Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bender and Nance only had 1 season under 10 wins total. In Bender's first year. Romar did that in his last year.

Washington AD Jen Cohen’s decision to fire head coach Lorenzo Romar is a bad choice and one that has a better-than-reasonable chance to send the program back to Lynn Nance / Bob Bender kind of levels.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The best part is that he got absolutely roasted in the comments. He's written some good pieces, like the one on why this year's team could be considered a failure, but there have also been some laughably bad takes. This is one.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Could argue that Bender had as much NCAA success as Romar
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2018

The best part is that he got absolutely roasted in the comments. He's written some good pieces, like the one on why this year's team could be considered a failure, but there have also been some laughably bad takes. This is one.

We finally have the answer to the age old question of how dumb do you have to be before the uwdp commenters will actually criticize you.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Results matter during the NCAA Season, not NBA draft slot, not recruiting rankings. What a thought, a coach who resides in the world of building a team who wins for the fucking job he's hired for.

This isn't anywhere near saying he's on this level, but i love that he's building a system like boheim or izzo. You build a defense and an offense to win in college and once in a while you get a top end guy who makes it big, but your job is to win in college. Romar and his moronic fans had it backwards. They wanted huge recruiting rankings and then prop up NBA results. Wrong fucking order. Especially when you watch top talent not even be able to execute out of bounds plays.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Could argue that Bender had as much NCAA success as Romar

Dafuq?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I got considerably dumber reading this
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "Most coaches Lorenzo Romar can't take a base roster of average talents and turn them into contenders"

I actually like reading posthumous articles about how Cohen had made a devastating mistake. The ability of this town to settle for mediocrity or to reward past success in the face of current failure is numbing. Watching change for the chance of greater reward pay off immediately pleases me more than I thought it would.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,434
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    "I fully acknowledge that Lorenzo Romar had done nothing to justify keeping his job."

3 minutes later...

"The only relevant question was whether or not it is in the best interests of the program to blow it up or to build it up."

In summary, Romar did not deserve to be the coach because of his failures but I'm not sure if we should fire him because of his failures.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I’m not sure UWDP means what you think it does.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I tried to read that shit.

Couldn't get very far.

FTG