Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why this isn't like Watergate

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018
    Yay.

You must have missed the part about fucking off.

Try again, dumbfuck Republican apologist faggot.

You were a FISA court and Patriot Act fan back in the day and now you pretend only one side of the aisle is crooked enough to abuse both of them.

If you want to be a bigger faggot, Sledog might be able to help. You're already at maximum fag, though.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,953
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2018
    Bravo...further proof it was too long for "Hey you are a 'fag' for pointing out I'm dumb" to comprehend...
  • Options

Bravo...further proof it was too long for "Hey you are a 'fag' for pointing out I'm dumb" to comprehend...

Further proof you're a faggot.

If you just walked around with a cock in your mouth you wouldn't have to spend so much time posting stuff that fits your narrative and ignoring anything that doesn't.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    but, but.... Patriot Act, FISA courts. dflea trying to deflect from his long standing Obama/Clinton regime support now that those criminals are being exposed daily.
  • Options

but, but.... Patriot Act, FISA courts. dflea trying to deflect from his long standing Obama/Clinton regime support now that those criminals are being exposed daily.

Never voted for Obama, never voted for Clinton.

It was a cool story other than that though.

Keep sucking the cock in front of you, boy.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

A long but great article by Andrew McCarthy (former assistant US Attorney) detailing the various frauds from the FISA aspect.

I'm sure its too long for Boobs and flea to comprehend and we already know there is no hope for HondoFS and Cirrhosis of the brain...

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456287/grassley-graham-memo-affirms-nunes-memo-fisa-steele-dossier

a few excerpts...

As I outlined at greater length last week (here, in section C), in applying for a warrant, the government must establish the reliability of the informants who witnessed the alleged facts claimed to support a probable-cause finding. Steele was not one of those witnesses. He is not the source of the facts. He is the purveyor of the sources — anonymous Russians, much of whose alleged information is based on hearsay, sometimes multiple steps removed from direct knowledge. Steele has not been in Russia since his cover as a British spy was blown nearly 20 years ago. He has sources, who have sources, who have sources . . . and so on. None of his information is better than third-hand; most of it is more attenuated than that.

Let that sink in, then think about this contrast: No actual FBI agent, no matter how renowned, would be able to get a judicial warrant based solely on his own reliability as an investigator. Jim Comey, despite having a résumé geometrically more impressive than Steele’s, including Senate confirmations to some of federal law-enforcement’s loftiest positions, would not be given a warrant based on representations to the court that the FBI, the Justice Department, the president, and the Senate all attested to his impeccable reliability. The only reliability that counts is the reliability of the factual informants, not of the investigator who purports to channel the informants. The judge wants to know why the court should believe the specific factual claims: Was the informant truly in a position to witness what is alleged, and if so, does the informant have a track record of providing verified information? The track record of the investigator who locates the sources is beside the point. A judge would need to know whether Steele’s sources were reliable, not whether Steele himself was reliable.

In fact, they kept telling the FISA court he was reliable even after Steele himself admitted to a British court that his dossier wasn’t at all reliable.

What’s that? Am I kidding? No.

Even though there was still no meaningful corroboration of Steele’s sources after months of investigation, even though Steele had lied to them, the FBI and Justice Department represented again and again, in April and June 2017, that the FISA court could confidently bank on Steele’s reliability. By early 2017, however, Steele was being sued for libel in Britain, among other places, by people accused of misconduct in the dossier.

Truth is a defense to libel. Suffice it to say, it was not Steele’s defense.

I spent many months assuring people that nothing like this could ever happen — that the FBI and Justice Department would not countenance the provision to the FISA court of uncorroborated allegations of heinous misconduct. When Trump enthusiasts accused them of rigging the process, I countered that they probably had not even used the Steele dossier. If the Justice Department had used it in writing a FISA warrant application, I insisted that the FBI would independently verify any important facts presented to the court, make any disclosures that ought in fairness be made so the judge could evaluate the credibility of the sources, and compellingly demonstrate probable cause before alleging that an American was a foreign agent.

I was wrong.

Way to cherry pick McCarthy from NRO. Why don’t you quote Shapiro, Williamson, French or Goldberg, all NRO columnists, on the same memos and topic? You don’t like their analysis on NRO but like McCarthy’s so you repost it?

As @YellowSnow and @dflea have posted, there’s a lot of information still to come. One obvious conclusion to be drawn as of today, however, is that you are full of shit.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2018

Its simple...in Watergate you had Republicans that looked at what happened and said they didn't approve.

Now no matter what laws were broken and whatever happened you won't see a single Democrat look at the same thing and say it was wrong. They will defend their own until the bitter end...hell look at HondoFS, boobs and Cirrhosis of the brain as examples...

Seriously dood. If there were only one single thing with which I'd take issue with the current republican party, it would be that.

