Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to @YellowSnow

89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
So you worked the 2002 Olympics? What color coat did you get?

Genuinely interested in hearing about your experience.

SLOC colors: yellow — special event services; green — venue workers; red means medical personnel, and "mountain shadow blue" just about everything not done by the previous three types of workers, including transportation and media relations "and all the other functions that may fall through the cracks,"

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,798
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

So to answer your queer-ey, I was not in the employee of, nor did I volunteer for SLOC, USOC, etc. Rather I was working at Deer Valley Resort post college as the Games were occurring. You could go on the back deck behind my office and watch the Slalom and Moguls. Went and watched the Men's Biathlon at Soldier Hollow as well as the Downhill at Snowbasin, which is arguably the best overall ski resort in Utah. Even got to see Mitt Romney directing traffic on the shuttle bus over to Snowbasin.

How many condoms did they distribute to the athletes in SLC?

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

SLOC colors: yellow — special event services; green — venue workers; red means medical personnel, and "mountain shadow blue" just about everything not done by the previous three types of workers, including transportation and media relations "and all the other functions that may fall through the cracks,"

I heard Bearswiin said it was no big deal
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I lost my back pack in Atlanta

In 1996 or 20 years later?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    BearsWiin said:

Alexis said:

89ute said:

So I was channelsurfing a few days ago (really I wasn't, I was scrolling through the XFinity guide) and saw that Never Been Kissed was on one of the shit chable channels high in the 700's where I rarely tread. I switched it on and watched maybe 20 minutes. Forgot that James Franco was in it, but it must have been right after Freaks and Geeks was cancelled, but whatever. Could not believe how bad an actress Drew Barrymore is. I remember thinking she was shit during the times I had to watch her in a few scenes, but HOLYFUCK she sucks donkeyballs, if she didn't have that fucking Barrymore name she'd have never gotten any further than the back alley off Sunset where Divine Brown plied her wares. Also saw enough to see Jessica Alba in a few scenes. Reinforces my recollection that she was nothing special. She wasn't even the hottest one in her cliche popular girl clique. Cute, yes, but that kind of chick was and is a dime-a-dozen in the WAM scene in LA.
    oh boy
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Olympics will be here in a week, need moar Olympics threads from the Winter Olympics Superiority Guy
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

Did it have a bomb in it?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DeepSeaZ said:

Did it have a bomb in it?
    I already asked Race this. He's pleading the 5th.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BearsWiin said:

Alexis said:

89ute said:

So I was channelsurfing a few days ago (really I wasn't, I was scrolling through the XFinity guide) and saw that Never Been Kissed was on one of the shit chable channels high in the 700's where I rarely tread. I switched it on and watched maybe 20 minutes. Forgot that James Franco was in it, but it must have been right after Freaks and Geeks was cancelled, but whatever. Could not believe how bad an actress Drew Barrymore is. I remember thinking she was shit during the times I had to watch her in a few scenes, but HOLYFUCK she sucks donkeyballs, if she didn't have that fucking Barrymore name she'd have never gotten any further than the back alley off Sunset where Divine Brown plied her wares. Also saw enough to see Jessica Alba in a few scenes. Reinforces my recollection that she was nothing special. She wasn't even the hottest one in her cliche popular girl clique. Cute, yes, but that kind of chick was and is a dime-a-dozen in the WAM scene in LA.
    Jesus H Christ
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

Alexis said:

89ute said:

My cousin who was probably a 9 or 10 in her late teens / early 20's was roommates with Drew Barrymore in her younger days back in LA. No pics of relatives. Flag away assholes.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583

BearsWiin said:

Alexis said:

89ute said:

My cousin who was probably a 9 or 10 in her late teens / early 20's was roommates with Drew Barrymore in her younger days back in LA. No pics of relatives. Flag away assholes.
    Wow
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

BearsWiin said:

Alexis said:

89ute said:

Wow
    I deserve all the flags. The story is accurate none-the-less.