Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Testimonial from a poster who just donated

124»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

@Arc

Why do u keep calling me and asking for donations? I told you I don't give a shit about your fucking retards. Have the Downs kids do a car wash FFS

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Arc said:

You guys are too kind! My own thread and instructions to kill myself before I even became a member. I guess it worked to get me out of hiding.

Let's see, I attended the UW during what many might refer to as the Golden Years, fall 2003 to spring 2008. Yes, it took me five years, but who would have wanted to graduate on time and miss that magical, penultimate Willingham year.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Just days after I'd arrived on campus, checked in as a new freshman in the dorms and not much of a sports fan, at the suggestion of my parents (also huskies), I went to the Stanford game. Not knowing too many people, I went with a girl I'd gone to high school with who happened to live in the same dorm. Thinking back, our parents were probably trying to hook us up and wow was she beautiful, so obviously not a good match. Plus, I was clinging to my high school girlfriend who had moved to California for school earlier that summer (idiot, idiot, idiot).

Anyway, we walk on down to go buy single game tickets because of course we were early millennials (god I hate myself) and weren't in to things like $100, 50 yard line student season tickets to football. After standing in line for no more than 1 minute, a nice man walks up and just gives us a pair of tickets. He didn't want any money, just wanted us to enjoy the game. So, we go take his seats up in the lower part of the 300s on about the 35 yard line, south side and watch the UW comfortably beat Stanford on a beautiful sunny day. The way it was supposed to be, always had been and always would be.

As you can see, my student experience with Husky football started so promisingly, but it was not to be. By the time Sark was hired I was a full blown doog, a broken fan. I barked for Sark, I had the t-shirt. When he was hired, I was like 'hell ya, bring in some of that USC winning sauce!' I cheered like a maniac with a lot of my doog family as we watch the Huskies get only slightly reamed by LSU during his first year. What a weird year, wasn't that the immaculate interception and USC field goal win that ended with no bowl? No matter, we were back, hard.

Ever since the Petersen hire I have not been able to accept that my team is good, that I should expect US to beat anyone. I'm getting better, but I still watch games with a sort of internal cringe as I fear us to be just one fumble or missed tackle away from the beginning of the end.

Thanks for letting me

I still got my Bark for Sark shirt too. I use it as a rag in my garage
    You should ditch that thing before it spontaneously combusts and burns your fucking house down.

• BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Arc said:

You guys are too kind! My own thread and instructions to kill myself before I even became a member. I guess it worked to get me out of hiding.

Let's see, I attended the UW during what many might refer to as the Golden Years, fall 2003 to spring 2008. Yes, it took me five years, but who would have wanted to graduate on time and miss that magical, penultimate Willingham year.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Just days after I'd arrived on campus, checked in as a new freshman in the dorms and not much of a sports fan, at the suggestion of my parents (also huskies), I went to the Stanford game. Not knowing too many people, I went with a girl I'd gone to high school with who happened to live in the same dorm. Thinking back, our parents were probably trying to hook us up and wow was she beautiful, so obviously not a good match. Plus, I was clinging to my high school girlfriend who had moved to California for school earlier that summer (idiot, idiot, idiot).

Anyway, we walk on down to go buy single game tickets because of course we were early millennials (god I hate myself) and weren't in to things like $100, 50 yard line student season tickets to football. After standing in line for no more than 1 minute, a nice man walks up and just gives us a pair of tickets. He didn't want any money, just wanted us to enjoy the game. So, we go take his seats up in the lower part of the 300s on about the 35 yard line, south side and watch the UW comfortably beat Stanford on a beautiful sunny day. The way it was supposed to be, always had been and always would be.

As you can see, my student experience with Husky football started so promisingly, but it was not to be. By the time Sark was hired I was a full blown doog, a broken fan. I barked for Sark, I had the t-shirt. When he was hired, I was like 'hell ya, bring in some of that USC winning sauce!' I cheered like a maniac with a lot of my doog family as we watch the Huskies get only slightly reamed by LSU during his first year. What a weird year, wasn't that the immaculate interception and USC field goal win that ended with no bowl? No matter, we were back, hard.

Ever since the Petersen hire I have not been able to accept that my team is good, that I should expect US to beat anyone. I'm getting better, but I still watch games with a sort of internal cringe as I fear us to be just one fumble or missed tackle away from the beginning of the end.

Thanks for letting me

I use mine to clean up when my dog pukes in the house.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

BayDawg said:

Arc said:

Thanks for letting me

I use mine to clean up when my dog pukes in the house.
    Barf for Sark? hee hee
    hardy har har
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Arc said:

Thanks for letting me

Penultimate means second to last you fucking ding dong.
    We were only down 13-17 @ halftime. If you didn’t see the scoreboard, you’d have sworn we were ahead.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dflea said:

Arc said:

Thanks for letting me

You should ditch that thing before it spontaneously combusts and burns your fucking house down.

Did he tell you he just upped his insurance to replacement cost covering 100% of Resort expenses during the rebuild?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yo dawg, did you fuck Stanford game girl or not?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lol donating over $50 before making a post? Jesus
  • ArcArc Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

No, tragically I did not.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Arc said:

No, tragically I did not.
    Pussy