Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We want Cristoball because he is a great recruiter

So great in fact he lost 4 of the top 5 in state recruits. Three of them to other Pac 12 schools.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=OR

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Great bored selection as always
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Great bored selection as always

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/44981/cuogs-recruiting-class-2-loaded

So this post you chinned about WSU recruiting is? Need some consistency here Baabs.
    Updated
    hahaha
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2017

So great in fact he lost 4 of the top 5 in state recruits. Three of them to other Pac 12 schools.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=OR

Bored selection aside, he's going 2 out of 7 at best and possibly 1 for 7
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    They even lost Jake Duck-Art to the Beavs.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

We're really going to go with the "he's an overrated recruiter" narrative?

1. He's recruiting at Oregon. Hard.
    2. He's recruiting at Oregon after their second shit-show in a row. Harder.
    3. He's recruiting at Oregon with 30 seconds to work with after their HC took off. Even Harder.
    4. He's recruiting at Oregon with said former HC trying to take the class he put together with him to one of the top cfb programs in the country. Even more Harder.
    5. It's really Hard.

Come on man. You're waffle; you're better than that. This is something Ballsacked comes up with. Ron Zook couldn't have kept that class intact. I'm surprised it's still top 20.

Mario can fucking recruit. Keeping a handful of Oregon players is never going to be what makes or sustains Oregon's success anyway. That's a very unimportant fence to build. What should keep you up at night is the prospect of him digging a tunnel from the Southeastern U.S. to UJean.
  • Options

Willie will cut the head off the tunnel. If he couldn't keep them from Willie once they had agreed to come he isn't pulling much. UCF has more talent than most Pac 12 teams

Willie is a fantastic recruiter in his own right, and he had a better product to sell a Fl, GA, LA recroot. Oregon can talk a kid out of UCF or USF. I've no doubt about that. The analog in Texas is UT or TA&M. If a Texas kids wants to go to one of those, he always has and nobody in the Pac 12 not named USC or UCLA is going to talk him out of it. If that kid is leaning to Baylor, Texas Tech, Houston or TCU, anybody in the Pac has a shot.

I'm a big Mario fan ... I won't apologize for it. I liked him when he was a scrappy Cuban lineman at Miami, and I've liked him as a coach. Having lived just a few miles from FIU, I know what an uphill battle that place is, and what it took to get them to respectability and any bowl game. I don't know whether he has the chops to be successful where he's at; if he does, he won't be there long anyway. But what I do know is that he's reputed as being very bright and very, very, very good on the recruiting trail. Saban doesn't need much help where he's at, and while losing Cristobal wasn't like losing Kirby Smart for coaching services, the word I've heard from the blonde interns is that Saban told his staff they'd have to really pick up a lot of recruiting slack to replace him. Basically whatever Saban says is the truffe, and you know it.

We shall see what happens, but I won't judge him on this class any more than I'll judge him on the LV bowl. The program has been in the spin cycle. Ballsacked got his wish: you could not fuck a program more than Willie fucked Oregon if you were actually trying to do it. He did not walk into a good situation and he's been at the helm for 5 minutes.

Executive Summary: LIPO.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dnc said:

3. He's recruiting at Oregon with 30 seconds to work with after their HC took off. Even Harder.
    4. He's recruiting at Oregon with said former HC trying to take the class he put together with him to one of the top cfb programs in the country. Even more Harder.
    5. It's really Hard.

Come on man. You're waffle; you're better than that. This is something Ballsacked comes up with. Ron Zook couldn't have kept that class intact. I'm surprised it's still top 20.

Mario can fucking recruit. Keeping a handful of Oregon players is never going to be what makes or sustains Oregon's success anyway. That's a very unimportant fence to build. What should keep you up at night is the prospect of him digging a tunnel from the Southeastern U.S. to UJean.
    Like how all Oregon's Florida commits went elsewhere?

Sure.gif

Your hooricooning for Cristobal is a bad look for you.

It's obviously LIFPO, but the early results are not promising if you're a quook.
    On balance, Cristoballzdeep has done better than any other school with a coaching change this winter, so far. If he gets the recruits we're alleged to be in on to sign in February, then quooking or whatever will be justified. We lost the Florida kids but hung onto a few others from the deep South. None of the Florida kids on the roster are transferring.

Cautious LIFPO as always. There's only one metric that matters, and a sample size of one isn't enough to tell us much.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    dnc said:

5. It's really Hard.

Sure.gif

It's obviously LIFPO, but the early results are not promising if you're a quook.
    It's almost like you didn't read the post. Jesus.

I distinctly remember the collective Sure.gif when they hired Willie and quooks were quooking about Willie being able to dig said tunnel. It looked like he had a pretty good start before he left. Then the resident doogs were celebrating the departure of a guy they laffed at Oregon for hiring in the first place.

