Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Show your support for what this community means to you:


Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)



Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA

13

Comments

  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Posts: 1,191
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    As has been elaborated in this thread, he got suspended this season for cussing out his coach. Pete probably doesn't want to have to deal with Peters 2.0. He'll wait until he gets clear evidence he's changed.
    whuggyMisterEmDennis_DeYoungWeakarmCobra
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Posts: 1,191
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    As has been elaborated in this thread, he got suspended this season for cussing out his coach. Pete probably doesn't want to have to deal with Peters 2.0. He'll wait until he gets clear evidence he's changed.
    I’d still take Marcus peters.
    I mean quite honestly I find it difficult to not agree with this take. @tequilla what do you think?
  • TequillaTequilla Posts: 13,469
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    As has been elaborated in this thread, he got suspended this season for cussing out his coach. Pete probably doesn't want to have to deal with Peters 2.0. He'll wait until he gets clear evidence he's changed.
    I’d still take Marcus peters.
    I mean quite honestly I find it difficult to not agree with this take. @tequilla what do you think?
    You take a talent like Peters every day of the week.

    You pass on his BS every day of the week.

    The challenge for us in recruiting is whether or not we are able to find kids that have that level of talent without the BS. And at what level does a downtick in talent but little to no BS rate higher?

    The stronger the program gets the less likely we need to take chances on guys like Peters hoping that our culture will change them.

    It's a difficult question for sure. We're not going to win a Natty without high end talent ... that's a fact. At the same time, nothing can torpedo a program or organization faster than losing its identity/culture.
    Gladstonewhuggybiak1
  • TequillaTequilla Posts: 13,469
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

    whuggy said:

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    WR recruiting is about the last position to worry about.
    Missing the point, dude. First of all, you want to stack classes. You can't just stop recruiting WRs in 2021 and 2021 because 18/19 looks good. Secondly, you don't let an ELITE LOCAL PROSPECT walk unless he's the I-5 killer.

    But yeah, let's not worry about this because we got two good WRs in the 18 class. You only need to WRs per three-year period, right?
    Given that WR is one of the more plentiful positions in recruiting, I'd argue that you have a greater margin to pass on guys that have questions about them.

    Now, if we're talking about a BUCK, that may be a different story.
    whuggybananasnblondesguntlovebackthepack
  • animateanimate Posts: 703
    250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    As has been elaborated in this thread, he got suspended this season for cussing out his coach. Pete probably doesn't want to have to deal with Peters 2.0. He'll wait until he gets clear evidence he's changed.
    I’d still take Marcus peters.
    I mean quite honestly I find it difficult to not agree with this take. @tequilla what do you think?
    You take a talent like Peters every day of the week.

    You pass on his BS every day of the week.

    The challenge for us in recruiting is whether or not we are able to find kids that have that level of talent without the BS. And at what level does a downtick in talent but little to no BS rate higher?

    The stronger the program gets the less likely we need to take chances on guys like Peters hoping that our culture will change them.

    It's a difficult question for sure. We're not going to win a Natty without high end talent ... that's a fact. At the same time, nothing can torpedo a program or organization faster than losing its identity/culture.
    Byron Murphy.
    Beno4Life
  • TequillaTequilla Posts: 13,469
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    animate said:

    Tequilla said:

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    As has been elaborated in this thread, he got suspended this season for cussing out his coach. Pete probably doesn't want to have to deal with Peters 2.0. He'll wait until he gets clear evidence he's changed.
    I’d still take Marcus peters.
    I mean quite honestly I find it difficult to not agree with this take. @tequilla what do you think?
    You take a talent like Peters every day of the week.

    You pass on his BS every day of the week.

    The challenge for us in recruiting is whether or not we are able to find kids that have that level of talent without the BS. And at what level does a downtick in talent but little to no BS rate higher?

    The stronger the program gets the less likely we need to take chances on guys like Peters hoping that our culture will change them.

    It's a difficult question for sure. We're not going to win a Natty without high end talent ... that's a fact. At the same time, nothing can torpedo a program or organization faster than losing its identity/culture.
    Byron Murphy.
    Failing to see the link here.

    Murphy's fast strategy with off the field commitments that make it likely that he'll leave when it makes sense. But I haven't heard any rumors regarding Murphy that are comparable to Peters in any way, shape, or form.

    Please elaborate more to what you view as a link for that comparison.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Posts: 13,057
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award

    whuggy said:

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    WR recruiting is about the last position to worry about.
    Missing the point, dude. First of all, you want to stack classes. You can't just stop recruiting WRs in 2021 and 2021 because 18/19 looks good. Secondly, you don't let an ELITE LOCAL PROSPECT walk unless he's the I-5 killer.

    But yeah, let's not worry about this because we got two good WRs in the 18 class. You only need to WRs per three-year period, right?
    We want good players.

