Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recent UW Recruiting vs. Conference in historical context

Despite not landing Martin, the 2018 class was a big time step up for the Huskies.

Landing another class similar to 2018 (or even 2017) would put us(?) on a competitive footing vs. conference opponents that has seldom, if ever, been seen before. Yes, we all have bigger ambitions than that, but gaining a meaningful on paper talent advantage vs. everybody in the conference besides USC, UCLA and maybe Stanford would be a very good place to start. Petersen's superior evaluation and development should do the rest. Especially now that we don't have the expectation that Smith will hobble the offense. Yes, Browning is still the QB, but for only one more season. In other words, 2019 looks like it could be special.

Anyway, I compiled the data (using Rivals rankings) for the past decade or so and looked at individual classes and the rolling 4 year average in terms of average stars per recruit and blue chip (4 & 5 stars) percentage. I also adjusted the average recruiting stars to the conference average, in order to see relative advantage/disadvantage. CU and Utah joined in 2014, but I retroactively included them in the averages to make sure there wasn't an unwarranted bump in the conference comparisons (since they were both recruiting worse than the Pac-12 average at the time they entered the conference--and still are).

Comments