Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tenth coach query for the bored.

theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Has anyone heard anything on who the tenth coach will be? Is Longo the guy? He seems to come ready with a coffee cup but we seem pretty set with our offensive recruiters. Is Longo being courted as a replacement for someone who is selling their couch? I feel the TOSIO if we don't use the tenth coach to shore up our? lackluster D-line (interior and outside) recruiting. I'm so interested in this hire because this years defensive class is on life support but 22-4 lends me to believe that next year could be epic/better with the right hire(s). Sirmon? Heyward? Alexander? Someone new? What say you? Pete has resurrected the offense the last two years, can/will he do the same on defense? If it seems that I care, I DO!!!! Knowledge is power and I feel like an ant.

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He was a linebacker coach and associate head at MSU. Coached by Kawasaki back in the day. He's young and is named Kane and not Bob. That is at least a start. I assume he will be the new BUCK recruiter. Is he part Islander or is he the Eastern European version of Ioane? Both? Whatever, I'm hopeful, not wowed yet but hopeful. Thanks.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What's the story on Kane? Is he a guy we want?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It would be really weird for us to have brought him on from a position as Asst Head Coach and LB coach then not have him targeted as the 10th job guy. My guess is he coaches OLBs.

He sits next to Kwat in-game.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgxq08WZjc8

WE'RE SO FUCKED WHEN IT COMES TO RECRUITING! We'll never be Bruce Wayne or a school that fucks! Pete for the love of this program, HIRE some damn recruiters who can coach as well!!!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It would be really weird for us to have brought him on from a position as Asst Head Coach and LB coach then not have him targeted as the 10th job guy. My guess is he coaches OLBs.

He sits next to Kwat in-game.

Where did he come from? Good recruiter? Nice body? Hung?

I want details
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thanks again on the Kane intel. It does seem to be Petes M.O. when bringing in a young coach. Q.A.,see if he meshes with the old white guys and the kids, then give him a job as position coach if things work out. Good call Dennis. This seems to be a done deal. Brings in Bush a year early to replace Pease. Bring in Kane a year early to fill the tenth coach position. Also when reading Choates comments about his time with Petersen and the Huskies he seems to genuinely want what is best for us? and wants Petersen to succeed as badly as we do. I find it hard to believe he was just sending us a guy because "he owed him" as opposed to a guy that was actually going to improve our?/Petes ability to recruit/coach/win.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    We seem to be going all in on a Poly strategy. I don't want anybody to get fired necessarily, so it seems callous to talk so casually about "replacing" a current staff member, but if this guy's coming in to replace somebody, I hope it's not Bonerpopper. Better somebody such as Paopao. Just not a good look to be down to one black coach. I've always thought the emphasis should be on coaching rather than recruiting, but something's going to seem off to recruits if your coaches for RB and WR, two positions almost exclusively manned by black guys at the highest level, are both white. And then the LB coach and DC are white.

I don't know anything about anything, but Dennis's idea about Gerald Alexander sounds like a good one to this outside observer....