    Talent + Pete's culture > questionable attitude of a 17 year old in 99% of cases.

    This OKG shit is mostly fucking stupid and I think, on some level, is responsible for us not recruiting Merlin Robertson who is one of my favorite recruits of all time.
    GladstonebackthepackNeighbor2972
  • whuggywhuggy Posts: 985
    Standard Supporter 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

    whuggy said:

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    WR recruiting is about the last position to worry about.
    Missing the point, dude. First of all, you want to stack classes. You can't just stop recruiting WRs in 2021 and 2021 because 18/19 looks good. Secondly, you don't let an ELITE LOCAL PROSPECT walk unless he's the I-5 killer.

    But yeah, let's not worry about this because we got two good WRs in the 18 class. You only need to WRs per three-year period, right?
    Nah you're totally missing the point so I'll spell it out for you. I'm sure Gee Scott is a fine player but with Lubick recruiting the spot I'm pretty sure we'll get receivers just as good. I don't think the other Eastside players will be influenced by whether Scott
    comes here or not. Actually I think the influence will work the other way around thus the slow play. Some of you are just gonna have to get over the idea that Pete ain't gonna jump on every prima donna that comes down the line just because of talent level. Thought that was pretty clear by now. I don't mind the slow play in the least. As always just keep winning. That will always be the best recruiting tool. And if Gee Scott ends up not wanting to play for a local winner then fuck im. Lots of time for this to play out.
    bananasnblondes
  • dncdnc Posts: 32,514
    Standard Supporter 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award

    S

    whuggy said:

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    WR recruiting is about the last position to worry about.
    Missing the point, dude. First of all, you want to stack classes. You can't just stop recruiting WRs in 2021 and 2021 because 18/19 looks good. Secondly, you don't let an ELITE LOCAL PROSPECT walk unless he's the I-5 killer.

    But yeah, let's not worry about this because we got two good WRs in the 18 class. You only need to WRs per three-year period, right?
    At this point I’d take Gary Ridgeway if he could play Buck.
    Ted Bundy the GOAT or GTFO
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Posts: 1,168
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes

    S

    whuggy said:

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    WR recruiting is about the last position to worry about.
    Missing the point, dude. First of all, you want to stack classes. You can't just stop recruiting WRs in 2021 and 2021 because 18/19 looks good. Secondly, you don't let an ELITE LOCAL PROSPECT walk unless he's the I-5 killer.

    But yeah, let's not worry about this because we got two good WRs in the 18 class. You only need to WRs per three-year period, right?
    At this point I’d take Gary Ridgeway if he could play Buck.
    The I-5 killer actually did play WR though.
  • WeakarmCobraWeakarmCobra Posts: 5,379
    Swaye's Wigwam 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Shit, who gives a fuck he cursed out his coach. I would take Aaron Hernandez
    Dennis_DeYoung
  • whuggywhuggy Posts: 985
    Standard Supporter 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

    whuggy said:

    whuggy said:

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    WR recruiting is about the last position to worry about.
    Missing the point, dude. First of all, you want to stack classes. You can't just stop recruiting WRs in 2021 and 2021 because 18/19 looks good. Secondly, you don't let an ELITE LOCAL PROSPECT walk unless he's the I-5 killer.

    But yeah, let's not worry about this because we got two good WRs in the 18 class. You only need to WRs per three-year period, right?
    Nah you're totally missing the point so I'll spell it out for you. I'm sure Gee Scott is a fine player but with Lubick recruiting the spot I'm pretty sure we'll get receivers just as good. I don't think the other Eastside players will be influenced by whether Scott
    comes here or not. Actually I think the influence will work the other way around thus the slow play. Some of you are just gonna have to get over the idea that Pete ain't gonna jump on every prima donna that comes down the line just because of talent level. Thought that was pretty clear by now. I don't mind the slow play in the least. As always just keep winning. That will always be the best recruiting tool. And if Gee Scott ends up not wanting to play for a local winner then fuck im. Lots of time for this to play out.
    I trust our staff .... there are things we don't know about some of these prospects that the coaches do know. Either you trust this staff or you don't and I trust them !
    Yeah yeah Dennis I get the sarcasm;just seems to me you're spazzing out a little early. This one has a long way to go with probably lots of twists and turns considering the kid and family don't seem like rock solid types. Winning will make up
    a lot of ground that wasn't gained with an early offer. I get the whole trust the coaches snark but even you wouldn't deny the trend in recruiting is nothing but up.
  • animateanimate Posts: 703
    250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

    animate said:

    Tequilla said:

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    As has been elaborated in this thread, he got suspended this season for cussing out his coach. Pete probably doesn't want to have to deal with Peters 2.0. He'll wait until he gets clear evidence he's changed.
    I’d still take Marcus peters.
    I mean quite honestly I find it difficult to not agree with this take. @tequilla what do you think?
    You take a talent like Peters every day of the week.