It's almost as if you phags can't make up your mind.

But sure.gif. Mario losing players originally committed to OregonTaggart to FSUTaggart means Mario can't recruit.

Except every fucking body else in the cfb world who knows anything knows he can.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

5. It's really Hard.

Sure.gif

On balance, Cristoballzdeep has done better than any other school with a coaching change this winter, so far. If he gets the recruits we're alleged to be in on to sign in February, then quooking or whatever will be justified. We lost the Florida kids but hung onto a few others from the deep South. None of the Florida kids on the roster are transferring.

Cautious LIFPO as always. There's only one metric that matters, and a sample size of one isn't enough to tell us much.
    Of course. He's the only coach who was hired because the recruits started a hashtag campaign for him. The whole reason he's the HC is so that he'd do better than other options at retaining the recruiting class. Given that reasoning, I would be disappointed with the actual results were I someone who bled grellow. He lost 5 top 300 commits that I'm aware of (the 3 Florida kids, TreShaun, Lenzy...maybe there's more?) and hasn't added a single commit at all outside the long snapper.

We obviously hae different definitions of Deep South if you are counting Texas and NC. If the Georgia kid signs, there's one. But DYWHA?
  • Options
    ... and Ewa still ass-hurt over unforced turnovers. Sorry. Just one. Dummy.

But I'm sure you're still ignoring my poasts.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

5. It's really Hard.

Sure.gif

The following is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH closer to reality.

1. He's recruiting at Oregon. Easy.

2. He's recruiting at Oregon two years after their a shit-show . Easier

3. He's recruiting at Oregon with more time than Pete had in his first year at UW after their HC took off. Still a limp dick here (no surprise original poster is pumpy football bad). No where near hard. Venture to say many programs hire coaches into this position. A good 7-8 weels before the final signing period.

4. He's recruiting at Oregon with said former HC trying to take the class he put together with him to one of the top cfb programs in the country. Easy. No Florida recruits followed him.

5. It's really, really, really, really, really, easy.

6. Very, very, very, very CUOG like to make so many horrific excuses. Its like he didn't think before he opened his spastic mouth.

• Options
    edited January 2018

dnc said:

5. It's really Hard.

Sure.gif

It's almost like you didn't read the post. Jesus.

I distinctly remember the collective Sure.gif when they hired Willie and quooks were quooking about Willie being able to dig said tunnel. It looked like he had a pretty good start before he left. Then the resident doogs were celebrating the departure of a guy they laffed at Oregon for hiring in the first place.

It's almost as if you phags can't make up your mind.

But sure.gif. Mario losing players originally committed to OregonTaggart to FSUTaggart means Mario can't recruit.

Except every fucking body else in the cfb world who knows anything knows he can.
    *Literally only one of those 5 decommits followed Taggart.

I don't think you're actually paying attention to anything here, you're just blindly defending Cristobals.

And we laughed at Quooks when they hired Taggart because they were convinced they were hiring Chip and Helfrich was moving back to OC and that was the arrangement from the beginning.

And I'm not arguing Mario can't recruit. I think he's a fine recruiter. I'm arguing he's not an elite recruiter, which is what he would need to be to justify this hire.
  • Options
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

5. It's really Hard.

Sure.gif

Of course. He's the only coach who was hired because the recruits started a hashtag campaign for him. The whole reason he's the HC is so that he'd do better than other options at retaining the recruiting class. Given that reasoning, I would be disappointed with the actual results were I someone who bled grellow. He lost 5 top 300 commits that I'm aware of (the 3 Florida kids, TreShaun, Lenzy...maybe there's more?) and hasn't added a single commit at all outside the long snapper.

We obviously hae different definitions of Deep South if you are counting Texas and NC. If the Georgia kid signs, there's one. But DYWHA?
    Jesus. I assume that there is an unspoken acknowledgment that none of us mean all the shit we poast here. Are you in on that pact? Nobody signs a coach to rescue one class. In fact, with a guy like Cristobal, it's more likely you're taking the long view hiring him. There were likely better options for a short-term fix.

You're basically Ballsacked now. You probably wanted to fire Peterman when he got out-coached down in Tempe, didn't you?
  • Options

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

5. It's really Hard.

Sure.gif

Jesus. I assume that there is an unspoken acknowledgment that none of us mean all the shit we poast here. Are you in on that pact? Nobody signs a coach to rescue one class. In fact, with a guy like Cristobal, it's more likely you're taking the long view hiring him. There were likely better options for a short-term fix.

You're basically Ballsacked now. You probably wanted to fire Peterman when he got out-coached down in Tempe, didn't you?
    @creepycoug STOp