Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kayvon Thibodeaux, 5* 2019 BUCK, Westlake Village (Oaks Christian), CA

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2018
    Well, we’re never going to get that guy.

Of course like a glutton for punishment I had to watch his video. Kill me.

Just pray that Jimmy Lake - with his new defensive coordinator title - has the ability to recruit ALL positions as well as he recruits DBs. If recruits at other positions still view him as a DBs guy then we are phucked.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    prayingforkayvon.gif
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    We have no chance. Burn it all down.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,464
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Buck? He gone.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Buck? He gone.

Buck Off
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664

Gave a fair amount of love for UW. Interview with him started around the 27 min mark. With his visits taking place in summer we may even get past his hang up over the weather, and Peterman can sell him on setting him up for life after football. #doogitup
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Shocking that Biggins went out of his way to bring up USC as a potential landing spot when KT didn’t mention them in his top schools...
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    pat_hm said:

Shocking that Biggins went out of his way to bring up USC as a potential landing spot when KT didn’t mention them in his top schools...

It's almost like a reporter's job is to axe the questions his readers are going to axe him.
  • Options
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

It's almost like a reporter's job is to axe the questions his readers are going to axe him.
    Disagree. He asked KT what his top schools are and he gave a thorough response. If KT was seriously interested in what Clay Helton and the USC program offered he would have mentioned them in his response to Biggins initial question when he mentioned 8+ schools. Biggins title is National Recruiting Analyst. He has a reputation for giving preferential treatment to the USC's and UCLA's of the world. With that said, USC is probably where he's going anyways so it's a moot point.

My point is USC has enough of an advantage down here that they don't need national recruiting analyst's going out of their way to bring up their school. He could have just as easily mentioned Oregon, Ohio State or A&M. As you can tell i'm not a big Biggins guy. The majority of his relationships are with high school coaches that exclusively send their kids to USC. He's not a friend of Washington.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    Y’all are dwelling on the wrong things, when asked where he plans on visiting this summer UW was on his list, he said when talking about what he looks for in a school he said they are all selling the same thing but he wants to be set up for life after football as well (OKG much?), and when asked what schools are recruiting the hardest or making big impressions UW was again on the list.

Biggest concern with northern schools was weather because if it’s raining qb’s aren’t passing so less sack opportunities. If you compare run att/pass att on our defense vs SC you have UW- 459/417, SC-510/475, a negligible difference that maybe someone like Dennis can share with him. Pair that with elite DB play and disruptive big NT’s and he will have plenty of opportunities.

He will also visit when the PNW is beautiful and the south is a hit as hell.

I trust in Peterman and Lakes
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Y’all are dwelling on the wrong things, when asked where he plans on visiting this summer UW was on his list, he said when talking about what he looks for in a school he said they are all selling the same thing but he wants to be set up for life after football as well (OKG much?), and when asked what schools are recruiting the hardest or making big impressions UW was again on the list.

Biggest concern with northern schools was weather because if it’s raining qb’s aren’t passing so less sack opportunities. If you compare run att/pass att on our defense vs SC you have UW- 459/417, SC-510/475, a negligible difference that maybe someone like Dennis can share with him. Pair that with elite DB play and disruptive big NT’s and he will have plenty of opportunities.

He will also visit when the PNW is beautiful and the south is a hit as hell.

I trust in Peterman and Lakes

After listening I actually think we have a legit shot at minimum to get a visit. The Lake/Petersen combo gives me hope. This kid gets it. 4.0 GPA, transferred from Dorsey to better prepare himself for the next level. Isn't enamored with USC. Really impressive individual. He'll be successful no matter what happens on the football field.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

Disagree. He asked KT what his top schools are and he gave a thorough response. If KT was seriously interested in what Clay Helton and the USC program offered he would have mentioned them in his response to Biggins initial question when he mentioned 8+ schools. Biggins title is National Recruiting Analyst. He has a reputation for giving preferential treatment to the USC's and UCLA's of the world. With that said, USC is probably where he's going anyways so it's a moot point.

My point is USC has enough of an advantage down here that they don't need national recruiting analyst's going out of their way to bring up their school. He could have just as easily mentioned Oregon, Ohio State or A&M. As you can tell i'm not a big Biggins guy. The majority of his relationships are with high school coaches that exclusively send their kids to USC. He's not a friend of Washington.
    Last time i checked Biggins is trying to make a living. If he can invite a fanbase like USC into thinking they have a chance on anything he's talking about it's smart business to ask and see the result. It's pretty simple to assume he'll get asked by USC honks what their chances are and now he has an answer from the kid himself. It's not like if biggins asked him he all of a sudden will now decide that USC is where he should go.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Flagged for “last tim I checked”
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Gave a fair amount of love for UW. Interview with him started around the 27 min mark. With his visits taking place in summer we may even get past his hang up over the weather, and Peterman can sell him on setting him up for life after football. #doogitup
    Whoever does the production for that Podcast should be fired, preferably in a parking lot.

It sounds like garbage.
This discussion has been closed.