    You pass on his BS every day of the week.

    The challenge for us in recruiting is whether or not we are able to find kids that have that level of talent without the BS. And at what level does a downtick in talent but little to no BS rate higher?

    The stronger the program gets the less likely we need to take chances on guys like Peters hoping that our culture will change them.

    It's a difficult question for sure. We're not going to win a Natty without high end talent ... that's a fact. At the same time, nothing can torpedo a program or organization faster than losing its identity/culture.
    Byron Murphy.
    Failing to see the link here.

    Murphy's fast strategy with off the field commitments that make it likely that he'll leave when it makes sense. But I haven't heard any rumors regarding Murphy that are comparable to Peters in any way, shape, or form.

    Please elaborate more to what you view as a link for that comparison.
    I was agreeing with your point and using Byron Murphy as an example. High end talent without the drama ... except I just remembered he has a kid now or something like that. But I don't remember reading much about him being identifiable as fast strategy kinda kid ...

    Oh well, the point being that Murphy just comes here, kicks ass, gets coached and develops, little to no drama ... he redshirts and wins the scout team award ... Petersen coaches, doesn't have to worry about providing adult supervision or extra babysitting and moves on with the team.

    I know Dennis is going to fucking hate me for saying this but winning cures everything.

    This allows Petersen to do shit like be stupidly selective and it drive Dennis (and Coker) nuts because it looks like he's purposefully ignoring the important local talent.

    yeah, maybe he doesn't want to get too involved with the FSP/Heir stuff ... but whatever, he's winning, the talent will come to him. If there's leakage there's leakage. I'm sure i'll hear about it from HH.

    I'll also be willing to bet that Petersen and staff are getting feedback from this site even though they probably won't admit it ... Petersen is a details guy and he wouldn't stick his head in the sand about anything to do with recruiting.
    whuggyTequillaBeno4Life
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Posts: 13,057
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award
    whuggy said:

    whuggy said:

    whuggy said:

    So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

    Great point Pete you fucking loser.

    WR recruiting is about the last position to worry about.
    Missing the point, dude. First of all, you want to stack classes. You can't just stop recruiting WRs in 2021 and 2021 because 18/19 looks good. Secondly, you don't let an ELITE LOCAL PROSPECT walk unless he's the I-5 killer.

    But yeah, let's not worry about this because we got two good WRs in the 18 class. You only need to WRs per three-year period, right?
    Nah you're totally missing the point so I'll spell it out for you. I'm sure Gee Scott is a fine player but with Lubick recruiting the spot I'm pretty sure we'll get receivers just as good. I don't think the other Eastside players will be influenced by whether Scott
    comes here or not. Actually I think the influence will work the other way around thus the slow play. Some of you are just gonna have to get over the idea that Pete ain't gonna jump on every prima donna that comes down the line just because of talent level. Thought that was pretty clear by now. I don't mind the slow play in the least. As always just keep winning. That will always be the best recruiting tool. And if Gee Scott ends up not wanting to play for a local winner then fuck im. Lots of time for this to play out.
    I trust our staff .... there are things we don't know about some of these prospects that the coaches do know. Either you trust this staff or you don't and I trust them !
    Yeah yeah Dennis I get the sarcasm;just seems to me you're spazzing out a little early. This one has a long way to go with probably lots of twists and turns considering the kid and family don't seem like rock solid types. Winning will make up
    a lot of ground that wasn't gained with an early offer. I get the whole trust the coaches snark but even you wouldn't deny the trend in recruiting is nothing but up.
    Our coaches have a couple blind spots. It's probably more frustrating to me because we are so close to becoming a dominant program.

    One of them is this OKG bullshit; one of them is managing in-state recruiting.

    I would normally chill out (okay, I wouldn't) if I hadn't been right about literally everything (or pretty much everything) that I've freaked out about in recruiting. It's a big weakness and we are fucking it up.

    And this place is supposed to be high-standardsville, not coach-trusterville.

    I think most of what Pete does is genius, but in recruiting --->THIS IS THE KEY POINT<--- he has fucked up a lot, then learned his lesson later. He changes eventually, but does a lot of stupid shit until it becomes clear that his Boise bullshit mentality is FS.

    He's fucking up this like he fucked up with Skinny. Like he fucked up having a bunch of white guys on-staff. Like he fucked up with Straußer and Pease. Like he fucked up with Jonathan Smith. Like he fucked up recruiting more OLs than WRs, etc.

    All of this stuff was obvious that he was fucking up.

    Eventually he learns... and sometimes overcorrects - hence we offered Dylan Morris when Dylan was 3 years old... now these guys aren't getting offers (this is my suspicion) because I know they feel like they fucked up offering Dylan so early.

    So, the pendulum swings.
    guntlovebackthepackBeno4Life
Sign In or Register to comment.