Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Adidas is pitching UW today

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

TheHB said:

I prefer Adidas to Nike ever since Run DMC rocked the stage in the 80's and more so now with Nike U just a few hours south of us. That said, Adidas did some nasty stuff to UCLA and Nebraska's classic uni's. I'd hate for it to get weirder than it already is now with our unis. Can we get back to the classic look finally? Or at the very least get rid of the black sleeves at home for the love of god. I don't mind an alternate from time to time...but black sleeves?

If Jen didn’t want black sleeves,UW wouldn’t have black sleeves. HTH
    THANK YOU!

"Nike fucks up our uniforms because Oregon" is the biggest, longest running and most pervasive doog myth out there. UW has as much control over uniforms as they want to have. If UW had issues with the uniforms, Nike would change them, or wouldn't have produced them in the first place.

Nike is fucking global branding expert. They aren't fucking up their brand to carry out the CEO's personal vendetta.
    Great post
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

I prefer Adidas to Nike ever since Run DMC rocked the stage in the 80's and more so now with Nike U just a few hours south of us. That said, Adidas did some nasty stuff to UCLA and Nebraska's classic uni's. I'd hate for it to get weirder than it already is now with our unis. Can we get back to the classic look finally? Or at the very least get rid of the black sleeves at home for the love of god. I don't mind an alternate from time to time...but black sleeves?

So you're telling me that you're confident Jen likes black sleeves...I have my doubts. We'll see how black the sleeves are in 18.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

TheHB said:

THANK YOU!

"Nike fucks up our uniforms because Oregon" is the biggest, longest running and most pervasive doog myth out there. UW has as much control over uniforms as they want to have. If UW had issues with the uniforms, Nike would change them, or wouldn't have produced them in the first place.

Nike is fucking global branding expert. They aren't fucking up their brand to carry out the CEO's personal vendetta.
    you're half right. They aren't fucking up their brand...they're fucking up our? brand. When we got weak and small they just started squeezing our throat and flicking our ear precisely because the CEO has a personal vendetta.

I know you think the adult world doesn't work this way, but it does because guys like Phil Knight get to the top precisely because they do play ruthlessly. He's worried about the press coverage of little poor brown kids making shoes for millionaire athletes but he still does is. He wants Washington to fucking squirm. Our uniforms are one of Uncle Phil's little fun projects.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,686
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Just dropped by my local middle school. Champion is the hot brand with the next generation. If we want to be a power house in the 2020s we better switch to Champion.

What about your restraining order?
    For the record; like anyone gives a shit: I don't believe Nike is intentionally fucking up our unis necessarily. I just despise black fucking sleeves. If sleeve color is our biggest issue, I can fucking deal with it. BowDownToTheFuckingBlackSleeves
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,686
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

TheHB said:

THANK YOU!

I still blame Oregon for making uncreative and stupid people at UW chase them down the rabbit hole

Oregon was unique when they started doing this shit. It was a huge part of a brand they were making on the fly. It worked

Copy cats never work as well as the original. We could copy the programs that make very little change to their classics. Harder to find these days as stalwarts such s tOSU and USC do alts now.

There is nothing like the Crimson Tide taking the field.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Adidas is huge for basketball. It's the main reason our basketball recruiting is nuts now.

Don't want you fuckers watering it down.
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

So you're telling me that you're confident Jen likes black sleeves...I have my doubts. We'll see how black the sleeves are in 18.
    No. But UW controls how UW uniforms look.
    Swaye's Wigwam

For the record; like anyone gives a shit: I don't believe Nike is intentionally fucking up our unis necessarily. I just despise black fucking sleeves. If sleeve color is our biggest issue, I can fucking deal with it. BowDownToTheFuckingBlackSleeves

You still don’t get it
    TheHB said:

You still don’t get it

Not much to "get". I don't like the black sleeves. End of story.

• BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    let me hijack my own thread here, but have you seen WSU's deal? jesus christ. they might as well be paying Nike.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    BlowItUp said:

let me hijack my own thread here, but have you seen WSU's deal? jesus christ. they might as well be paying Nike.

Nike should make them pay.

Fucking sellouts. They should rock with Champion. Those were their best unis.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

dnc said:

TheHB said:

THANK YOU!

you're half right. They aren't fucking up their brand...they're fucking up our? brand. When we got weak and small they just started squeezing our throat and flicking our ear precisely because the CEO has a personal vendetta.

I know you think the adult world doesn't work this way, but it does because guys like Phil Knight get to the top precisely because they do play ruthlessly. He's worried about the press coverage of little poor brown kids making shoes for millionaire athletes but he still does is. He wants Washington to fucking squirm. Our uniforms are one of Uncle Phil's little fun projects.
    This is fucking retarded. Phil Knight hasn't even been the CEO since 2006, and the board would have booted him a lot sooner if they thought he was playing with the bottom line to try to screw over a college football program. Which he would never do, of course, because he's only interested in maximizing his billions of dollars in Nike shares.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    I worry that Addidas would fuck up our uniforms more than Nike has.