Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Fuck your 53 seconds.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Thank god. Was worried about him
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Flipping Dom to a December signing is the underrated story of the last two weeks. Absolutely huge.

Yes, very positive sign.

DB recruiting will need to be a priority in the 2019 class. We're still not looking great from a numbers standpoint in the next 2 classes ... fully realizing that the 2018 class isn't complete yet (and yes, I'm assuming that Kyler is part of the class).
  • Options
    First thing that stands out with Hampton is that he doesn't mind getting physical ... which will play well with how we play.

He looks a little raw to me at the moment ... but most HS DBs look a bit raw in terms of technique.

I could actually seeing Hampton playing out similar to Jordan Miller just from a pure attitude standpoint.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

First thing that stands out with Hampton is that he doesn't mind getting physical ... which will play well with how we play.

He looks a little raw to me at the moment ... but most HS DBs look a bit raw in terms of technique.

I could actually seeing Hampton playing out similar to Jordan Miller just from a pure attitude standpoint.

this kid looks like a future all american
  • Options

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Flipping Dom to a December signing is the underrated story of the last two weeks. Absolutely huge.

Yes, very positive sign.

DB recruiting will need to be a priority in the 2019 class. We're still not looking great from a numbers standpoint in the next 2 classes ... fully realizing that the 2018 class isn't complete yet (and yes, I'm assuming that Kyler is part of the class).
    Yeah we should lose between 3-5 to the NFL after next season.
    Miller/McIntosh obviously, Rapp is almost certain to enter, Murphy has a young child, so if he has a good year and gets a day 2 grade he's also gone.

Joyner too especially since injuries have always been something he's been a bit worried about, but maybe he wants to be the guy in the secondary for his final season.

Regardless we need a bunch of guys.
    Murphy will be a tough one ... from a talent standpoint he'll definitely make it in the league. On the other hand, I'm not sure what his grade will be after next year (could definitely see low 2nd round to 3rd round) but the injury he had this year took away a lot of game experience for him. If I was him I'd be looking at putting back to back strong to elite years together because he definitely has 1st round talent to him.

Rapp is definitely in the discussion to have the option to leave as a junior. I thought he was good this year (as 1st team all conference) but I'm not sure that I'd say that his year this year was an indicative of being a 1st rounder next year. He might be ... but he'll need to have an elite year next year otherwise I'd say he's more of a 2nd rounder next year if he was to leave.

I don't see Joyner leaving after next year unless he somehow blows up as a safety.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Yes, very positive sign.

Miller/McIntosh obviously, Rapp is almost certain to enter, Murphy has a young child, so if he has a good year and gets a day 2 grade he's also gone.

Joyner too especially since injuries have always been something he's been a bit worried about, but maybe he wants to be the guy in the secondary for his final season.

Murphy will be a tough one ... from a talent standpoint he'll definitely make it in the league. On the other hand, I'm not sure what his grade will be after next year (could definitely see low 2nd round to 3rd round) but the injury he had this year took away a lot of game experience for him. If I was him I'd be looking at putting back to back strong to elite years together because he definitely has 1st round talent to him.

Rapp is definitely in the discussion to have the option to leave as a junior. I thought he was good this year (as 1st team all conference) but I'm not sure that I'd say that his year this year was an indicative of being a 1st rounder next year. He might be ... but he'll need to have an elite year next year otherwise I'd say he's more of a 2nd rounder next year if he was to leave.

I don't see Joyner leaving after next year unless he somehow blows up as a safety.
    Yeah I definitely agree about Murphy. He also needs to pack on some pounds if he wants to go high. 5'11" 180 will only go so high, but like I said, him having a son might push for him to leave, but it depends on the person in a scenario like that.

Rapp played really well honestly, he was just rarely tested. Only a few times I saw him really slip up, it was definitely a quiet season. 2nd round is enough for a lot of people.

I think Joyner stays, he's definitely the least likely of the 3 to go, but if he has his degree ya never know.
  • Options
    Hard to be a 1st rounder when your year is best described as "quiet" and "rarely tested"
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Hard to be a 1st rounder when your year is best described as "quiet" and "rarely tested"

He has a whole season left to do more. And rarely tested is quite a compliment. I agree he needs a few more splash plays to be in the 1st but his tackling abilities are some of the best I've seen. I think they'll ask even more of him this upcoming season.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

He has a whole season left to do more. And rarely tested is quite a compliment. I agree he needs a few more splash plays to be in the 1st but his tackling abilities are some of the best I've seen. I think they'll ask even more of him this upcoming season.
    I'm not disagreeing with you at all and being rarely tested is definitely a complement from your opposing coaches ...

However, if you're a NFL talent evaluator, you probably want to see more concrete examples versus just taking the opinion of college coaches that it's not worth their time to attack him.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all and being rarely tested is definitely a complement from your opposing coaches ...

However, if you're a NFL talent evaluator, you probably want to see more concrete examples versus just taking the opinion of college coaches that it's not worth their time to attack him.
    I mean yes and no. Obviously every scout would like to see a bunch of plays on the ball, but it's not like they don't see all-22 tape of what's going on. If they aren't testing him deep purely from a schematical stand point that doesn't tell you much, but if they aren't testing the deep middle because no one is open they can learn a lot from that.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Tequilla said:

SidneyMFJ?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2017

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Yes, very positive sign.

We fine

We have Myles Bryant

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Where did Dom Toretto sign?