Other than McCain, and once in a while, depending on just how far off the reservation (sorry Swaye) the administration has gone, another one or two lone Rs standing in the way, this is party politics today. Please regale me with tales of Ryan and the other Hitler youth standing against the tide. Jeebus you could have picked almost any other issue.

I won't say the Ds are any better, but come on. The former party of Reagan, now the party of dim-witted tea baggers, will support anyfuckingthing that comes out the banana play book.

There is literally zero room for maneuver on this one.

PS: if anything, the left has eaten, and will eat, their own. Axe Weinstein or one of the other numerous Hollywood and other placed men who are now being called to the carpet for being too handsy in the past. Those fuckers will ruin anybody, regardless of party affiliation.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Why doesn't Trump release the memo? What is he afraid of?
  • Options

Its simple...in Watergate you had Republicans that looked at what happened and said they didn't approve.

Now no matter what laws were broken and whatever happened you won't see a single Democrat look at the same thing and say it was wrong. They will defend their own until the bitter end...hell look at HondoFS, boobs and Cirrhosis of the brain as examples...

Seriously dood. If there were only one single thing with which I'd take issue with the current republican party, it would be that.

Other than McCain, and once in a while, depending on just how far off the reservation (sorry Swaye) the administration has gone, another one or two lone Rs standing in the way, this is party politics today. Please regale me with tales of Ryan and the other Hitler youth standing against the tide. Jeebus you could have picked almost any other issue.

I won't say the Ds are any better, but come on. The former party of Reagan, now the party of dim-witted tea baggers, will support anyfuckingthing that comes out the banana play book.

PS: if anything, the left has eaten, and will eat, their own. Axe Weinstein or one of the other numerous Hollywood and other placed men who are now being called to the carpet for being too handsy in the past. Those fuckers will ruin anybody, regardless of party affiliation.
    Your confusing politics with law...politically you can bitch about both sides CYA and that's fine (not sure how that's applicable to the many Repubs that have and do disagree with Trump but whatever). But to rope the IRS into political attacks, interfering/killing investigations into painfully obvious breaches of law, and starting fake investigations because you don't like somebody is something completely different.

But why sweat the details...
  • Options

Your confusing politics with law...politically you can bitch about both sides CYA and that's fine (not sure how that's applicable to the many Repubs that have and do disagree with Trump but whatever). But to rope the IRS into political attacks, interfering/killing investigations into painfully obvious breaches of law, and starting fake investigations because you don't like somebody is something completely different.

But why sweat the details...
    “Your confusing politics with law... politically you can bith about both sides CYA and that’s fine..”

(Holy fuck this is so stupid even turd buffer is ashamed. Shall we continue?)

Never trumpers
    IRS
    Obvious breaches of law
    Fake investigations

It’s all there. Do you understand why no one takes you seriously?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I think it's fair to say Ran Paul isn't a 'yes man' either...
  • Options
    edited February 2018

A long but great article by Andrew McCarthy (former assistant US Attorney) detailing the various frauds from the FISA aspect.

I'm sure its too long for Boobs and flea to comprehend and we already know there is no hope for HondoFS and Cirrhosis of the brain...

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456287/grassley-graham-memo-affirms-nunes-memo-fisa-steele-dossier

a few excerpts...

As I outlined at greater length last week (here, in section C), in applying for a warrant, the government must establish the reliability of the informants who witnessed the alleged facts claimed to support a probable-cause finding. Steele was not one of those witnesses. He is not the source of the facts. He is the purveyor of the sources — anonymous Russians, much of whose alleged information is based on hearsay, sometimes multiple steps removed from direct knowledge. Steele has not been in Russia since his cover as a British spy was blown nearly 20 years ago. He has sources, who have sources, who have sources . . . and so on. None of his information is better than third-hand; most of it is more attenuated than that.

Let that sink in, then think about this contrast: No actual FBI agent, no matter how renowned, would be able to get a judicial warrant based solely on his own reliability as an investigator. Jim Comey, despite having a résumé geometrically more impressive than Steele’s, including Senate confirmations to some of federal law-enforcement’s loftiest positions, would not be given a warrant based on representations to the court that the FBI, the Justice Department, the president, and the Senate all attested to his impeccable reliability. The only reliability that counts is the reliability of the factual informants, not of the investigator who purports to channel the informants. The judge wants to know why the court should believe the specific factual claims: Was the informant truly in a position to witness what is alleged, and if so, does the informant have a track record of providing verified information? The track record of the investigator who locates the sources is beside the point. A judge would need to know whether Steele’s sources were reliable, not whether Steele himself was reliable.

In fact, they kept telling the FISA court he was reliable even after Steele himself admitted to a British court that his dossier wasn’t at all reliable.

Even though there was still no meaningful corroboration of Steele’s sources after months of investigation, even though Steele had lied to them, the FBI and Justice Department represented again and again, in April and June 2017, that the FISA court could confidently bank on Steele’s reliability. By early 2017, however, Steele was being sued for libel in Britain, among other places, by people accused of misconduct in the dossier.

