pleading AND additional budget).
    - UW signs off
    - Phase 4 - Nike runs designs through production (slapping it onto various collateral materials and applying to different substrates (helmets, uniforms, golf carts (RIP), clip boards, beer bottle labels (I wish), etc).

So really, UW is not in as much control as you like to think they are. If Nike comes back with ~15 Phase 1 designs that are basically meh, that is your starting point.

To think that Nike is jacked up to make UW look amaze-balls is a joke. Do you think the UW marketing department plays hardball with their marketing vendors? Who the fuck do you think selected (and paid for) Crazy Larry?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What's the point of being a rich fuck like Uncle Phil if you can't fuck over your rival just a little bit?

Power is power.

It's only doogy if you think the uniforms have any impact on the games.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    USMChawk said:

That's quite the schnoz you have @USMChawk.

@Mad_Son, true?!
    I look Jewish? That’s why all those Muslims wanted to kill me...

I want to kill you and I’m not even a Muslim!
  • TheDawgFan1227TheDawgFan1227 Member Posts: 335
    Im still wearing my all white k swiss shoes and baby blue unc fitted with the foot in the back. Lets have k swiss make our shit.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

USMChawk said:

That's quite the schnoz you have @USMChawk.

@Mad_Son, true?!
    I look Jewish? That’s why all those Muslims wanted to kill me...

I want to kill you and I’m not even a Muslim!
    Call for genocide?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

Bread said:

Just dropped by my local middle school. Champion is the hot brand with the next generation. If we want to be a power house in the 2020s we better switch to Champion.

This is true. I had a $7.00 Champion sweatshirt, from the early 90’s, that I wore when I was leaving the gym or doing yard work; it’s pretty ratty. My 16 year old daughter discovered it in an old gym bag and now wears it nonstop. It’s amazing how many compliments her friends give her.

Pics.
    Sure.

I’d fuck you...
    You don’t sound like my wife.

YBFE
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

Bread said:

Just dropped by my local middle school. Champion is the hot brand with the next generation. If we want to be a power house in the 2020s we better switch to Champion.

This is true. I had a $7.00 Champion sweatshirt, from the early 90’s, that I wore when I was leaving the gym or doing yard work; it’s pretty ratty. My 16 year old daughter discovered it in an old gym bag and now wears it nonstop. It’s amazing how many compliments her friends give her.

Pics.
    Sure.

I’d fuck you...

YBFE
    Young Black Female Entrepreneur?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

Bread said:

Pics.
    Sure.

I’d fuck you...

YBFE
    Young Black Female Entrepreneur?
    Your Best Fucking Effort

It's roughly analogous to Bravo Zulu, but for the degenerates here.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Under Armour did a really good job with Cal’s unis.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Tequilla said:

I’ve always tended to like Adidas products a little better ... although Nike generally owns the basketball shoe market.

Personally, I’d like to see us disassociate with Nike purely because of the Knight/Oregon relationship. Both Nike/Adidas are HQ’ed in Portland and I could see a deal with UW being a strategic priority for Adidas.

Given that Nike didn’t make a realistic offer outside of re-upping at essentially the existing terms, Adidas COULD have gotten away with a slightly less attractive offer than what they made.

It’s very clear to me that Adidas made this deal a very strategic priority for them in the NW ... strong business done there
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

True. My 14 yo son just dropped $250 for a fucking Champion/Supreme collab hoody.