Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

20 wins possible?

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited December 2017 in Payton's Place
Fuck Hopkins is a good coach , this team is a shit show with Crisp st PG. Romarvwould have won 5 games with this team. At least they are playing defense. Montana will be good this year

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think you're right. Hopkins just might be a pretty good hire. This team has worts and will shit themselves sometimes but I finally see a glimmer of light at the end of what has been a very long and dark tunnel.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    10-3 through ooc schedule is pretty great with this group. Especially with none of the losses being "bad" losses and having one really good win. Romar would have gone 8-5 or 7-6 with this group. It wasnt always pretty but the team stepped up when they needed to.

They should be able to compete with most of the pac.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Next year will be special. This recruiting class is legit. Elijah Hardy is a good PG (RSD 2). Ed Chang is a 6"8 SF he can really shot it but I would like to see him be more agressive going to the net (RSD 2,
    ). Nate Roberts 6"11 PF he's a freak that can jump out of the gym and run the floor like a gazelle but needs to put on weight and develop offensively (RSD high 2). Jamal Bey is a stud one of the best players on the WC, Mid-Range game, Strokes it from 3, athletic, good ballhandler, scorer, 6"7 SG ( RSD 3).

Targets: J'raan Brooks (Garfield) Stretch 4 he's a high 2.

Bryan Penn Johnson 7 ft center, athletic as hell, great shot blocker, finishes well ( 3)
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Without checking the current RPI numbers, UCLA did just beat Kentucky which gives the Pac at least 3 top 10 wins in OOC.

Agree 10-8 is probably the minimum to get in the dance. 9-9 if you get to the championship game could be enough depending on who you play.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Forgot about zona beating top 10 ATM as well as Bama and UConn which could end up being huge.

The Pac sucks, but it's not as bleak as it seems.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Look at the RPI conference rankings and sagarin ratings, all have PAC 12 6th best conference. The PAC has some good wins but some really shitty losses.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Without checking the current RPI numbers, UCLA did just beat Kentucky which gives the Pac at least 3 top 10 wins in OOC.

Agree 10-8 is probably the minimum to get in the dance. 9-9 if you get to the championship game could be enough depending on who you play.

I don't see this team sniffing teh dance, but even if they went 10-8, it would have to be the right wins. You can't clean up against the bottom third and not win the big games to get resume.

I still see this team as a 6-7 win Pac12 team this season.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,259
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Montana is a GOOD Basketball team.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

Montana is a GOOD Basketball team.

Obligatory:
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Doogles said:

I don't see this team sniffing teh dance, but even if they went 10-8, it would have to be the right wins. You can't clean up against the bottom third and not win the big games to get resume.

I still see this team as a 6-7 win Pac12 team this season.
    The upside for UW is you? miss having the second matchup against the three toughest outs in the league (UA, ASU, USC) and a decent UCLA team. With how bad Wazzu and Cal are, there also should be four wins handed to you on a platter.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hop may very well be a miracle worker but these Dawgs are no Hellen Keller.

Water, Helen, Water!!!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This team still sucks.

Defense is ok, offense is an abomination at some points
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    DawgFader said:

Hop may very well be a miracle worker but these Dawgs are no Hellen Keller.

Water, Helen, Water!!!

I specifically asked for no ableist shit