Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stanford's recruiting class looking like a Stanford recruiting class again

Unless they have a ton of top-end talent committing on signing day, their class looks more like a pre-Harbaugh/Shaw class.

As always, they have a highly ranked QB coming in, and a decent group of defensive ends but after that it looks a bunch of kids who's second choice was Yale or Harvard. Their class includes such oddities as includes an Asian TE (ATE), a fullback (apparently 247 still ranks them), a worse RB prospect than Dick Newton, and a white CB named Boner.

Maybe they have a bunch of top ranked guys they are planning to get on signing day, but that doesn't seem like Stanford's style.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

And yet there really hasn't been any slippage since Harbaugh

We keep waiting for the demise.

Would have been nice to throw some dirt on the grave last November

Their recruiting classes have been outstanding under Shaw. I wouldn't have expected any slippage. I'm pointing out that this particular class is a big step down compared to all the other one's Shaw has had.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think they’re gonna close with Dax Hollifield and Tanner McKee, not sure if they have room for anyone else.

McKee will sign with them but he doesn't have to stay signed when he does his mission and comes back to play college football when he's 26.

stanford may have struggled with early signing this year because of their admissions schedule...will they adjust it? who knows.

will shaw still be their coach in 2-3 years? who knows.

looks pretty 81% bleak for stanford going forward.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hoping for Stanford to fall flat on their face.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,158
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

And yet there really hasn't been any slippage since Harbaugh

We keep waiting for the demise.

Would have been nice to throw some dirt on the grave last November

Their recruiting classes have been outstanding under Shaw. I wouldn't have expected any slippage. I'm pointing out that this particular class is a big step down compared to all the other one's Shaw has had.
    So you're saying we have a chance

I just expect Shaw to get a bunch of big white boys every year and continue to pound people
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    They will go from intellectual brutality to intellectual but brutal
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Losing out on Borgi to the Oregon coach is special
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,835
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

I think they’re gonna close with Dax Hollifield and Tanner McKee, not sure if they have room for anyone else.

McKee will sign with them but he doesn't have to stay signed when he does his mission and comes back to play college football when he's 26.

stanford may have struggled with early signing this year because of their admissions schedule...will they adjust it? who knows.

will shaw still be their coach in 2-3 years? who knows.

looks pretty 81% bleak for stanford going forward.
    Either way it'll be interesting.
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Unless they have a ton of top-end talent committing on signing day, their class looks more like a pre-Harbaugh/Shaw class.

As always, they have a highly ranked QB coming in, and a decent group of defensive ends but after that it looks a bunch of kids who's second choice was Yale or Harvard. Their class includes such oddities as includes an Asian TE (ATE), a fullback (apparently 247 still ranks them), a worse RB prospect than Dick Newton, and a white CB named Boner.

Maybe they have a bunch of top ranked guys they are planning to get on signing day, but that doesn't seem like Stanford's style.

Pretty sure the Asian TE is a walk on
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    look forward to shitting the bed against them again this year
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Am I the only one who thinks the Asian TE is actually pretty good? I think he would be at least a mid-tier 3-star if he wasn't so Asian.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Am I the only one who thinks the Asian TE is actually pretty good? I think he would be at least a mid-tier 3-star if he wasn't so Asian.

I'm a fucking degenerate and even I haven't watched the tape of Stanford's walk on tight end
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He not bad, given his genetic limitations lol