Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to recruiting nerds

2»

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited February 2018

Not sure how you think a pending lawsuit for libel filed by Mann proves Mann is a fraud? Even if he doesn't win the libel case that doesn't mean his research was fraudulent, do you see why?

Every climate reconstruction study since '98 has essentially confirmed Mann's study but that is neither here nor there.

Are we really re-litigating ClimateGate in 2018? I thought you guys had moved on to attacking other institutional pillars of society from the NYT to the FBI.

If you annoy everything, nothing remains unannoyed.

• AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Each recruit is weighted in the rankings according to a Gaussian distribution formula (a bell curve), where a team's best recruit is worth the most points. You can think of a team's point score as being the sum of ratings of all the team's commits where the best recruit is worth 100% of his rating value, the second best recruit is worth nearly 100% of his rating value, down to the last recruit who is worth a small fraction of his rating value. This formula ensures that all commits contribute at least some value to the team's score without heavily rewarding teams that have several more commitments than others.

Or you could say it's the Sark rule. Where you take 26 players every year and less than 10 Actually ever stay past the first 2 years. So you perpetually have big classes full of shit players.
    Quantity has a quality all of its own. Ask Stalin.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2018
    When debating anything I like to look at the extremes of both positions and go from there.

Would you rather burn to death or freeze? Freeze.

Would you rather have 1 Shaq Thompson or 5 James Atoes? Shaq.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Edit: I had to edit this because I'm wasted and I answered the first question as Burn, when clearly that is the worst way to die. This place has affected me.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2018
    Doogles:

While you are doing the Lord's work here with your recent posting, the trick is that for every player that looks like a James Atoe you sign, you get a chance to have what is behind door number three.

Sometimes that is just another James Atoe. But occasionally it may be...a brand new car a player that isn't shitty.

Unless it your coach is Sarkisian, in which case it is almost certainly another James Atoe (or a Jarrett Finau).
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

No. We were discussing 247 non -coaches selling subscriptions using opinions with flawed data, they try to fit into a scientific model.

You seem intelligent.