Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake extension signed

BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited December 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
Per KJR. No details, buttfucker.

Husky coaching news: Per source Washington giving Jimmy Lake contract extension. He told us after the Apple Cup he would be back next year. Looks like he will be.

— Dave Softy Mahler (@Softykjr) December 14, 2017

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Husky coaching news: Per source Washington giving Jimmy Lake contract extension. He told us after the Apple Cup he would be back next year. Looks like he will be.

It's hard

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Grundle could have done so much more with this twitnews
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Did he finally succumb to FBA?
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

It's hard

On my way!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Now CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Did he finally succumb to FBA?
    He disappeared in December 2016, which brought into existence the hashtag #BringBackOurGrundle
    I remember that long hiatus.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I don't mean to be alarmist here. Just wanted to pass along some information. It's not good. Per my source (a few of you know who this is) watch out for Lake to FSU with Willie.

Willie wants Leavitt but they have to figure out his buyout. This move by UW could be in response to that. Jimmy coached for the Bucs in Tampa. Either Secondary coach or DC depending on what happens with Leavitt.

I hope to god KJR is right.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pat_hm said:

I don't mean to be alarmist here. Just wanted to pass along some information. It's not good. Per my source (a few of you know who this is) watch out for Lake to FSU with Willie.

Willie wants Leavitt but they have to figure out his buyout. This move by UW could be in response to that. Jimmy coached for the Bucs in Tampa. Either Secondary coach or DC depending on what happens with Leavitt.

I could see him going there for the DC spot if offered, but I doubt it would be as a DB coach.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

pat_hm said:

I could see him going there for the DC spot if offered, but I doubt it would be as a DB coach.
    It all depends on the buyout for Leavitt. I know Oregon threw a ton of $ at him. I haven't seen anything official from UW re: the extension. If Lake gets offered the DC job he's taking it.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    How has this guy not get a DC job yet.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Offered is different than signed. Something is up with Lake and it’s not good for the Dawgs.

• Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Willie is going after Lake
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    "Willie can't corch"

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The only thing that matters is what do we give the raise to and how much is his buyout ... and really it’s how much the buyout is because that will really limit the ability to lose Lake to a DC position
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    Maybe I missed the details when Lake was being courted by Cal, but the Times piece makes it sound like Lake was ready to be their DC until Cal decided not to pay his buyout.

Is this just poor reporting?

Did Cal really court him, not knowing he had a buyout?

That sounds too stupid to be true.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    pat_hm said:

I saw a post on an FSU board today about Lake.

"Heard Jimmy Lake from UDub as DC. Is there any truth to any of that or is just B.S. ?"
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

pat_hm said:

I saw a post on an FSU board today about Lake.

"Heard Jimmy Lake from UDub as DC. Is there any truth to any of that or is just B.S. ?"
    The thought of Lake working under Taggart sickens me. I feel like it won't happen, but if Lake is offered and is given the choice, it'd be hard for him to not accept it.