Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who needs black kids? We don't. Everything will be fine without them.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018

Three out of 21 of our signees this year have two black parents. Two of them signed with Jimmy Lake.

Discuss.

Which of Newton and Curne is mixed? I would have guessed Irvin was mixed before either or them.

Irregardless, I don't think it's significant. We got eight kids with at least one black parent (and fuck if ZTP doesn't look like he has one). That's the more pertinent number here IMO. None of those kids are particularly light skinned either except Kyler. None of these kids are Elijah Molden or even Byron Murphy. Nobody's staying with Culp on a recruiting visit and thinking "this kid's mixed". He's visually black which in America is what matters.

I know I asked this before but I'd love if anyone has access to any percentages on the west coast of how many black kids are actually mixed. In my anecdotal experience it's much higher out west than in the south or Big 12 country. My guess is that a significant percentage of west coast black kid are actually mixed.

Last year we signed 10 black kids by Amerikkka's standard. The year before we signed 12. 2015 we signed 10.

So of the four classes that Pete had a full year to recruit we've signed 40 black kids.

We're not trying to be the only school who wins without blacks.

If next year we sign less than 8 then maybe you can argue for a trend, but we already have Davis and look strong for Criddell and Eifler, among others.

We know Lake can recruit black kids, we know PaoPao can recruit BTE's, we know Bonerpopper can recruit black kids, we know Lubick can recruit black kids, we know Bush can recruit black kids. Obviously Harris should do well in this area too, and early returns are good on Huff. Maybe this isn't Malloe's strength but if he can keep pulling this caliber of Poly's it won't matter.

We really just need to fix the Gregory/K situation at LB recruiting. Otherwise, I don't think there's much to worry about here.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    "Three out of 21 of our signees this year have two black parents. Two of them signed with Jimmy Lake."

Uttered by the first slave owner in the New World.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Gotta agree with DDY here. We are at the very least fighting perception here. I don't good coaches to lose their job over their skin color, but we have to find a way to appeal to the kids that make up a large % of the talent pool.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

RealRhino said:

Gotta agree with DDY here. We are at the very least fighting perception here. I don't good coaches to lose their job over their skin color, but we have to find a way to appeal to the kids that make up a large % of the talent pool.

We have one. It's called winning.
    And yet the kids from that pool that I'm talking about aren't coming. So winning isn't doing it. You'd think it would, that parents would be smart enough to figure this out, but good kids make bad choices all the time, and for some reason, in this field in particular, almost all the parents seem okay with standing aside and letting junior make the decision all on his own. Sometimes because of something fucking stupid like uniforms or X-boxes or which school picked them up in a helicopter on their trip.

• pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If only Petersen would hire Joey Thomas all of our problems would be solved. Is he an offensive or defensive guy? Co- OC/Assistant Head Coach has a nice little right to it.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    AIRWOLF said:

A far more important ethnographic observation is that the Husky football Poly ohana grew by 8 players with the 2018 class. That should create a virtuous cycle going forward.

If we can continue to supplement that with kids from West African families and our other usual slow strategy suspects, I don't think this is going to be much of a problem.

Also you probably just underscored why Will Harris was an important hire.

Yes, I was lamenting the decline in Poly & Hawaiian players in recent years but that turned around in a hurry. Kudos to Malloe and CP's shirt.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

2 Years of winning just isn't that long. Your not going to start getting 5*s from L.A after winning the PAC12 once, and playing in a couple BCS bowls. Getting around a top 12 class at Washington, given our geographic disadvantage, is incredible after only two years of not sucking.

If Pete keeps winning the 5*s will come

Good point, that’s why we struggled this year.

GFY
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

2 Years of winning just isn't that long. Your not going to start getting 5*s from L.A after winning the PAC12 once, and playing in a couple BCS bowls. Getting around a top 12 class at Washington, given our geographic disadvantage, is incredible after only two years of not sucking.

If Pete keeps winning the 5*s will come

Good point, that’s why we struggled this year.

GFY
    Seems a bit much.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Fuck Doogs.

Low standards bullshit.

Always the same shit...

“Failure is okay because...”

Fuck that. Fuck Doog low standards bullshit.

We flipped Tuli, beat Bama for several recruits and this fucking monkey thinks we need to wait?

Fuck. That.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Almost like some out here are gnu to Dennis's manic hyperbole out here.