Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When can we legitimately doog for the bball team

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Charging to maximum Doog.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Asu fucking sucks but has shooters. UofA is GOOD team that doesn't play hard, can't shoot, and relies on out-athleting everyone hmmmmmm (Hi @Romar)

Hi fuckers. I called it.
    BTP can you give us a basketball recruiting update?
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Where is Auburndawg?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sweatpantsboner.gif.
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Asu fucking sucks but has shooters. UofA is GOOD team that doesn't play hard, can't shoot, and relies on out-athleting everyone hmmmmmm (Hi @Romar)

Hi fuckers. I called it.
    Jamal Bey is fucking amazing. He can post you up (6"6 SG), great athlete, shoots the ball really well, handles it well, super smooth, long, and a good passer.

Nate Roberts will be a stud. 7 ft with amazing athleticism. Pretty good skills. He will be awesome in 2-3 years.

Elijah Hardy is my favorite. He's super bouncy, can shoot it, best passer in the country, not super long or tall (6"2ish). He's better than Crisp right now nuff said.

Ed Chang. 6"8 SF great shooter. Haven't seen a ton of him but he's long and can tmhandle it ok.

BPJ is fucking huge 7 ft, elite athleticism, blocks shoots, rebounds, limited offensively right now, but he's a project.
    We haven’t signed BPJ yet but if we do:

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    DeepDawg said:

Hi fuckers. I called it.
    Jamal Bey is fucking amazing. He can post you up (6"6 SG), great athlete, shoots the ball really well, handles it well, super smooth, long, and a good passer.

Nate Roberts will be a stud. 7 ft with amazing athleticism. Pretty good skills. He will be awesome in 2-3 years.

Elijah Hardy is my favorite. He's super bouncy, can shoot it, best passer in the country, not super long or tall (6"2ish). He's better than Crisp right now nuff said.

Ed Chang. 6"8 SF great shooter. Haven't seen a ton of him but he's long and can tmhandle it ok.

BPJ is fucking huge 7 ft, elite athleticism, blocks shoots, rebounds, limited offensively right now, but he's a project.
    We haven’t signed BPJ yet but if we do:

If we want him, he's ours.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hope Jenn is gonna be able to pay Hopkins when someone else is ready to poach him
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    ShenexonShenexon Member Posts: 63
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    44PRIDE said:

phineas said:

Hope Jenn is gonna be able to pay Hopkins when someone else is ready to poach him

Yeah, Syracuse is gonna come after him hard after they move Boeheim's corpse out of the building. You have to think Cohen vetted him pretty hard about staying at UW. He was a pretty left-field hire.
    We very much love Mike in Syracuse. He's family here. We fully expected him to be here for 30 years, just like Coach B. And I can say without hesitation that Mike will NEVER be coming back to Syracuse. Not that he isn't welcome....not at all.

This bird has left the nest. Mike is now out to make his own name in College Basketball.

In time, you Husky fans will come to realize (as we did) just how special of a coach you have in Mike Hopkins. We are so very sorry to have lost him. But we are so very happy that he landed in a good place.
    I'm glad to see another SU fan here. Mike is family and I love how well he's doing in his first year. It would be great if the Huskies could make a run in the tournament and make this season REAL interesting. I hope at least UW can get to the tournament and ruin the days of higher-ranked teams but think the Huskies can finish strong, especially if they can beat Oregon, and get into the rankings with a good seed. The team is rolling, the home crowd is making a lot of noise, and the coaches are in a good groove. Hopkins has been in the tournament enough to keep the kids centered and win a few...if not more. Can't wait for the next game...
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    44PRIDE said:

phineas said:

Yeah, Syracuse is gonna come after him hard after they move Boeheim's corpse out of the building. You have to think Cohen vetted him pretty hard about staying at UW. He was a pretty left-field hire.
    We very much love Mike in Syracuse. He's family here. We fully expected him to be here for 30 years, just like Coach B. And I can say without hesitation that Mike will NEVER be coming back to Syracuse. Not that he isn't welcome....not at all.

This bird has left the nest. Mike is now out to make his own name in College Basketball.

In time, you Husky fans will come to realize (as we did) just how special of a coach you have in Mike Hopkins. We are so very sorry to have lost him. But we are so very happy that he landed in a good place.
    I don't understand that perspective at all. Plenty of coaches have gone out to make their own name but eventually returned to their alma mater. Roy Williams a notable example that comes to mind.

Hopkins is only 47. He has plenty of time to establish his program at UW and still return to Syracuse sometime in the next 5-10 years if the timing is right when Boeheim retires or the successor is fired. Syracuse is a special place for Hop and he would have to consider any opportunity there.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    44PRIDE said:

phineas said:

A guy passed up god knows how many chances to be a headcoach over 25 years based on how much he loved the program and the area, but if it became available he'd stay in Seattle?

That's basinine
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you’re worried about Hopkins going back to Syracuse, you’re a doog. Boeheim isn’t leaving until his son is gone anyways.

If Hopkins wins at UW, other schools than Syracuse will want him. That’s the way it works.
  • Options
    44PRIDE44PRIDE Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2018
    I'm telling y'all how the guy is wired. I've known Mike and have had the chance to speak with him. Our kids played ball together at local camps. Mike isn't a job-hopper. If he buys into a program and an area, he's as faithful as they come.

Mike had his dream job in hand. The chance to carry on his mentors legacy at his Alma Mater. But Washington presented him the opportunity to do something unique. He sees this as his chance to follow his mentors path and build a program from scratch....in his hometown

To him, Washington isn't a steppingstone....its home. Mike plans on delivering you a National Championship.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    44PRIDE said:

I'm telling y'all how the guy is wired. I've known Mike and have had the chance to speak with him. Our kids played ball together at local camps. Mike isn't a job-hopper. If he buys into a program and an area, he's as faithful as they come.

Mike had his dream job in hand. The chance to carry on his mentors legacy at his Alma Mater. But Washington presented him the opportunity to do something unique. He sees this as his chance to follow his mentors path and build a program from scratch....in his hometown

To him, Washington isn't a steppingstone....its home. Mike plans on delivering you a National Championship.

You can be 100% right as to his psychological makeup but that still doesn't rule out Hop returning to Syracuse if the situation is right.
  • Options
    44PRIDE44PRIDE Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

44PRIDE said:

You can be 100% right as to his psychological makeup but that still doesn't rule out Hop returning to Syracuse if the situation is right.
    I hope you turn out to be right. ;)