Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Greatest Rose Bowl Game in History

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
happened to be the first one without a Pac12 team.

Pac12 just can't get out of its own fucking way this year.

When do we join the Mountain West?

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I'm hearing Tejas v SoCal was most speshul. Just what I'm hearing, don't twist. Don't be a twister.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We? have two tailbacks in the same realm as Georgia but their true freshman QB was way better than our three year filled with moxie starter.

I don't think it is anything to write Eason off for getting Wally Pipped by Frohm. Dude can play. And the Twin Tower Tailbacks are awesome
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kirby (Rick) is winning with Richt’s (Lambo) players.

Great but UGA has a top 3 class THIS year, if not better. They aint goin anywhere.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512

We? have two tailbacks in the same realm as Georgia but their true freshman QB was way better than our three year filled with moxie starter.

I don't think it is anything to write Eason off for getting Wally Pipped by Frohm. Dude can play. And the Twin Tower Tailbacks are awesome

UGA has 3 RBs way better than any one on UW's (or Oregon's) roster
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ahmed and Gaskin can play with anyone. Gaskin had a bigger burst than Barkley live. I was surprised
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    ntxduck said:

UGA has 3 RBs way better than any one on UW's (or Oregon's) roster
    I love Gaskin, but yeah
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    No defense in that game. Kill yourself. Oregon vs Florida State, best Rose Bowl ever.
    dnc said:

No defense in that game. Kill yourself. Oregon vs Florida State, best Rose Bowl ever.

No one but a Quook would even have that game in the top 10.

Can't blame you though, everyone remembers the first one they ever watched fondly.
    Die.

Doog post of the millenium, and it's not even close. Yeah, dethroning the national champion on a 2 year win streak when they have Heisman QB Famous Jameis in the Rose Bowl in the playoffs is not even in the top 10.

#DoogNationCuntwhore

edited January 2018

dnc said:

Can't blame you though, everyone remembers the first one they ever watched fondly.
    Die.

Doog post of the millenium, and it's not even close. Yeah, dethroning the national champion on a 2 year win streak when they have Heisman QB Famous Jameis in the Rose Bowl in the playoffs is not even in the top 10.

#DoogNationCuntwhore

It wasn't a close game. I BRBYO for Super Bowel 49 but no one is ranking that in the top 10 SBs of all time because it was a blowout.

You're wrong as usual. The 2015 Rose Bowel is eminently forgettable to anyone but Grellow diehards.

I'll say it again, no one but a Quook is putting that game in the top 10.

dnc said:

Die.

#DoogNationCuntwhore

Come on man...

For importance and nostalgia I'll say yes, but for actual enjoyment of the casual sports fan, I'd argue that the Oregon/Wisconsin game in 2012 was way better and probably a top 5-10 Rose Bowl game.

45-38

Russell Wilson played out of his mind

DeAnthony Thomas touched the ball twice and both touches are among the most explosive in Rose Bowl history.

Kiko Alonso had a one handed diving interception in the second half that changed the dynamic of the entire game

Russell Wilson not spiking the ball in time while on the move in the final seconds added even more drama to an incredible game.

Now you're telling me Joe Six-pack cares more about a 59-20 beat down of one of the most overrated teams in history, over a one score win over a future NFL Hall of Famer?
    HY, YK

OBK didn't watch that game though.
    FSU went undefeated. How exactly were they overrated? Yeah, maybe not the most entertaining game to the casual viewer, but still a historic beatdown for the ages.
    Founders Club

FSU went undefeated. How exactly were they overrated? Yeah, maybe not the most entertaining game to the casual viewer, but still a historic beatdown for the ages.

In 2014 FSU gave up 41 to an unranked NC State, 31 to an unranked Okie Light, and 31 to an unranked Louisville. Hell, they even gave up 12 to the Citadel. And they had to come from behind in virtually every game they played. They were vastly overrated, a 2014 version of 1984 BYU.

And by the way, an historic beatdown for the ages looks more like this:

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

In 2014 FSU gave up 41 to an unranked NC State, 31 to an unranked Okie Light, and 31 to an unranked Louisville. Hell, they even gave up 12 to the Citadel. And they had to come from behind in virtually every game they played. They were vastly overrated, a 2014 version of 1984 BYU.

you were cooking along pretty good until you went full retard with that part.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

Ahmed and Gaskin can play with anyone. Gaskin had a bigger burst than Barkley live. I was surprised

i'm surprised you were surprised
    Founders Club

you were cooking along pretty good until you went full retard with that part.
    Upon reflection, full Yogi Berra
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I'm partial to the Miami Nebraska tilt in 2001. What a classic!!!!!!!