Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Roockets

I have never liked Chris Paul, but this shit seems to work. They are playing defense and destroying teams. Granted 81% chance a Harden/Paul/D'Antoni team chokes against the Spurs, but still.

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2017
    It's working in the first third of the Season. But once Paul's inevitable long term injury strikes, they'll assume their spot as a 3 or 4 in the West losing in the Conference finals.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,144
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chris Paul and clutch playoff performer have yet to be used in a sentence. But they are looking good.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Awfully cold out for June
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Everyone is a choker until they win. All that being said Chris Paul will forever be a choker. There's hope for Harden though.

I like that the Rockets have a lot of lineup options. Gordon, Ariza, Tucker, Mbah a Moute and Capela is a lot of flexibility. If they can find the right combination that GS can't figure out they have a chance.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2017

Everyone is a choker until they win. All that being said Chris Paul will forever be a choker. There's hope for Harden though.

I like that the Rockets have a lot of lineup options. Gordon, Ariza, Tucker, Mbah a Moute and Capela is a lot of flexibility. If they can find the right combination that GS can't figure out they have a chance.

to be fair to CP3, Harden is a known playoff choker too. The thunder finals vs the heat, the playoff series vs the Warriors in the 14-15 playoffs, and last playoffs where he didn't show up during an elimination game vs the spurs.

That houston defense looks legit. Going with the spacing that Harden and CP3 provide, I wouldn't sleep on them just yet. They can give the Warriors a run for their money come May or June.

Can't wait for people to quote this when I am wrong (most likely CP3 AND Harden both choking) and the Rockets are one and done in the playoffs.

edit: the harden 2015 WCF choke job still burns in my memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhiOWwEOkCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu6G-yx9jAo