I spent many months assuring people that nothing like this could ever happen — that the FBI and Justice Department would not countenance the provision to the FISA court of uncorroborated allegations of heinous misconduct. When Trump enthusiasts accused them of rigging the process, I countered that they probably had not even used the Steele dossier. If the Justice Department had used it in writing a FISA warrant application, I insisted that the FBI would independently verify any important facts presented to the court, make any disclosures that ought in fairness be made so the judge could evaluate the credibility of the sources, and compellingly demonstrate probable cause before alleging that an American was a foreign agent.

I was wrong.

Way to cherry pick McCarthy from NRO. Why don’t you quote Shapiro, Williamson, French or Goldberg, all NRO columnists, on the same memos and topic? You don’t like their analysis on NRO but like McCarthy’s so you repost it?

As @YellowSnow and @dflea have posted, there’s a lot of information still to come. One obvious conclusion to be drawn as of today, however, is that you are full of shit.
    National Review is not a fan of Trump, but do you mean things like this from Williamson:
    http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455847/fbi-bias-trump-criticism-justified-sometimes

Or like this from Goldberg right before the memo came out?
    But let’s assume, again for argument’s sake, that the Obama administration knew the dossier was garbage and used it anyway to get a warrant. Let’s also assume they had no other evidence to bring to the court. That would be very bad indeed. But here’s the thing: That scenario is very unlikely.
    (turned out to be true)
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/455905/fisa-memo-fbi-releasethememo-few-thoughts

They all said the same thing McCarthy said for a year + (until the Grassley memo came out)...there is no way the FBI depended on just the fake Dossier for the FISA warrent, etc.

Or, a McCarthy said:
    When Trump enthusiasts accused them of rigging the process, I countered that they probably had not even used the Steele dossier. If the Justice Department had used it in writing a FISA warrant application, I insisted that the FBI would independently verify any important facts presented to the court, make any disclosures that ought in fairness be made so the judge could evaluate the credibility of the sources, and compellingly demonstrate probable cause before alleging that an American was a foreign agent.

I was wrong.

Keep it up lapdog...
  • Options

a few excerpts...

I was wrong.

National Review is not a fan of Trump, but do you mean things like this from Williamson:
    http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455847/fbi-bias-trump-criticism-justified-sometimes

Or like this from Goldberg right before the memo came out?
    But let’s assume, again for argument’s sake, that the Obama administration knew the dossier was garbage and used it anyway to get a warrant. Let’s also assume they had no other evidence to bring to the court. That would be very bad indeed. But here’s the thing: That scenario is very unlikely.
    (turned out to be true)
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/455905/fisa-memo-fbi-releasethememo-few-thoughts

They all said the same thing McCarthy said for a year + (until the Grassley memo came out)...there is no way the FBI depended on just the fake Dossier for the FISA warrent, etc.

Or, a McCarthy said:
    When Trump enthusiasts accused them of rigging the process, I countered that they probably had not even used the Steele dossier. If the Justice Department had used it in writing a FISA warrant application, I insisted that the FBI would independently verify any important facts presented to the court, make any disclosures that ought in fairness be made so the judge could evaluate the credibility of the sources, and compellingly demonstrate probable cause before alleging that an American was a foreign agent.

I was wrong.

Keep it up lapdog...
    Yes, I mean all of that, and everything else NRO published that you left out. If you were an honest or smart person you would read and post it all. You’re not.

Is this bigger than watergate? Did the evil genius HRC spy on trump? This is treason? Won’t somebody do something?

I know you feel wounded and victimized by trump’s weakness and futility (inflation, deficits, capitulation to Mexico, China Russia) but even you should do better than sledog and turdbuffer. What’s wrong?
  • Options
    dflea said:

If you just walked around with a cock in your mouth you wouldn't have to spend so much time posting stuff that fits your narrative and ignoring anything that doesn't.

• Options

dflea said:

Do you feel bad “your” looking like a fool, once again. “You’re” next post will be something someone smart might say. In Houston. Go for it!
  • Options
    With all the criminal activity I've read on HH that Obama and Hillary have done. I'm surprised they haven't been indicted and thrown in jail. Maybe someone should launch an investigation to get to the bottom of it.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

dflea said:

Do you feel bad “your” looking like a fool, once again. “You’re” next post will be something someone smart might say. In Houston. Go for it!
    It is always amusing when the morons "bith" back with 'I know you are but what am I'...

• Options

dflea said:

It is always amusing when the morons "bith" back with 'I know you are but what am I'...

You know you lost your argument when you have to resort to memes.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

Yay.

You must have missed the part about fucking off.

Try again, dumbfuck Republican apologist faggot.

You were a FISA court and Patriot Act fan back in the day and now you pretend only one side of the aisle is crooked enough to abuse both of them.

If you want to be a bigger faggot, Sledog might be able to help. You're already at maximum fag, though.

dflea said:

@dflea after a few adult beverages!