Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's not over for Quooks!

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Every great progam goes through some rough patches. Cristobal is on a short leash and will be replaced by a big name (like Urban Meyer) if he doesn't pan out quickly. Oregon's goals haven't changed at all: total domination of the conference and a trip to the national championship every 5 years or so going forward.

Every great progam goes through some rough patches. Cristobal is on a short leash and will be replaced by a big name (like Urban Meyer) if he doesn't pan out quickly. Oregon's goals haven't changed at all: total domination of the conference and a trip to the national championship every 5 years or so going forward.

Oregon has had three chances to hire a big name since Chip left.
    Fire Mullens.
    dnc said:

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

37, 33, 49, 31, 38, 38.

How the FUCK does a guy who gives up those numbers in SIX losses get $1.7 Million per year?

I guess, how the FUCK does a guy who got fired at Florida-Fucking-International get a multi-year, multi million dollar deal, too

I chose the wrong profession.

Because they allowed 35,41,51,70,52,45,52,34 last year.

The points allowed in losses went from 48/game to 38/game. I know Sark>Ty

Last year's team also had a competent offense for most the year, compared to this year that had an abortion of an offense without Herbert for almost half the year.

The 38 given up to Boise doesn't look so bad when you realize that Boise was inside our? 30 yard line for 80% of the game. And our defense scored as much as the offense so there's that.

The defense went from ranked 126 last year to 46th this year. 46th isn't great, but one year removed from 126th makes 46th look like world beaters.

Oregon definitely overpaid for Leavitt, but they needed to. He was going to Florida State if they hadn't.

I find it funny that the board was bashing Oregon two weeks ago for possibly losing Leavitt, but now bashing them for retaining him? What changed? Oregon is a better team with Leavitt than without him...anybody that doesn't see that needs to take off their purple glasses.

Let me add that I don't think Oregon's defense is great or even good yet, but it's average. And I'll take average this year as long as it becomes good next year.
    edited December 2017

AZDuck said:

Leavitt took our? defense from worst in college football shitty to only somewhat shitty with freshmen playing DB. He has a track record of playing tough-minded, smash-mouth defense everywhere he goes (SWIDT?)

I'm happy with the re-hire. I iz a faggitt for Leavitt!

We ran the ball down Colorado’s throat in the PAC 12 championship game. We had two 100 yard rushers.
    What was Colorado's defense the year before?

Remind me of the talent Colorado had on defense the next year?

It's no secret that Oregon can recruit better talent than Colorado.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

Leavitt took our? defense from worst in college football shitty to only somewhat shitty with freshmen playing DB. He has a track record of playing tough-minded, smash-mouth defense everywhere he goes (SWIDT?)

We ran the ball down Colorado’s throat in the PAC 12 championship game. We had two 100 yard rushers.

Yes they can...and they did.

It's not like Oregon has been running out a bunch of 2 stars and walkons the last 2 years.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Every great progam goes through some rough patches. Cristobal is on a short leash and will be replaced by another player petitioned coach to keep the recruiting class together. Oregon's goals haven't changed at all: total domination of the state of Oregon and a trip to the Holiday Bowl every 5 years or so.

FTFY

AZDuck said:

Yes they can...and they did.

It's not like Oregon has been running out a bunch of 2 stars and walkons the last 2 years.
    And they went from 126th to 46th. If this team is 46th next year then they have a problem, but if Leavitt turns Oregon into a top 25 defense next year, I thinks it will prove money well spent.
  • HanseeHall78HanseeHall78 Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Jim Leavitt 2017 = DeWayne Walker 2008. Parlaying erroneous perception into an undeserved over-market contract.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    It needs to be said every Oregon defense commit is tweeting about Scott White to Oregon right now. And Scott White is returning the favor by retweeting everyone of them.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

37, 33, 49, 31, 38, 38.

How the FUCK does a guy who gives up those numbers in SIX losses get $1.7 Million per year?

I guess, how the FUCK does a guy who got fired at Florida-Fucking-International get a multi-year, multi million dollar deal, too

I chose the wrong profession.

Because they allowed 35,41,51,70,52,45,52,34 last year.

The points allowed in losses went from 48/game to 38/game. I know Sark>Ty

Last year's team also had a competent offense for most the year, compared to this year that had an abortion of an offense without Herbert for almost half the year.

The 38 given up to Boise doesn't look so bad when you realize that Boise was inside our? 30 yard line for 80% of the game. And our defense scored as much as the offense so there's that.

The defense went from ranked 126 last year to 46th this year. 46th isn't great, but one year removed from 126th makes 46th look like world beaters.

Oregon definitely overpaid for Leavitt, but they needed to. He was going to Florida State if they hadn't.

I find it funny that the board was bashing Oregon two weeks ago for possibly losing Leavitt, but now bashing them for retaining him? What changed? Oregon is a better team with Leavitt than without him...anybody that doesn't see that needs to take off their purple glasses.

Let me add that I don't think Oregon's defense is great or even good yet, but it's average. And I'll take average this year as long as it becomes good next year.
    Take away 38 points from Boise and Oregon pitched a shut out
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It needs to be said every Oregon defense commit is tweeting about Scott White to Oregon right now. And Scott White is returning the favor by retweeting everyone of them.

That would be awesome. He has been a terrible position coach at UCLA.