Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You deserve and will still be shamed for sitting out exhibition games. Darnold has way more on the line than fucking Royce and still took his pounding last night. You should be allowed to do it but the NFL should be allowed to blacklist your ass.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sam Darnold lives for games like this where he can drop his draft stock from 2 overall to 2nd round. It's not about the money for guys like him.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    haie said:

You deserve and will still be shamed for sitting out exhibition games. Darnold has way more on the line than fucking Royce and still took his pounding last night. You should be allowed to do it but the NFL should be allowed to blacklist your ass.

CHRIST.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

CHRIST.
    CHRYST*
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

You and OBK are both so fucking stupid I'm 100% convinced you are the same poster.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I think these guys should turn down the scholarship and find their own way to the NFL

Oh Baby Boomers....
  • Options
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

You and OBK are both so fucking stupid I'm 100% convinced you are the same poster.
    I actually graduated from UW though.

Why don’t you get me a beer you poor community college piece of shit?
    Bro, he played for Ernie Kent.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Speaking of jack duck fags...
  • Options
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Speaking of jack duck fags...
    You've touched a penis that wasn't yours and it wasn't an accident.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

See you guys at 711
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2017
    Surprised you graduated from UW and still have that shitty hottake @haie how'd you get into UW? Are your parents alumni and you only got in due to legacy?

players don't owe the NCAA shit. you probably graduated with a comm degree huh?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Surprised you graduated from UW and still have that shitty hottake @haie how'd you get into UW? Are your parents alumni and you only got in due to legacy?

players don't owe the NCAA shit. you probably graduated with a comm degree huh?

Computer Science. Fuck the NFL
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I think it's still an open question how this will all play out. I have to question the mindset of anybody that quits on his teammates, though. Do I want that guy on my team? I don't care much about the commitment he made to his coach or his school or whatever, but with my kids it's always been, you join a team, you are with them until the bitter end. You made a commitment to your teammates. You can quit when the season's over, but not before. If a guy is making business decisions in college, is he going to be making "business decisions" in a playoff game when we are down 14? Fuck that guy.

Look, even if Okung is right, he's wrong. You factor in the long-term value of a college education, these guys are getting paid the equivalent of MILLIONS of dollars for playing college football. Far more than they'd just get paid to play. And yes, Saquon Barkley and Sam Darnold could get paid for more than just a scholarship, but great guys like JoJo and Bierria and MyTevis would be left without a scholarship.
  • Options
    RealRhino said:

I think it's still an open question how this will all play out. I have to question the mindset of anybody that quits on his teammates, though. Do I want that guy on my team? I don't care much about the commitment he made to his coach or his school or whatever, but with my kids it's always been, you join a team, you are with them until the bitter end. You made a commitment to your teammates. You can quit when the season's over, but not before. If a guy is making business decisions in college, is he going to be making "business decisions" in a playoff game when we are down 14? Fuck that guy.

Look, even if Okung is right, he's wrong. You factor in the long-term value of a college education, these guys are getting paid the equivalent of MILLIONS of dollars for playing college football. Far more than they'd just get paid to play. And yes, Saquon Barkley and Sam Darnold could get paid for more than just a scholarship, but great guys like JoJo and Bierria and MyTevis would be left without a scholarship.

Hi.

Let's say you are really good at something, like signing. It has a shelf life, your voice will fade very quickly after age 25.

You're in a band now, you play small venues and bars. You break even but you're getting good experience.

A record company asks just you to a deal for millions of dollars but you have to leave the band and join a different one the record company already formed.

Are you signing for free again? Me neither.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

RealRhino said:

Hi.

Let's say you are really good at something, like signing. It has a shelf life, your voice will fade very quickly after age 25.

You're in a band now, you play small venues and bars. You break even but you're getting good experience.

A record company asks just you to a deal for millions of dollars but you have to leave the band and join a different one the record company already formed.

Are you signing for free again? Me neither.
    This is a terrific analogy.