Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Culp is easy a 4-star guy. Really fluid - this guy is a seam-route killer. Him and Hunter?

BRBYO

We could have Osborne, Bryant, Jones, and Culp all on the field at the same time.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Culp is easy a 4-star guy. Really fluid - this guy is a seam-route killer. Him and Hunter?

BRBYO

We could have Osborne, Bryant, Jones, and Culp all on the field at the same time.
    Bynum and Jones are both really good looking kids, too. The thought of all these guys with Salvon and Skinny in 2019...
  • Options

BRBYO

Bynum and Jones are both really good looking kids, too. The thought of all these guys with Salvon and Skinny in 2019...
    How about Cook?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    damn, i never watched any tape on him until that video. wow.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2019 Offense: Yank/Sirm, Ahmed, Roberts/?, Wattenberg, Harris, Bain, Kirkland/Hilbers/?, Jones, Osborne, Chico?/Lowe, Spiker, Bynum, Cook, Bryant, Culp, WTE,

OFFSEASON FUCKING NATTY
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like Culp could be the big back in this class. What do you think @BallzDeep?
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

BRBYO

How about Cook?
    Not suggesting it, but I wonder if Cook ends up low on the depth chart in a year or two if they'd consider a position switch to safety for him. If someone was going to do it, it'd be him. Obviously depends what kind of safety recruits we finish with this year and 2019 before it's even pondered.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2017

BRBYO

How about Cook?
    Not suggesting it, but I wonder if Cook ends up low on the depth chart in a year or two if they'd consider a position switch to safety for him. If someone was going to do it, it'd be him. Obviously depends what kind of safety recruits we finish with this year and 2019 before it's even pondered.
    He is going to be the best blocking WR on our team. He will see the field more than some of other wr
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BallzDeep said:

chuck said:

Looks like Culp could be the big back in this class. What do you think @BallzDeep?

Stud but TE all the way.
    Boring.

Correct, but still... He's a Mack truck rounding the corner on those sweeps.

UW has an amazing collection of TEs.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

chuck said:

BallzDeep said:

chuck said:

Stud but TE all the way.
    Boring.

I know the TE screen is a universally dreaded play, but with Culp/Bryant we actually have two guys who could succeed in a play like that.
    Don't even say that.
  • Options

chuck said:

BallzDeep said:

chuck said:

Stud but TE all the way.
    Boring.

I know the TE screen is a universally dreaded play, but with Culp/Bryant we actually have two guys who could succeed in a play like that.
    Don't even say that.
    More speaking to their athleticism than suggesting it lol. Don't worry, Smiff is gone, so it doesn't matter if he reads these boreds.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Watched all of the hudls today for the first time and Culp's was the most surprising - in a good way. I don't think he is quite as quick laterally as Bryant, but he seems maybe a tad faster. Seeing a guy that is 6'4 240 outrun an entire defense is a thing of beauty.

Runner up was Mele. Dude is very light on his feet for a big guy.

Newton on the other hand was BRBSeppuku.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

chuck said:

BallzDeep said:

chuck said:

Stud but TE all the way.
    Boring.

I actually love a good WR screen ... almost impossible to stop if you have the right players in place
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

BallzDeep said:

chuck said:

Stud but TE all the way.
    Boring.

I actually love a good WR screen ... almost impossible to stop if you have the right players in place
    I've only seen one tunnel screen work at an elite level of play.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    As @Woof stated, Culp isn't Hunter Bryant ... but that's not a bad thing. Bryant is a genetic freak.

What you see with Culp is a matchup nightmare ... particularly if both him and Bryant are on the field at the same time ... that's just insane to think about.

But for as much fun as that is to think about in the passing game, Culp's film shows that he's a willing blocker.

That's what's so encouraging to me is that for a 2 TE system to really work well you need to have both TEs be as willing and capable of blockers as they are in the receiving game.

We're definitely at an elite level at the TE position with guys like Bryant and Culp on the roster.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

As @Woof stated, Culp isn't Hunter Bryant ... but that's not a bad thing. Bryant is a genetic freak.

What you see with Culp is a matchup nightmare ... particularly if both him and Bryant are on the field at the same time ... that's just insane to think about.

But for as much fun as that is to think about in the passing game, Culp's film shows that he's a willing blocker.

That's what's so encouraging to me is that for a 2 TE system to really work well you need to have both TEs be as willing and capable of blockers as they are in the receiving game.

We're definitely at an elite level at the TE position with guys like Bryant and Culp on the roster.

Bryant is basically a 245 pound WR. Although, Culp may be a little faster and he's definitely bigger.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Bryant is basically a 245 pound WR. Although, Culp may be a little faster and he's definitely bigger.
    He measured in at 6'3" 235, but he probably ends up bigger.