Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL: Oregon Coaching Search thread

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2017

Lol leave it to MoosterFuckingStupid

So a guy that's a good recruiter with a losing coaching record that hitched his wagon to a good DC is somehow better than a guy that's a good recruiter with a losing coaching record that will hitch his wagon to a good DC?

At least Mario has won a bowl game before. He won the national recruiter of the year award and was coach of the year in the Sun Belt.

Mario and Taggart are pretty much the same guy. I'm not saying either of them are great so don't twist.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

I will miss Willie's recruiting skill, but the bazillion Bama fans down here telling me how awesome of a recruiter Mario is kind of makes that subside. If he hires Randy Shannon to run the defense that will put me on Cloud 9. I would trade Randy for Leavitt in a heartbeat.

hate to break it to you bro but

HE HAS A CONTRACT...just signed one at UCF
    Right. I'm sure if his friend and former teammate offered to triple his salary to come to a way bigger program he wouldn't take it.
    nearly every fucking coaching job he's had has been in the state of florida, the two that havent have been tcu and arky.

but yeah, im sure a guy his age would love to pack up and move across the country to oregon.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited December 2017
    I'm actually kind of glad that Oregon didn't swing for the fences moneywise to keep Taggart. He hadn't earned it yet and I'm not sure the dude deserves top 15 money like FSU is apparently paying him.

Leavitt is still in play. Word is that the choices are Leavitt, Cristobal, or Black Sark (kill me).

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

Leavitt is still in play.

1) if leavitt was 'still in play' they would have made him the interim
    2) oregon is an offensive minded school, so they want to make a d-coord a head coach? he'd be the second coming of lambo
    3) oh, a coach says 'hes not leaving' for a particular school?

jfc, man, you've really lost it.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,788
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    semi o.t. but Sickhawk was extremely bitter and defensive on 950 this morning. Even goofy Doog Dick Fain was teasing him about the Oregon coaching meltdown
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

semi o.t. but Sickhawk was extremely bitter and defensive on 950 this morning. Even goofy Doog Dick Fain was teasing him about the Oregon coaching meltdown

Slickhawk can diaff
  • Options
    TheDawgFan1227TheDawgFan1227 Member Posts: 335
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why the fuck did this guy block me, ME, in the Twitter.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    There just aren't many options. I'm on board with keeping Cristobal as HC and keeping as much of the staff together as possible. He's not going to win anything at Oregon, but give him a short contract (3 years) at a low cost and see how he does. There's just no one else out there right now (except Kiffin, who I'd love to have just because he's the ultimate troll and maybe @Swaye and I could get a chance to double team Layla if she makes it up for the UW game), so I think the pragmatic move is to put in a staff that will stock up the cupboard in terms of talent. Cristobal, Arroyo, etc. are proven recruiters.

So basically, keep Cristobal and as much staff as possible at low cost. Watch them go 7-5/8-4 for 2 years and recruit like mofos. In 2-3 years, when there are a lot more open options available HC-wise, throw crazy money at a good option who is proven...and have a good roster for him to take over so it's not a total rebuild.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    ntxduck said:

There just aren't many options. I'm on board with keeping Cristobal as HC and keeping as much of the staff together as possible. He's not going to win anything at Oregon, but give him a short contract (3 years) at a low cost and see how he does. There's just no one else out there right now (except Kiffin, who I'd love to have just because he's the ultimate troll and maybe @Swaye and I could get a chance to double team Layla if she makes it up for the UW game), so I think the pragmatic move is to put in a staff that will stock up the cupboard in terms of talent. Cristobal, Arroyo, etc. are proven recruiters.

So basically, keep Cristobal and as much staff as possible at low cost. Watch them go 7-5/8-4 for 2 years and recruit like mofos. In 2-3 years, when there are a lot more open options available HC-wise, throw crazy money at a good option who is proven...and have a good roster for him to take over so it's not a total rebuild.

i support this, especially the Layla part
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

doogie said:

Just remember one thing. Phil Knight could have stopped Taggart from leaving with pocket change.

He chose not to. Let that sink in Duck fans.

I think that tells you Willie wasn't that valuable. If someone tried to hire Dana Altman away he would buy the university trying to hire him and have it demolished on live TV.
    Why is it that everything that you post is wrong?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

doogie said:

Just remember one thing. Phil Knight could have stopped Taggart from leaving with pocket change.

He chose not to. Let that sink in Duck fans.

I think that tells you Willie wasn't that valuable. If someone tried to hire Dana Altman away he would buy the university trying to hire him and have it demolished on live TV.
    Why is it that everything that you post is wrong?
    The irony here is somewhere between overwhelming and unbelievable.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    BallzDeep said:

Thank you stupid fucking quooks for proving my point. Please hire a failed head coach/career assistant as your new head coach.

Who else is there, bro?

The playoff has skewed everyone's view of successful coaches so much that there are basically only three good head coaches now.

Lane Kiffin is the only name I want to hear called in Eugene right now but that's not going to happen.

Black Sark started out behind Oklahoma and Texas in everything every year and has to go play Bama, Auburn, and LSU every year. Despite all that he had a very respectable record. He wasn't beating Bama, Auburn, and LSU from Texas Lite though so he sucks, but it he were he'd essentially be the greatest coach ever. Jimbo is going to suck ball there too, and by suck balls I mean win 8 or 9 games most years.

Clay Helton just won a Rose Bowl and followed it up with a conference championship and most people don't even know who he is.

Everyone not named Nick, Urbs, or Dabo is shit.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Do their recruits text each other every morning to see what everyone else is wearing to school?

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The quote button is broken. Anyways, passing on important news to the resident Quooks. Lane divorced Layla last year.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    No one gives a fuck what you think, but congratulations, you've reached Baseman territority in this thread. Even doogman would ban you for being too much of a doog.