Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW vs Kansas full game replay

2»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Shenexon said:

Swaye said:

I don't know a ton about basketball, but I know my eyes tell me this team looks completely different than they have for a decade. Ball movement. Set offenses. Defense. Fuck man, even Timmons looks okay. A Romar coached team NEVER wins this game.

Syracuse fan here. Most of us have wondered for years what Hopkins' teams would look like when he became a head coach. When he filled in for Boeheim, he was still coaching Boeheim's team, not his own. So it's very cool to see how well coached his team seems to be and how well the kids are responding to the coaches. You guys played an amazing and inspired game against Kansas and I'm still excited over the win, as are many of Hopkins UW fans that wear orange. I suspect there will be tough games and stretches but this should be a fun season for you guys. I hope you can find a way to win your share of conference games...
    Get an avatar you savage.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I watched the game last night after I got home at 1 in the morning.

1) The crowd was week. They only got loud a few times. They are the fan base that only cheers when their team is winning.

2) Kansas started the game how they wanted and we're ahead early. UW did a great job of not being scared and running their game plan.

3) Game plan was great, Kansas is a 3 point shooting team kind of in the model of Golden State. They play a 4 guard lineup (tho one is 6 foot 8). Our defense at times had 4 dudes at the 3 point line. We didn't pay a standard 2/3 zone. It was more of a 3/2 and the 4 man often was at the 3 point line in the corner.

3a) We did a great job of getting steals and flustering the offense. Too often, Romars teams would jump the gaps for a steal and get out of position. We got a lot of steals from getting into the gaps but being controlled so we weren't out of position if it didn't work.

4) Self was smug and did not adjust the game plan at all. They did get quite a bit of points in the paint, but they should have done that every play. There were many times Kansas had 2 on 1 in the paint and didn't take advantage of it.

5) One of the things that drove me nuts about Romar was zero half court offense. In 17 years or whatever, he never figured one out. We looked comfortable and took what the defense gave us. Worked the ball inside well and took good jump shots.
  • ShenexonShenexon Member Posts: 63
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

Shenexon said:

Swaye said:

I don't know a ton about basketball, but I know my eyes tell me this team looks completely different than they have for a decade. Ball movement. Set offenses. Defense. Fuck man, even Timmons looks okay. A Romar coached team NEVER wins this game.

Syracuse fan here. Most of us have wondered for years what Hopkins' teams would look like when he became a head coach. When he filled in for Boeheim, he was still coaching Boeheim's team, not his own. So it's very cool to see how well coached his team seems to be and how well the kids are responding to the coaches. You guys played an amazing and inspired game against Kansas and I'm still excited over the win, as are many of Hopkins UW fans that wear orange. I suspect there will be tough games and stretches but this should be a fun season for you guys. I hope you can find a way to win your share of conference games...
    Get an avatar you savage.
    fixed...